Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 01:49:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327869 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  SRW Z2-2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: SRW Z2-2  (Read 6903 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2012, 06:27:58 AM »

it may seem broken but its not really. from personal experience the bosses take longer to take down and are more dofficult to hit. the difficulty is akin to OG2 gba but things get difficult much faster. early in the game on the real route i had to fight zechs and quattro often and suzaku is a bitch to hit. then things got worse when code geass R2 kicked into full gear with gino and anya and gilfords new mech. then theres the original boss i had to fight with high defense loads of hp and hp regen.

exia repair sticks around for about 3 stages before being upgraded to 00.

more attack videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU-qsYqTrPHg284FcbsQtpYw&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/user/FullFrontal86
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:33:56 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2012, 07:52:35 AM »

It might not seem broken at first but once you start stacking emblem bonuses, carryover bonuses, cheap upgrades, broken skill combinations, etc. you can break the game. If you're playing it the hard way without doing any of those things, more power to you, but if you take advantage of everything the game gives you access to, the difficulty isn't going to last long.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »

For anyone interested, I'm recording a video playthrough of Z2-2. It's a gameplay playthrough, though.. not much in the way of animations.

I love that videos can be longer than 10 mins now.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL20BF11F5EF68F740
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2012, 09:49:49 PM »

For anyone interested, I'm recording a video playthrough of Z2-2. It's a gameplay playthrough, though.. not much in the way of animations.

I love that videos can be longer than 10 mins now.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL20BF11F5EF68F740

Will you be getting all of the skill points? Maybe describe what you need to do to get them in the video description? Cuz the videos I'm currently watching doesn't seem to be going for them.

Additionally, more spoilers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHkSmu91PRc&feature=channel
Code:
Final Boss of Z2-2 oneshotting the Final Boss of Z2-1 (provided you take his route, otherwise you're stuck with the guy getting oneshotted). 0_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsnANv7jVn4 -- And a video of a bunch of final and/or combo attacks, including a Double Dancouken fistbump, an Arc Gurren Lagan, and a Shin Getter/Getter Dragon Shine Spark.

Plus a list of all the Emblems in the game, how to get them, and what they do.

Iron - you need 20 aces - Experience Gain x2 (stacks with Gain)
Bronze - A pilot needs 150 kills - SP Regen 20/round
Silver - A pilot needs to have earned 1,500 PP - 3x PP earned
Gold - You have to have earned 20,000,000 credits - x2 money earned (Stacks with Luck)
Platinum - 55 SR Points - Move Again

You can theoretically have someone like Kallen pull off 6 attacks per round through a combination of Attack Again, Continuous Attack, and that last Emblem.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2012, 11:42:12 PM »

7 times with Aoi if she still has the same ace bonus.

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2012, 01:57:45 AM »

Will you be getting all of the skill points? Maybe describe what you need to do to get them in the video description? Cuz the videos I'm currently watching doesn't seem to be going for them.
Yeah I will be aiming for the skill points. The best reference right now is the Akurasu wiki.
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2012, 05:22:59 AM »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-04-18/dai-2-ji-super-robot-taisen-z-saisei-hen-tops-sales-charts-again

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2012, 06:27:56 PM »

Yeah, saw that earlier. It's great that a good PSP game is still doing well (actually, it's not the only one doing well, judging from the chart).

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2012, 07:15:58 PM »

300k is solid when you consider additional PSN sales.

I'm up to scenario 25 (playing all routes), enjoying it so far. And then I realize I have to spend a couple hours editing and trimming videos.
Two Sheds Jackson
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2012, 09:33:49 PM »

300k is a super solid
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2012, 03:20:54 AM »

I've completed my Z2-2 challenge run, although I missed out on the alternate ending route.  I've finished uploading playthrough vids of almost all scenarios. The full challenge conditions are included in the playlist description if you're interested in reading them. Anyway, it's the only fast paced gameplay walkthrough of Z2-2 on youtube, as opposed to the others that are all focused on animations and dialogue and such and take hours to watch a single scenario.

Like most SRWs I've played, the late game plays much differently from the early and mid game. The early and mid game is mostly concerned with dodging, defending, support attack/defend and countering, while the late game shifts to a focus on MAP attacks, support seishins like Enable, Hope, and Supply, and high damage attacks. I like the change of pace as you get to experience the game in a different way and aim for even lower turn counts than the first half of the game.

Route choices: D (Kummen), B (Space #2 Route), C (Space #3 Route), A (Dark Continent Route #2), B (Frontier Fleet Route), A (Normal Ending Route).

Final turn count: 261 turns / 60 scenarios (4.35 avg). There were a few scenarios I didn't feel like replaying for a lower count, so I know there's room for improvement here. Not a lot of room, though. Anything under 5 average is pretty good in my books, whether it's a challenge run or not.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:51:29 PM by mjrpgfan » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »

Unfortunately I kinda fell behind in my following of SRW Z2-2 playthroughs (damn you FE11 :arghfist:) so I may have to take you up on your offer.

But before that, I have to ask if there's anybody in the game with attack animations worse than those of that one Code Greatass mook who's name escapes me at the moment but was the unimportant Spinzaku wingman in the show? (I mean this even makes fucking Godmars look good.)

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »

I'll be honest, I watched most of the 'final uber ultimate' attacks, but I didn't watch every single robot's attack animation. So I really couldn't tell you, sorry.

That final attack vid you linked to did look pretty corny, though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: