Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 02, 2014, 04:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
328024 Posts in 13432 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Need opinions on these games
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need opinions on these games  (Read 961 times)
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:49:33 PM »

I have a Gamestop giftcard that I don't really know what to do with. I was gonna save it for when Final Fantasy XIII-2 comes out butI'm not too sure. I might just pick up Fable III and Mass Effect for Xbox 360 because they're both pretty cheap and not bad games. I had Fable III but sold it before I finished it. I have Fable The Lost Chapters on PC and I thought Fable III was a pretty fun game but I never played the second game. I have Mass Effect for PC but it doesn't run well so I was gonna get the Xbox 360 version to try it out. How is it also how does Fable II compare with the other games in the series. On another note how are the two new Pokemon games for DS any good or not thanks
Zik

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 11:04:08 PM »

Imo, id take Mass Effect over Fable 2. The first Fable was decent, but I really believe that the others are overrated (just like Mass Effect in fact, but still not as much as Fable). But its two completely different games, one is medieval and the other is sci-fi... it depends of what you want. I find Fable too simple, its like the game was made for kids.

Just my opinion though, but its what your asking :P
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 11:20:40 PM »

How many games you playing man?  Do you need to make a topic about every single one of them?

Also for Fable if you took a second to look:  http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=10490.0

Fable 2 is probably the best.  3 sucks.  1 never played and glad I didn't.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
LINK398

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 11:29:26 PM »

I read parts  of that topic already. Also I'm currently playing a bunch of games. I know the Fable games aren't big on story but the gameplay is fun and around here people say the 2nd one is the worst one. I thought the 3rd one was interesting because the player becomes a king later on in the game. Whats so great about the 2nd game
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 10:59:50 AM »

I read parts  of that topic already. Also I'm currently playing a bunch of games. I know the Fable games aren't big on story but the gameplay is fun and around here people say the 2nd one is the worst one. I thought the 3rd one was interesting because the player becomes a king later on in the game. Whats so great about the 2nd game

Dogs.

Also you could and should take these and future questions down to The NEW Game Journal on the General Discussions board.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 02:07:46 PM »

Fable never interested me. The only reason I almost played Fable III at all? I almost got the Xbox 360 bundle that had the console, that game, and Halo Reach.

It depends on what you want. Story, or gameplay. Scifi or medieval. ME1 has a great story, but the gameplay (3rd person shooting mechanics) is... well, alright. Not the best, it takes getting used to. If you can handle that, I highly recommend it.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »

Pokemon Black and White are excellent, they capture the feel of the original games rather well without actually BEING the original games.

For the Gamestop card, I'd get Mass Effect, and spend the rest on XIII-2, if you like JRPGs.

Also, it'd be much appreciated if you could create one unifying topic for all your questions on game quality in the future instead of making like five different ones, or at least put some of them in the appropriate forums (Helper Monkey, for example). Cuts down on the clutter.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 02:18:49 PM »

Forgot to address that - as far as recommendations go, you're better off keeping all those questions in one thread. People will still read them. :P

And when you just want to talk about your progress in a game, just use the game journal thread. Everyone else has to.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 02:45:55 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 02:21:59 PM »

Do you need to make a topic about every single one of them?

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 02:24:26 PM »

I have a Gamestop giftcard that I don't really know what to do with. I was gonna save it for when Final Fantasy XIII-2 comes out butI'm not too sure. I might just pick up Fable III and Mass Effect for Xbox 360 because they're both pretty cheap and not bad games. I had Fable III but sold it before I finished it. I have Fable The Lost Chapters on PC and I thought Fable III was a pretty fun game but I never played the second game. I have Mass Effect for PC but it doesn't run well so I was gonna get the Xbox 360 version to try it out. How is it also how does Fable II compare with the other games in the series. On another note how are the two new Pokemon games for DS any good or not thanks

Fable 3,get that.

Mass Effect 1 on 360 then 2 later.

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »

If you haven't tried the demo for XIII-2 i'd recommend that before writing it off. Otherwise I'll say Fable 2 is pretty decent, also Mass Effect

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: