Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 07:15:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329736 Posts in 13517 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  No wonder you have less than 500 members...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: No wonder you have less than 500 members...  (Read 15352 times)
Crusader

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2006, 12:10:08 PM »

I can't imagine how you even have that many. I've made a couple of contributing posts, but I make the "I'm new" post and get flamed and outright insulted. I tell you what, my contributions would've been welcome, but instead I don't think I'll return. I don't do well with you angsty teenagers or mid to late twenties losers who think you are owed something for your self-proclaimed gaming knowledge of the gods.

Good luck with this site, you'll need it. And Dade, you give Seattle a bad name, you little fucking bitch.

Signed,
"Napoleon"
Rico

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 12:32:10 PM »

Quote from: "Crusader"
I can't imagine how you even have that many. I've made a couple of contributing posts, but I make the "I'm new" post and get flamed and outright insulted.

People on Internets are dicks, news at 11.

Seriously, though, you remind me of movie critics who judge every movie as if it were meant to be Citizen Kane.  This forum's been around a lot longer than you've been offended by it, and the main site's been going fine for years now too.  There's plenty of non-flaming too, but maturity doesn't just have one definition: Flipping out over a thread and getting all Chicken Little isn't that much more mature than a Your Mother joke.

Grow up and loosen up.  It'll be good for your health.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 12:34:17 PM »

Your toes must be gigantic, I bet you can curl them around the world! Amazing.

Seriously, some of the nicest persons in the world visit these forum. You think people flamed you? Dade is always like that, his reaction to you is no suprise, people here know they shouldn't take those outbursts seriously. Others only pointed out you should have read the rules and welcomed you anyway.

If you feel you were insulted by the whole RPG community, including members like Dincrest and Nuri, I doubt you'll ever feel at home on a message board.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 12:39:26 PM »

Posting in a legendary thread.

btw:  you can't get mad when you don't even read the rules first.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 12:49:41 PM »

If you don't like responses to posts, just lurk. It works for me! Actually this thread will probably never have a reply after mine, as I tend to unwittingly kill threads. Or it will be locked cause I can see this as being a sort of inflamitory thread. Anyway, I'm going back to work and shall continue to lurk my happy way all over

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 01:05:15 PM »

Good luck with this site, you'll need it. And Dade, you give Seattle a bad name, you little fucking bitch.

Signed,
"Napoleon"

Quote from: "Tomara"
Dade is always like that, his reaction to you is no suprise, people here know they shouldn't take those outbursts seriously.

Oh and Tomara, thanks for noting that anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt. Seriously, kid, if you're that sensitive then you need to stay off teh interweb.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that.....less than 500 members is probably a good thing. I'm glad we're not like fucking GameFaq's boads. Jesus man....go there to sulk.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 01:52:11 PM »

This should get very fun very soon.

[/url]
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 01:53:30 PM »

And Dade, you give Seattle a bad name, you little fucking bitch.

It bears repeating.

This thread is staying open for you mid to late twenties losers who have something suitably irreverent to say to Cranky McBumfuck here. :P

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 01:57:15 PM »

I think we're on track for another RPGFan Post Of The Week.
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 02:03:01 PM »

Well. I agree with him somewhat. There does seem to be an unforgivingness to new people. It's mostly just a few people that cause trouble though. I think the mods should crack down on the flaming a bit, and especially the trolls, like Leyviur. This place still has cool mods though, like DR and KX.

yeah, dade is a bitch but thats him. I guess he could seem overbearing to new people, it's like going to someones house that you just met, and they have a really viscious looking dog. Once you get to know people at the house more the dog isn't so threatening.

I really didn't see much flaming in your new person post.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 03:06:43 PM »

Quality > Quantity.

oh, and RPGFan > Whiny dicks.

I just pwned this thread.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 03:56:35 PM »

Yeah, I had to go back and check the thread to see what got Crusader up in arms and I didn't see anything that would make me flip out.   They were just pointing out the rules which are there for a reason.  

I don't think flamming has been that bad lately.  I remember several years ago it was pretty bad.  I was actually scared to register.  I'm glad I did since the board has a pretty diverse group of people that I normally wouldn't come across in real life.  So lurkers out there:  don't be afraid to register and jump into the fray.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »

Hey, ass-monkey.

I wasn't even here for your posts, but, guess what: RPGFan regularly keeps an Alexa ranking of less than 50,000.  What does that mean?  We're in the top 50,000 sites on the internet.  Right now, we're in a slump - around 60,000.  Additionally, our boards were wiped of members in a server move when we switched from InvisionBoard to phpBB.  Let's just let the alexa numbers do the talking, though, and compare RPGFan and the site you have listed as your homepage, VGcore.com in Alexa rankings.

Traffic Rank for vgcore.com:  785,808

Traffic Rank for rpgfan.com:  60,010

Hm.

I'd say we win.

Here's a picture, too.

Get off my boards.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »

Man, and here I thought we had a good newbie. Ahwell. :P