Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 12:16:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329900 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tokitowa - Time and Eternity (third person 2D/3D RPG, imageepoch, PS3) announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Tokitowa - Time and Eternity (third person 2D/3D RPG, imageepoch, PS3) announced  (Read 24147 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2012, 09:29:40 PM »

Well then, the control had better be tight and responsive.  An action RPG with loose and sloppy controls probably won't sit well with any of us.  Still looks great, though. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 09:41:41 PM »

Tokitowa (Time & Eternity) full resolution screens

Yep, still looks pretty.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 09:43:35 PM »

Well then, the control had better be tight and responsive.  An action RPG with loose and sloppy controls probably won't sit well with any of us.  Still looks great, though. 

to be fair we have no idea what the final battle system is

they never discussed it
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2012, 05:40:32 PM »

Doesn't matter.  An action-RPG needs tight responsive controls anyway, regardless of whatever system is implemented. 

Full res screens look sexy. 

Why am I talking to the dead like the kid in 6th Sense?

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 05:52:15 PM »

Who doesn't love a good one-sided conversation?

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 09:53:09 AM »

http://andriasang.com/con0do/tokitowa_heroines/

Gorgeous new art here. (FYI, if you add this to the main page, there's really no need to keep citing Andriasang or Siliconera, since they always get this stuff from Famitsu or JP blogs.)

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2012, 02:09:56 PM »

Thread resurrected on account of localization rumours.

Though I really still want to see how this game actually plays before I get excited about it...

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2012, 07:19:52 PM »

You neglected to mention the fact that there's a pic of a second female with the same fashion sense of the leading female or that they're both literally Launch from Dragon Ball (to continue my current run of making DBZ allusions, although this one's simply a DB allusion) right down to having the exact same personality switch trigger.

Still no hint of a party system or what the role of the other characters are outside of the male lead getting ganked.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2012, 08:28:44 PM »

I didn't mention it because it's old news.  It was revealed months ago. Like here, here, and here.

They really haven't said anything about the battle system one way or another.  There certainly are other characters in the game, so I wouldn't assume that it's not a party system.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »

Thread resurrected on account of localization rumours.

Though I really still want to see how this game actually plays before I get excited about it...

In a way it's not surprising, they made that deal with Imageepoch to get their games over, yet the PSP practically flatlined months after the announcement, with games STILL to come out. Unless they had no problem sitcking with PSN releases likely kept with Japanese VA (or convinced them to port to Vita/3DS) this would be one of those games to grab and bring out for them instead.

Of course, Namco Bandai could just deal with it themselves, whichever. They seemed to have warmed back up to focusing on Japanese titles as of late.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »

With Ni No Kuni on the horizon and Tales of Xillia, perhaps Tokitowa has a chance from Namco-Bandai. 

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »

http://andriasang.com/con1yt/tokitowa_update/

And now there's time travel. Can't say I'm surprised given the name of the game.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2012, 10:57:11 AM »

And still no gameplay. This is bad comedy.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2012, 11:32:04 AM »

And still no gameplay. This is bad comedy.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/18/time-and-eternitys-battle-system-has-quick-time-event-finishing-moves/

Can't even say this is reliable though given that FFVII never had that feature (FFVIII did but was limited to Squall's Gunblade), and Super Mario RPG was the game that made Timed Hits a thing.

http://andriasang.com/con1vv/tokitowa_battle_system/

Also this, but it still doesn't actually say anything useful.

Of course, this whole damn game thus far has been nothing but a comedy of errors given that the initial reports stated the following....

You play as that prince whose marriage formed the Kingdom. You're 18 years old, and even though you're married, you still haven't had your first kiss. The prince is meant to be named by the player, although he does have a voice actor, Tsubasa Yonaga.

The princess's name is Toki. Toki is 16 years old and always keeps Drake, her blue colored dragon-like pet, at her side. Toki is voiced by Kana Hanazawa.

....now it doesn't even look like the male lead is even going to be alive for at least a good portion of the game.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2012, 02:51:55 PM »

Most people think the prince became the dragon.

The game sounds great, and nothing shy of a same-day localization announcement will prevent me from importing, but I'm having less and less reason to be optimistic.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: