Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 05:44:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334409 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Knights in the Nightmare
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Knights in the Nightmare  (Read 2585 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »

This was a game I tried to like but the mechanics are so complicated I just couldn't grasp it.
I love SRPGs so I feel bad for not giving it more chances but oh boy they couldn't have made it any less complicated...

When I finally learned how to play, I realized the game wasn't as complicated as they made it out to be. What did you have trouble with?

"Oh, a hunter..."
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »

I got hand it over to you. I take it back.
This week I ran into an interview with the Atlus PR and among many games they talked about Knights in the Nightmare. The youtube video by its side had some tutorial links for the game so I thought "why not check them out".

After that I picked up the game and wow, I'm loving it. Slowly understing some stuff but most of it is okay now. I'm really glad I gave this another go.

I do hope the story gets a little clearer because as of right now I have no idea of what is going on.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 10:45:27 PM »

The story never becomes particularly coherent. :P

Humbert Humbert

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 12:07:15 AM »

I just don't see why they felt the need to obfuscate every miniscule detail in the combat system. The game wasn't long enough for half the stuff to even matter.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 01:34:06 AM »

I just don't see why they felt the need to obfuscate every miniscule detail in the combat system. The game wasn't long enough for half the stuff to even matter.

It took me 20-25 hours on my first playthrough, and repeat playthroughs on higher difficulties will definitely test how well you can use the battle system as well as weapon management.

I got hand it over to you. I take it back.
This week I ran into an interview with the Atlus PR and among many games they talked about Knights in the Nightmare. The youtube video by its side had some tutorial links for the game so I thought "why not check them out".

After that I picked up the game and wow, I'm loving it. Slowly understing some stuff but most of it is okay now. I'm really glad I gave this another go.

I do hope the story gets a little clearer because as of right now I have no idea of what is going on.

Glad you're enjoying it! It's still one of my favorites.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: