Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 04:04:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334853 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Leeky Cauldron: The RPGfan Food and Recipe Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: Leeky Cauldron: The RPGfan Food and Recipe Thread  (Read 8175 times)
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2012, 04:47:27 PM »

Thanks Lucca!

Is it looka or lucka?

Looka! Just like Chrono Trigger's Lucca!

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »

Thanks Lucca!

Is it looka or lucka?

Given the fact the game came out when voice acting wasn't an option... it is a good question.  I'm mostly happy we pronounce it the same then too haha

I hated when people said "Tee-dus" for FFX's "Tide-us"/(Titus). 

Pronunciations are fun.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2012, 11:15:32 PM »

Thanks Lucca!

Is it looka or lucka?

Given the fact the game came out when voice acting wasn't an option... it is a good question.  I'm mostly happy we pronounce it the same then too haha

Pronunciations are fun.
I just said it like the comedian but with more d. He was about as funny....which wasn't all that much.

Relevant....sweet chili sauce is the best sauce ever. Put it on everything.

TASTY!
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2012, 09:47:45 AM »

Thanks Lucca!

Is it looka or lucka?

Pronunciations are fun.

I always said Tide-us when the game came out and I played it. Then last year my roommate played through it and kept calling him Tee-dus, and now I do. The power of repetition. Either that or I just have a weak constitution when it comes to how I pronounce things.

Edit: may as well say something on-topic: sliced Italian bread w/ tomato slices, basil leaf, olive oil, and fresh mozzarella. Ho-ly shit.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:55:04 AM by SonicDeathMonkey » Logged
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »

quick and sleazy steak marinade:

miller high life
sesame seed oil
oregano
ground pepper
garlic (i use a microplane to basically liquefy it)
salt, word
cayenne pepper, as much as you can handle
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2012, 05:14:57 PM »

Lucca, I think I'm going to get a bunch from that japanese site. Prices are a bit steep though. So that'll be occasional tea.

I've been on a huge kick though, instead of snacking I have 2 cups of tea. A few months ago I posted that I was unhappy and fat, but eating right since then and doing this tea "diet" and I dropped about 7-8 pounds.

I'm drinking a green jasmine from world market and it says it's USDA organic on it. But then it says it's a product of China. I doubt how organic it is...but it tastes great and was a decent price.

Made a good roasted chicken last night. Some organic free range asshole chicken. Delicious. Salad was all sorts of green in there and homemade ranch. Some dill in the salad (hehehehhehe DILLWEED)
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2012, 05:56:21 PM »

Just had real licorice candy.

Feel like i'm going to hurl all over everything.
Ikusagami

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »

Meat
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2014, 04:20:53 PM »

Meat

I agree.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2014, 04:44:16 PM »

You weren't kidding.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2014, 05:04:40 PM »

In old-school Dincrest fashion, I shall attempt to salvage this.  Last year I had a block of tofu and didn't know what to do with it, so something in my brain said "tofu dessert" so I looked that up and modified a recipe to make my own tofu dessert mousse.  

I whipped silken tofu in a food processor with Ovaltine (though you can use good quality cocoa to make this vegan), some coffee grounds (to add pop to the chocolate flavor), and some honey (again, vegan sub would be agave nectar).  And it turned out pretty good.  

This past Xmas, I tried this this recipe for "veg-nog" to positive effect.  Okay, so my batch was too thick, but it was delicious.  Recipe courtesy of: http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/2013/12/you-gotta-love-raw-vegan-egg-nog.html

RAW VEGAN EGG NOG

1 cup pecans
4-5 cups water
1 cup dates
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Blend it all up. Use hot water if you want a warm drink. It should have the consistency of egg nog but if it's too thin, add more dates or pecans. If it's too thick, add more water. Change the spice amounts as you like.

EDIT: Although I'm an omnivore, I fail miserably at cooking meat.  However, I cook vegetarian food really well.  One time during a Food Not Bombs meeting, I somehow turned recovered cauliflower and potatoes into aloo gobi.  I'd never made it before and my buddy's house didn't really have any Indian spices, but somehow I made the kitchen and house smell like an Indian restaurant and the crew had to stop themselves from eating my aloo gobi so we could feed others with it. 

And just yesterday, I cooked chick peas in tomato sauce with spinach and it's delicious.  I don't like to use a lot of salt in my cooking (I'll use none if I can), but I do like to season my food with all kinds of herbs and spices.  Garam masala is a must in my kitchen. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:12:43 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2014, 05:36:55 PM »

I have started using my grill as a smoker recently. I have made a pork shoulder and a tri tip. The pork shoulder was delicious. I first slathered it in dijon mustard then coated it in a mixture of salt, pepper, onion powder, granulated garlic and cayenne for a touch of heat.

I soaked apple wood and white oak chips in water to get a good smoke, then put them in my grill on a low heat (I have an infrared grill with a curved pan which makes it perfect for smoking). I set the temp at about 250 and smoked the meat for 8 hours.

It was delicious. The smoke was relatively mild in flavor because of the type of wood I used, it was very tender and tasted a little bit like bacon because of the apple wood.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2014, 05:54:49 PM »

Sometimes I feel like the only good way to eat steak is to important an American.

Who wants to be locked in my basement and used as my steak chef?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »

Sometimes I feel like the only good way to eat steak is to important an American.

Who wants to be locked in my basement and used as my steak chef?

My dream is to open a steak house. When I win the lottery and open it I will fly you here and treat you to steak. Then I will fly back out to Scotland and you can show me around the non tourist spots.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2014, 06:52:01 PM »

Steak is the only food in the world I will pay $40+ for. I have an odd combination of weak teeth/jaw and a dangerous fear of choking that I avoid most steaks. So when I can afford it, nothing beats a night out for a well-aged, well-treated piece of beef.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: