Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 04:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327938 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  DO you Get 100% in every Rpg?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: DO you Get 100% in every Rpg?  (Read 3660 times)
Alhizzy

Don't Hassle the Hoff!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 05:24:02 PM »

I like to try to with the Suikoden games, but I still haven't succeeded quite yet.  On the home stretch to achieving that in Suikoden 5, but I just haven't gotten around to finishing it with all 108 stars just yet.  In general though it all depends on how much I like the game.  Shining Force 2, Final Fantasy 7/10, Dragonquest 8, definitely took the completionist route on those ones.

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." ~Ron Paul
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 05:55:29 PM »

I came close with Nier, but that's the first one I've done it with in a long time.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Zik

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 06:32:55 PM »

Hell no. I think Golden Sun 2 and Tales of Symphonia might be the only two RPGs that I've done anything possible.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 07:42:45 PM »

Are you kidding? Hell No!

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 07:49:20 PM »

Fuck no, some of those games have too much boring tedious shit to be practical, not to mention games like Skyrim try to actively make it impossible (though given the "infinite quests" I wouldn't count it anyway), if I go for 100% I either REALLY like that game and/or it's not too much of a pain in the ass. Zelda games for example I've 100% cleared, or came close enough to doing so.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:18:06 PM by Eusis » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 07:50:26 PM »

I wish games would stop being more than 20 hours long.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 07:57:07 PM »

I will attempt every side quest that I find at least somewhat interesting, however, with the popularity of multiple endings I simply seldom care enough to play through again (with a few exceptions). Actually, I despise multiple endings, I wade through countless hours and you want me to do it again simply to see another ending, no freaking way, make another game, I'll buy it and you'll make more money off me, lol.

Everything's Eventual
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 08:28:27 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Most I do anymore these days is go for an ultimate weapon if I'm REALLY enjoying the game.  Otherwise no.  Too much of a backlog and games I could be playing instead.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 09:10:23 PM »

I used to when I was younger, but I've long since learned that it's never worth the time and effort. In fact, it's a good way of making you sick of the game in question and never wanting to play it again. The only games I play that thoroughly are in other genres, the most recent being Batman Arkham Asylum and Assassin's Creed II. Though even there, the RPG standard of too many side missions and collectibles is starting to creep in, it's seems every game now has to have countless doodads for you to find, like Arkham City and its 440 Riddler challenges.
Zik

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 09:11:31 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

Most I do anymore these days is go for an ultimate weapon if I'm REALLY enjoying the game.  Otherwise no.  Too much of a backlog and games I could be playing instead.

What? Why would you want games to stop being more than 20 hours long? I can understand for shooter/action games, but imo a RPG that takes less than 30 hours is a bad thing.. Im all for 50+ hours epic RPGs
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 09:17:36 PM »

What? Why would you want games to stop being more than 20 hours long? I can understand for shooter/action games, but imo a RPG that takes less than 30 hours is a bad thing.. Im all for 50+ hours epic RPGs

More time of your life wasted on something that may have padded itself out rather than being concentrated awesome. Though really it's more about games lasting as long as they should, who REALLY wants a game that's good for 20 hours stretched to 50+? Not as if every RPG can carry its momentum for that long.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 09:23:20 PM »

More time of your life wasted on something that may have padded itself out rather than being concentrated awesome. Though really it's more about games lasting as long as they should, who REALLY wants a game that's good for 20 hours stretched to 50+? Not as if every RPG can carry its momentum for that long.

Exactly. There's good reason that Chrono Trigger is so highly regarded almost everywhere, and a big part of that is the perfect pacing. It wouldn't have been the same game had it dragged on for another 30 hours.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 09:24:55 PM »

I used to when I was a teenager, now I try to complete the main storyline and if I have time for any extras I'll look up the ones I want to do.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 09:52:53 PM »

Exactly. There's good reason that Chrono Trigger is so highly regarded almost everywhere, and a big part of that is the perfect pacing. It wouldn't have been the same game had it dragged on for another 30 hours.

Also Fallout 1 and 2. Fallout 1 is definitely in the 9-14 hour range for a first playthrough. Doing everything. Fallout 2 has about the same "Gameplay Momentum" but it's like a 40+ hour long affair.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »

Same with Suikoden 1 (and 2 if you know what you are doing). Very straight forward that tend to keep the plot moving at a brisk pace.

That said....

Seriously. Any game that requires you to purchase every item at every store as soon as it's available because eventually you'll lose access to said shops and or the stocks of said shops get replaced over time is a good reason to say 'FUCK OCD!'.

Same with any game that makes grinding for drops or loot more difficult than either FFV or FFT. Or any game that sticks the infinity +1 sword or parts of it past whatever superbosses are in the game (seriously, what's the point in them if that's all they give? especially since you've just cleared the game's greatest challenge(s) just to get it).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: