Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 03:32:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331378 Posts in 13572 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SRW Z2-2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: SRW Z2-2  (Read 7346 times)
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 04:05:42 PM »

now that we have new handhelds, the 3ds and the vita

both of which will see srw at some point according to lists

I wonder which sub series will go where.

Id like to see the 3ds get another letter entry.  And I think the vita should continue with the z series and elemental series

and the ps3 is getting the next OG series

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »

Respond to what? That "SRW has better gameplay than Mass Effect"?

There is no possible way to respond to that without bringing subjectives into the mix, they are completely different games, serve two completely different audiences, have completely different themes, and are made by completely different companies/people.

We've been patient with you so far, but don't push it. You can gush over the excellence of the SRW series all you want and nobody will stop you but if you continue in this manner, don't expect your stay to be long or pleasant. Commit this to memory.

Also: triple posting. Not a good idea.

VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 04:09:56 PM »

No that the series has had a good showing this gen because they spread out the games

Dont threaten me dude (werent you the guy who told me not to be insulting? lol)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »

They oversaturated the market and I've gotten a bit tired of the games, good run or not.

Also, don't be surprised when you are a newcomer and start acting like big dog on campus, and someone decides you're not welcome to do so. Again, we've been patient. You are entitled to your opinion, but nothing else. I'm not insulting you, just reminding you that you can't violate our rules and act like a jerk and expect to be treated with respect. Remember that.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:17:55 PM by Leyviur » Logged

VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 04:16:15 PM »

Whats happened is namco cant make the games fast enough for that fanbase, so by definition it isnt over saturated yet.

z2 part 2 is coming out in april

I would expect OG 3 to be out by june, july

And either the 3ds entry or the vita entries ( or both)

announced during the year

This year I only expect 2 releases. The psp game and the ps3 game

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 04:19:06 PM »

There's no way you can prove that.

In any case, I'll probably skip on the next few games, I can only take so many SRW games at once.

VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 04:24:34 PM »

Thats just what I think will happen. I am not trying to claim with 100 percent proof it will

I am currently not playing any either. I have elemental 2 on my shelf but I havent started it.

I will wait till z2 part 2 comes out because I wanna play that bad
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 04:24:13 PM »

There's no way you can prove that.

In any case, I'll probably skip on the next few games, I can only take so many SRW games at once.

Yeah, same here. Though My limit's probably much higher than yours, as I've spent months playing, like, 10 different entries in the series at once.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »

most ive ever played at once is 2.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 07:21:02 PM »

Listen, you're ignoring a bigger thing about why this isn't a good counterpoint to people who say JRPGs are declining: ALMOST NONE OF THE GAMES COME TO THE US AND SO NO ONE CARES. Most everyone who talks about the genre being in a decline are those not living in Japan looking at what they CAN play, and for them (and some of the other games you trumpeted) stuff like this simply does not count, not to mention the fact it fails to get brought over can be argued as another reason the genre's in a decline anyway. Even if it did though I bet they'd slam it for being repetitive or something.
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 08:01:27 PM »

I like you an all, but to say nobody cares about srw here is a little silly.Super robot wars has never been one of those kinds of series that get localized. But the fan base is as real now as it was 20 years ago.Whether they think it counts or not, the games still exist and are being released to the fanbase.

Also in general this gen more japanese rpgs are localized than ever and more series, and games from past gens are getting localized in this one.

I have a master list of almost all video games released. And theres been just as many made and localized as any other gen.

You have to remember during the snes gen. Most games we take for granted today like megaten, tales, fire emblem, star ocean,final fantasy, dragon quest and more where not localized.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:12:18 PM by VampiricDragon_ » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 08:50:55 PM »

I like you an all, but to say nobody cares about srw here is a little silly.Super robot wars has never been one of those kinds of series that get localized. But the fan base is as real now as it was 20 years ago.Whether they think it counts or not, the games still exist and are being released to the fanbase.

It's an exaggeration, but that's the thing: the English speaking fanbase is SMALL, and beyond that people either don't know about the series, just know it's the robot strategy game, or they know a decent amount but don't even try caring because it's a licensing nightmare to get any but the OG games out here anyway. It is completely irrelevant to whether the genre is or isn't in a decline. It really isn't worth dragging up in this thread, especially when you did it in other, more relevant ones anyway.
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »

Small and more dedicated than most other fanbases, you have no idea.

Translation projects for these games spans years.  But they pull through because thats how much the games mean to us.

The way I see it ( and some others Ive spoken too) decline/death whatever you want to call it is more about # of games and less about how people feel about games. So in that way SRW has thrived more this gen, than last, when 2 of the games did get localized.

Anyway lets get back on topic and talk about Z2-2 which is shapping up to be great
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »

Small and more dedicated than most other fanbases, you have no idea.

Still doesn't matter to the argument about whether they're in a decline or not because that's just as much about popularity as anything else, and we have gone on about this long enough. Time to go back to regular SRW talk or I'll lock this.
VampiricDragon_
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 09:19:05 PM »

The argument of decline is always about quantity, since quality is completely subjective.

I agree lets move on.

I own about 50 srw games myself. Including the rare boxes and such.

What about everyone else?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: