Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 09:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338222 Posts in 13846 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  No wonder you have less than 500 members...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: No wonder you have less than 500 members...  (Read 15676 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 04:34:33 AM »

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 05:32:41 PM »

Bwahahaha! I love you all.

The thing is...I did the same thing this guy did when I first joined! But I also posted a lovely link to Kikko-man and they gave me a very nice little warning about introductory threads and said Kikkoman was pretty awesome so I'm all forgiven. OH OH OH! Best part, I didn't act like an utter hypocritcal asshole like this guy! I just said, "Okay!" AND READ THE RULES AGAIN SINCE I OBVIOUSLY DID NOT READ IT CLOSE ENOUGH! Oh how novel!
Seriously, this sums it up pretty well:

Just to let you know, while not on this board I've been flamed in the past. That wasn't flaming, no where close. You pussy. :D

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 08:47:54 PM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  even though many of us are polar opposites of one another, nothing brings our community together quite like a ripe target for mockery. :P

Nallo

superwilton
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2006, 12:26:09 AM »

I only have two things to say:

1: Eusis is gay.

2: I have no idea what's going on.
Evil Gately
Cryotek

gatelytheevil1@aol.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 09:10:17 AM »

I've been saving this since the last time something like this happened:

I seem to remember that thread becoming 'Topic of the Week', too! :P

But seriously, if you join any community and bitch and whine about established rules that 500+ members have no trouble abiding by, then you get all you deserve. I would honestly consider this thread to be getting off lightly, as the vast majority of posts here have been more along the lines of helpful advice than actual flaming.

Personally speaking, the fact that there is no dedicated introduuctory forums and no introductory threads elsewhere on the boards would've been a pretty big fucking clue that this isn't the sorta place where people post threads that begin with "Hi... blah, blah, blah, ZOMG i lieks t3h final fantaseeee do u?" or words to that effect. Like the rules say, introduce yourself through meaningful discussion and relevent, informed opinions.

Kinda like this thread. Granted, he opens by saying he's new to the boards, but pretty quickly moves on to a discussion that ends up being two pages long.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »

Quote from: "Nallo"
I only have two things to say:

1: Eusis is gay.

2: I have no idea what's going on.

1) No he's not. He's a woman.

Right, Eusina?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
ZE GRAND MASTER

Don't Make Me "Self-Defense" You

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 11:57:22 AM »

I thought we'd already established that the "Internet was a serious business", and this thread is slowly degenerating into spam. I'm glad I didn't read the other 3 pages... There is a certain amount of sarcasm in everything i've just said, by the way.

Anyway, I'll get to the point I was going to make here. I heard that websites like Ctrl-Alt-Del have several hundred thousand members (that could be an exaggeration) , consisting of most of the internet nerdy percentage of the gaming population around the world (its true, you'd have to be the kind of person who spends a hell of a lot of time on the internet to be on forums with that kind of popularity). If you can't imagine 350-odd members, try a few thousand...

I like the relatively close-knit community of this website, as it means you start to know the regulars if you post as often as I do. On Ctrl-Alt-Del, it would be impossible to know anybody on the whole forum, unless you posted about say 500 posts a day. (that's both sarcasm and exaggeration  lol)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2006, 12:08:36 PM »

Yeah. You guys fucking suck. No wonder there are less than 500 members. What the fuck? You guys are the worst message board members in history. I hope you all fucking choke. Fuck you. I hate you. EMO 4EVER.

P.S. Fuck Metal. That's right DR. Fuck Metal and fuck you. Potato.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2006, 12:40:37 PM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"
I like the relatively close-knit community of this website, as it means you start to know the regulars if you post as often as I do. On Ctrl-Alt-Del, it would be impossible to know anybody on the whole forum, unless you posted about say 500 posts a day. (that's both sarcasm and exaggeration  lol)

I knew I liked you for a reason....oh yeah....you were one of the first new guys to come around and not be beligerant or get all sad and EMO when I flame you the first time. And now? You've survived the initial flames, and now you're part of a great and terrible, dysfuntional family.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2006, 01:03:27 PM »

You've survived the initial flames, and now you're part of a great and terrible, dysfuntional family.

You're the only dysfunctional one around here, idiot.

<3

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2006, 01:05:31 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"

P.S. Fuck Metal. That's right DR. Fuck Metal and fuck you. Potato.

Your words speak hate, yet your actions speak LOVE =^.^=

EDIT:  This thread is all shades of awesome.  I should make some sort of Hall of Legends where the most awesome of awesome threads are archived for all time...or the next board crash. :P

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2006, 02:09:41 PM »

http://bitemyvagina.ytmnsfw.com/

[/url]
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2006, 05:47:18 PM »

I gotta say, when I first saw there was a new member called ZE GRAND MASTER I thought 'shit, he'll be a dick.'

But I was wrong!

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2006, 11:33:08 PM »

I gotta say, when I first saw there was a new member called ZE GRAND MASTER I thought 'shit, he'll be a dick.'

But I was wrong!

I think it everytime I see the name. It always takes me about three seconds before I realize that he's been around for a while, and that I have no issues with him....

Whatever. Anyway, it still amazes me every time people like this come around, get some relatively friendly advice and bitch to no end. I mean, christ, get over it. My first post involved some bullshit sarcastic comment, completely ignoring the fact that I made absolutely no indication that I was being sarcastic. I was torn into. I deserved it. And it was a whole hell of a lot worse than anything that's been said here. And you know what? I got the fuck over it. I was thirteen. (This was three years ago, for the record.)

Why is it that I could get over it as a little preteen bitch, and ninety percent of the population can't?
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 12:37:19 AM »

Quote from: "ZE GRAND MASTER"

Exactly why Gamefaqs is pathetic. Everybody's name on messageboards of forums or futaba boards with excruciating numbers of members is like wading through a group of people during a rock concert. You remember people's faces or names for about 10 minutes then you'll forget you ever recognized their existence.

Yes, I am just repeating exactly what you already typed. I don't know why either...

Quote from: "Ragnarok Sabin"
t always takes me about three seconds before I realize that he's been around for a while, and that I have no issues with him....

He's also got a GitS: SAC 2ng GIG avatar, so, bonus points.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: