Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 07:52:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331659 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tokitowa - Time and Eternity (third person 2D/3D RPG, imageepoch, PS3) announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Tokitowa - Time and Eternity (third person 2D/3D RPG, imageepoch, PS3) announced  (Read 25084 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2013, 12:10:35 AM »

But I'd have to ship you over via crate

Once just for the heck of it I tried to calculate what it would cost to ship a person FedEx or UPS and concluded that it was substantially cheaper to just fly on a normal airline.  Shipping something the size and weight of a human being is expensive!  Though I don't know how much of that comes from the door-to-door nature of the service...there isn't really an option for "leave my package at the sorting facility, he'll find his own way out".

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2013, 12:12:44 AM »

But I'd have to ship you over via crate

Once just for the heck of it I tried to calculate what it would cost to ship a person FedEx or UPS and concluded that it was substantially cheaper to just fly on a normal airline.  Shipping something the size and weight of a human being is expensive!  Though I don't know how much of that comes from the door-to-door nature of the service...there isn't really an option for "leave my package at the sorting facility, he'll find his own way out".

I'll pay a premium friendship if you don't eat for five days prior to shipping then.

BAH.  Very well. Economy class.  Or can you just fit in the luggage overhead storages?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2013, 12:27:12 AM »

I don't want this game but I sort of want that limited edition...what the hell is wrong with me...

Still don't care since it doesn't change the fact that the game is still the epitome of :japan: and :effort: rolled into a single package.

And if it helps, all the preorder stuff to me is just a tragic reminder of how wasted the artwork (among other things) is on this game.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2013, 12:31:29 AM »

I don't want this game but I sort of want that limited edition...what the hell is wrong with me...

Still don't care since it doesn't change the fact that the game is still the epitome of :japan: and :effort: rolled into a single package.

And if it helps, all the preorder stuff to me is just a tragic reminder of how wasted the artwork (among other things) is on this game.

Given the scathing reviews I've seen/heard, I actually kinda feel bad it's being localized. because it can't mean good things unless you're like....*really* into style>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>substance (and even the "style" part is sort of awkward).  I can't fault people who wanna give it a shot or like it though if it's just their thing -- this seems like it's really hitting a specific (very) audience.

...anyone else hate the way the Red-haired Toki poses in battle with her rifle?  It's like the animator's just *COULDN'T* bring themselves to show her only from behind, but it makes her torso twist in a way that hardly looks comfortable.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2013, 12:35:01 AM »

It doesn't help that everyone who Youtubed the Japanese version of the game showed how easily broken and trivial the battle system is either...
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2013, 01:10:23 AM »

That's kind of the thing.  Vofan's concept art for the game is gorgeous, and I wouldn't mind an artbook with it.  What actually made it into the game is another story...

Anyway, I've settled down and recalled that the soundtrack for the game is actually pretty bad...meaning the artbook and poster are the only things in that set I would actually care about.  And that's just silly for the asking price...

Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2013, 06:45:07 AM »

I'm sort of with you on this one. I don't want the game based on what I have read about it, but this is the first special edition game from NISA that I haven't bought in several years so I tempted to get it for the sake of getting it. >.>
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2013, 12:28:37 PM »

It doesn't help that everyone who Youtubed the Japanese version of the game showed how easily broken and trivial the battle system is either...

Or how tedious and boring it is.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: June 26, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »

RPGFan's review is up...ouch.

unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: June 26, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »

rpgamer's doesn't tell a prettier tale. I guess the RPGFan review at least confirmes that it is in fact not more enjoyable for men despite what some people suggested.
I feel sorry for the people forced to slog through that mess.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: June 26, 2013, 02:03:06 PM »

I would've gone with the tag line of "Never before have I seen such gorgeous artwork wasted so badly.", but yes, that is exactly the impression I came away with from the live stream of the first two hours of the game when it first came out in Japan.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #176 on: June 26, 2013, 03:38:30 PM »

rpgamer's doesn't tell a prettier tale. I guess the RPGFan review at least confirmes that it is in fact not more enjoyable for men despite what some people suggested.

If people suggested that the abysmal gameplay would have somehow magically varied and become not abysmal based on gender, I think their suggestions were faulty to begin with. A bad game is a bad game.

I hated this game and I only played it for 15 minutes at E3. Koshiro's talents were wasted on it.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
unsmashable_pumpkin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2013, 05:18:36 PM »

If people suggested that the abysmal gameplay would have somehow magically varied and become not abysmal based on gender, I think their suggestions were faulty to begin with. A bad game is a bad game.

I hated this game and I only played it for 15 minutes at E3. Koshiro's talents were wasted on it.

I think the logic was that if you were a guy the obnoxious fan-service might be enough of a redeeming quality to compensate for the bad gameplay. There might be a very very small target audience for which that is actually the case, but in my opinion it is pretty offensive to men to make the blanket statement that it is more enjoyable to men.
Not all men enjoy this kind of pandering drivel.
Thinking back, wasn't there people who tried to make the same kind of arguments for the ar tonelico 3 and third birthday reviews?
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: June 26, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »

too bad it sucks
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:16:14 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 26, 2013, 06:39:40 PM »

I think the logic was that if you were a guy the obnoxious fan-service might be enough of a redeeming quality to compensate for the bad gameplay. There might be a very very small target audience for which that is actually the case, but in my opinion it is pretty offensive to men to make the blanket statement that it is more enjoyable to men.
Not all men enjoy this kind of pandering drivel.
Thinking back, wasn't there people who tried to make the same kind of arguments for the ar tonelico 3 and third birthday reviews?

Yes, as a matter of fact. And for many, many more. There's always one (or a few) in every crowd.

I liked the artwork. Everything else, not so much. I didn't even check it out at E3. =P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:42:05 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: