Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:38:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319215 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Leeky Cauldron: The RPGfan Food and Recipe Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Leeky Cauldron: The RPGfan Food and Recipe Thread  (Read 4718 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 05:12:23 PM »

I got insane charleyhorse cramps in both hamstrings at the same time at the gym today. I need more bananas in my diet.

Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 03:19:35 PM »

I got insane charleyhorse cramps in both hamstrings at the same time at the gym today. I need more bananas in my diet.

Try mixing a bit of of cream of tartar in some water and downing that when this happens.... works wonders, super fast.... just be careful.... too much can be bad (as too much of anything can be...)... on the other hand it will clean out your intestines wonderfully if you catch my meaning......

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »

Dinner yesterday was Pho at a great place.

Today Ive eaten:
1)apple
2)banana
3)leftover Pho
4) a cookie
5) leftover popcorn

My fabulous neighbor made me a mimosa whilst I whooped on him in Mario Kart.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 12:41:18 PM »

Today I tried a different fried rice recipe with peas, spring onion, curry powder, garlic and fresh coriander. It turned out okay, but I don't think I will make it again. You can't go wrong with rice, peas and onion, but I'm just not a fan of curry powder. I've got plenty of rice left, does anyone have a good idea for tomorrow? I'm poor, so I prefer cheap ingredients. Oh, and spicy stuff. Spicy food is the best!
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2012, 01:15:25 PM »

House currently smells like these ginger-molasses-white chocolate chip cookies I just baked. Waiting for it to cool enough to taste how the recipe turned out....
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 09:52:15 PM »

Just tried marmite for the first time. It tastes like salty vomit. Will consider scaling back quantity used in future applications.

Curious to try it on ice cream since the store that sold kecap manis went out of business.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »

ribs and cornbread for dinner.

snack is a bottle of wine and various berries.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 10:21:53 PM by Yoda » Logged

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »

Baked chicken, I crust it with Southwest Chipotle seasoning, steamed veggies (broc and cauliflower) and some great northern beans, nice healthy dinner. Kinda adding to the previous discussions about weight control in the last year I have lost 133 lbs, pretty much totally due to a change in diet, low fat, low carbs, high protein, very, very little "junk foods". However, I am a firm believer that what worked for me might not work for everyone, different body chemistry contributes a lot IMO.

Everything's Eventual
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »

Broccoli cheddar soup for dinner. Don't ask me how it was made, the +1 made it.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 12:17:47 AM »

white castles (jalapeno kind) and wine for dessert.

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 04:27:21 PM »

white castles (jalapeno kind) and wine for dessert.
That's a very...um..."interesting" combination there, Yoda.

I desperately need to get more sleep during the week, but I simply can't do it. If I don't have that late night gaming/reading time I'll go bonkers. What's the point of it all if you don't get to enjoy yourself a bit? This is what I tell my wife when she gets on me about coming to bed too late. Plus, I take meds all day and night so my sleep schedule is totally fucked. I somehow manage about about 6 hrs, and wake up freakin' tired as hell.

Food related:
My son told me last night that I make better sandwiches than Mom does. 60% better to be exact. That made me laugh. I DO, though. A great sandwich takes time, the right kind of bread, and the perfect mix of ingredients. My wife is always in a hurry and will just throw something together without much thought. I love having left over roast chicken or beef from a dinner because I instantly start thinking of the sandwich possibilities.
I had some left over roast chicken and some Ciabatta rolls, so I made bbq chicken sandwiches with cojack cheese and bacon bits(the real kind) on toasted bread. Good stuff.

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 12:00:24 AM »

Dinner today was actually an early lunch (I thought I was going into work at 7p but got called off) from Gareeb Nawaz on Devon. Awesome and cheap N. Indian food.

Ever since I got called off at about 5 I've been chilling. Mixed drinks started at about 8

Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 12:24:40 PM »

I envy all of you... I have extremely rare and weird gut problems and have a VERY limited diet.... so limited in fact I've had to eat doctor directed for the last year or so....... yesterday's breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack went as follows..... organic lean chicken breast atop a bed of organic spinach.... for each meal that is....... up til the snack.... for the snack I cheat a little and have warm almond milk (I'm not really supposed to have tree nuts or anything containing salt, including sea salt)...... I also absolutely must refrain from ANY soy, dairy, wheat and 99.9% of all grains,  corn (and corn by-products... check a list, its in freakin' everything) ANY sugar (including and especially fructose and fructose derived sweetener like agave and whatnot), most vegetables,  all fructans (spices such as garlic, chive or onion), and then to air on the side of caution I can't entertain any food dyes, preservatives and most things on a label you can't pronounce, and I can't go over 1500 milligrams of sodium a day..... for those who don't know, 1500 milligrams of sodium is like having 1 normal portioned meal with an appetizer pretty much anywhere you go out to eat..... other assorted things I can't have any of are cocoa, tea, sea vegetables, many fish, and anything else with a chance of having a high acidity or iodine content....

so whats the moral of the story? cherish your body and health, and eat those cotton candy bismark donuts I look at longingly everytime I go to sheetz because someday... you might not be able....

Worse part of all? I am chronic gum chewer and now have to order my gum over the internet from specific suppliers to the tune of 14.99  for a lousy few packs!! Aside from what I have to pay for in supplements and vitamins to get all the other stuff I'm missing in the diet..... I think my vitamin bills exceeds my food bill for the week-LoL

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 01:32:09 PM »

Any Amerikaaners have a good site to order tea from?

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 11:35:07 AM »

Any Amerikaaners have a good site to order tea from?

I drink a lot of tea, but have never ordered online. Trader Joes and Whole Foods carry a nice selection. So does Cost Plus World Market, but I haven't been there in awhile. Heck, even regular grocery have vastly improved their selections over the years. It's no longer just Lipton black tea. Jewel carries several brands and varieties now. What are you looking for?

Playing: A Link Between Worlds
Reading: Cosmos by Carl Sagan
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: