Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 02:39:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327632 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Asura's Wrath
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Asura's Wrath  (Read 5868 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2012, 03:25:25 AM »

Really good article for those who are confused about the nature of this game.  It's definitely worth a read.

It made it more appealing at $40 at least, even though I still wouldn't really want to pay $60 for it.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 11:53:27 PM »

"Let's get one thing straight first: there are plenty of more normal action interludes in Asura's Wrath. It does not consist entirely of QTEs and on-rails shooting."

The way they describe it, as kind of an action version of Heavy Rain actually sounds interesting.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 07:31:27 PM »

That indeed makes it much more interesting, and I was already interested, lol

Everything's Eventual
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 12:04:58 PM »

Fall sleep watching a walkthrough, Asura is really good at screaming and letting his rage go out full force against his enemies. Have to admit I like this guy more than Dante and Bayonetta combined.

Also the story even with all the over the top things that you witness it manage to have some powerful moments, they might be cliche but we can see the same scenes in other animes or games failing miserably trying to get us feel something.

Overall, I like this a lot.
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 02:50:59 AM »

Enjoying the hell out of this now. I have to say they chose some really poor sequences for the demo. I mean, the Wyzen and Augus fights are cool, but are nowhere near indicative of the gameplay depth. I really like the episodic nature of the game, down to the commercial breaks mid chapter. The storyline is really engaging, even with all the crazy over the top anime bravado. I agree it should have been launched at a lower price point due to the extremely short campaign and also because they're going to be doing alot of DLC for this as well (2 chapters confirmed in Japan).
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2012, 03:22:37 PM »

I really enjoyed the demo.  It felt more like an interactive episode of Dragon Ball Z than any Dragon Ball Z game I've played.  It also had some of that One Piece over-the-top-ness of "let's make characters' mouths as wide as we can when they're screaming" which worked.   

Then again, I generally like these kinds of games.  I loved Heavy Rain and have fond memories of Dragon's Lair.  (Okay, I found Shen Mue boring, but I'm not alone there.)  Heavy Rain was worth the full admission price I paid for it a few years back, but I'm really not sure I'd want to play the full asking price for Asura's Wrath.  I hate to say it, but I'd wait till used copies turn up and I can get it for under $20.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2012, 01:04:30 PM »

As much as I like Asura's Wrath this is one of those games that I enjoy more watching someone else play. So I'll just go for something to drink and watch this walkthrough.

Also I didn't notice until I saw the review of that Angry Joe did but this game has nice music.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2012, 07:20:13 PM »

(Okay, I found Shenmue boring, but I'm not alone there.) 

Yes you are! >:(

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »

Capcom charging $7 for this game's 'True Ending'

...why do you people still buy games from this company again?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2012, 05:54:22 PM »

Because Dragon's Dogma actually looks amazing.

(If that tanks it completely undoes my point.)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2012, 06:06:19 PM »

I think the DMC HD collection will be the first Capcom game I buy this gen.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »

Is like Capcom knows that they have to do something outrageous to get the attention of more people to sell their DLC.

But like Joe said in the video, a shame. Specially with Asura's Wrath that's such a good "game" or experience I should say.

I think the DMC HD collection will be the first Capcom game I buy this gen.

DMC4 doesn't have DLC and is pretty decent even if it is a bit repetitive.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:26:41 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 07:32:46 PM »

In all fairness I will admit I have pot-kettle hypocrisy in that statement. If Capcom releases the Ace Attorney 5 game or uploads Apollo Justice to the Wii...I'd buy it. >//<; But still...charging money for an ending is the low of all lows.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2012, 09:48:46 PM »

What?!  Capcom is charging money for new content?!  That extends the game?  How dare they!  Get the torches and pitchforks!  DLC should just be for palette swaps and disc unlocks!

Seriously, do you guys even know what you're complaining about anymore?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2012, 10:16:44 PM »

What?!  Capcom is charging money for new content?!  That extends the game?  How dare they!  Get the torches and pitchforks!  DLC should just be for palette swaps and disc unlocks!

Seriously, do you guys even know what you're complaining about anymore?

When they blatantly advertise "SEE THE TRUE ENDING" it gives pause. That, and looking on Neogaf this is a spoiler-lite description of how the endings work as is, so it is disconcerting that they clearly planned for a full true ending that'd only be addressed.

On the other hand, I had an epiphany that the industry may actively NEED much higher prices to keep operating, not just for the sake of greed, but people aren't going to take to games suddenly being $90 so they'll just do stuff like this to make up the difference. I'll probably go ahead and bite whenever I get the game afterall.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: