Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 06:58:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332945 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Megaman X! On iOS.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Megaman X! On iOS.  (Read 2354 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »

Since this has turned into a Capcom bash-a-thon, I might as well point out that I think Asura's Wrath looks really good.  What I played of it at PAX was super fun.  Isn't there supposed to be a demo out soon?

Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 07:28:09 PM »

Hiding it doesn't make it any better. If anything i'd say it makes it worse.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »

I'd agree except this isn't 'digging up' anything. Digging up something is going undercover at your favorite food place only to discover the guy handling your food doesn't wash his hands every other time he handles it. Capcom's been blatantly spitting in the food, with management watching and doing nothing, for well over a year now.

I was thinking more the equivalent of digging through newspapers than doing a full blown investigation. I mean, we have Nintendo becoming shockingly poor about bringing games over (and possibly being inadequately future proof for digital purchases), Sega's abandoned the PSP here despite announcing plenty more for Japan (and STILL announcing more I believe), a few jerks getting to be moderators on Atlus's forums (LATE EDIT: If you actually think that's something to hold against them, I wouldn't), policies of all three (namely Sony/Microsoft) that have kept games from us, etc. Basically the difference here is that some things were perhaps shown to the public too early and have made things a lot harder both to recover from (I don't think we'll see MML3 period given the aftertaste this has left for most people), and that Capcom's bullheaded about DRM, and that's something Ubisoft and EA are both worse about. In fact, EA's more an example of going too far, I'm REALLY not comfortable buying games I may be locked out of at the whim of a forum moderator, even if I don't post there it's plausible this can also extend to playing games online and slipping up once or whatever.

Besides, if Capcom keeps putting out crap like bad MMX ports rather than good MM games they'll likely lose me fully anyway from plain old apathy.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:02:25 AM by Eusis » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »

Since this has turned into a Capcom bash-a-thon, I might as well point out that I think Asura's Wrath looks really good.  What I played of it at PAX was super fun.  Isn't there supposed to be a demo out soon?

Yes it does look like a pretty cool game, and I really don't want to see more videos of it for fear of spoilers.

Though for what understand Capcom is just publishing that game.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 06:46:13 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/10/mega-man-25th-anniversary-logo-hidden-in-iphone-game/

This got a slow golf clap out of me.

"We've come here, not to praise Megaman, but to bury him!" -Capcom at Megaman's 25th celebration.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 10:44:36 PM »

I can safely say that i will never play that x game, and I have played EVERYTHING that features megaman x. The rage of watching that knows no words. I have been completely offended by capcom, and that's after trying out the asura's wrath demo.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 01:11:19 AM »

The rage of watching that knows no words.

That's a little baffling...

Yeah, it's a shitty port.  It looks like they completely phoned it in.  So don't buy it and move on with your life.  Doesn't seem worth the effort of bitching about.

Heck, given how Megaman on a touch screen seems like an inherently bad idea to me I think I would be more offended if they actually wasted resources on this trash.

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 02:15:57 AM »

It's probably more a release of the massive rage in the Megaman fanbase with the cancels and crappy third-party titles all of 2011.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 03:25:10 AM »

It's probably more a release of the massive rage in the Megaman fanbase with the cancels and crappy third-party titles all of 2011.

Pretty much. If this popped up after we got MML3 prototype with the game confirmed and on the way, and maybe even a new Classic/X/ZX installment too for good measure, then there would be no real reason to be that upset with this. Not like we haven't seen awful mobile ports before (MM2) or outright abominations (Mega Man DOS), it's just this feels like a slap in the face with the last exciting Mega Man canceled and nothing else on the horizon. I'd say Capcom must have egg on their face given the 3DS starting to pick up steam, except they had one of the most successful launch titles and must've known how the system would likely turn out with Monster Hunter popping on there first.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: