Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 06:20:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319681 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tokitowa - Time and Eternity (third person 2D/3D RPG, imageepoch, PS3) announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Tokitowa - Time and Eternity (third person 2D/3D RPG, imageepoch, PS3) announced  (Read 19707 times)
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »

Image Epoch themselves seem to want it localized, and that helps a lot, and the chances are otherwise pretty high, since it's a PS3 game. I did mention that it reminded me of Thousand Arms, but that was solely because of the visual style.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2012, 11:28:56 PM »

I don't even know where to begin...I could say more, but here's a couple points:

First of all, there's no sign of a harem here.  The narration specifically says choosing between Toki and Towa, which is a love triangle at most (assuming they even count as different people...).  The other girls are barely even in the trailer and seem to be minor characters, so I don't know how you reached that conclusion.

Second, why do you keep going on about Toki/Towa being 'ganked'?  When does that happen?  Did I watch the same trailer as you...

Also, in regard to your last comment there's actually a very good chance this game is getting localized (my money's on NISA), though nothing has been announced officially.

In regards to the first point, my lack of faith in a rather anime JRPG not having a harem or dating sim aspect to it is the likely source of this assumption. It was only a theory after all.

In regards to the second point, the trailer at times 2:21 to 2:22 make my point if you will. And if that ain't a ganking than I do believe I've managed to spot an animation error.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2012, 11:56:27 PM »

In regards to the second point, the trailer at times 2:21 to 2:22 make my point if you will. And if that ain't a ganking than I do believe I've managed to spot an animation error.

That pinprick?  Really?  It's just a flesh wound.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2012, 08:50:03 PM »

That pinprick?  Really?  It's just a flesh wound.

We're talking about a female character in a JRPG here. Where a grabbed wrist is instantly debilitating. I promise you a cutscene stabbing, even that minor, is going to be fatal.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2012, 09:51:06 PM »

So, Tokitowa has been sorta-kinda confirmed for an English translation.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-08-13/tokitowa-producer/game-has-english-release-plans

Oddly, it's brought up that there are absolutely no plans for any other language.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2012, 06:15:35 PM »

games cover art.

not suprising from a company that made every female is bi fate extra :P

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2012, 05:47:51 AM »

Im very hyped for this one, regarding the harem in its initial days it was a feature:

"You can CHEAT on your wife" so my harem hopes are still up, you might say that the trailers doesnt point it out but the same as the prince role in the game isnt clear as of yet but he is the hero nevertheless so summary this game could have many things that we dont know yet.

The True Growlanser
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »

http://andriasang.com/con2by/tokitowa_screens/

Moar screens and gameplay details.

I love how I still have no fucking clue as to what this game's actually about. I feel like there's this major facet of gameplay that they've been keeping closely guarded like some kind of conspiracy (or maybe its more like they're in the process of telling us this boring old joke but they refuse to get to the punchline).

The Legendary Zoltan
Narcissistic Legend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2012, 05:32:48 PM »

"the world's first HD animation RPG."  What exactly do they mean by this?  Isn't any game that is in HD counted as having HD animation?

Also, did I read the first post wrongly?  I thought that we play as the prince but all the screenshots are of Toki.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2012, 05:42:13 PM »

The HD Animation RPG thing refers to traditional animation. Studio 4C provided the animation for pretty much the entire game, so the game is intended to look like you're playing an anime. Not a cel-shaded game with an anime art style, an actual anime.

And we're all kind of confused about the thing with the prince too.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2012, 07:06:10 PM »

Re: the prince - so, he actually dies like minutes into the game, when they're getting married. Turns out that Toki/Towa eventually travels through time so she's trying to save him, if I recall.

I *think* they revealed/showed him first and kinda called him a main character, so we assumed at first he'd be the playable one.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:08:26 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2012, 09:48:58 PM »

for some reason im reminded of those old dragons lair arcades.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2012, 11:29:29 PM »

The official Tokitowa website actually does refer to the prince explicitly as the protagonist, but every piece of media we've seen of the game seems to contradict that.

Also, anyone else notice that the dragon thingy Draeke (not a typo, that's how they spell it!*) actually talks?  That was news to me in this batch of screenshots.

Edit: OK, I looked at the website again and now it says "Drake".  I swear to go it used to say "Draeke"!  I'm not lying...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 11:34:03 PM by Kevadu » Logged

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2012, 08:34:50 AM »

I'm starting to think this game looks cool.  The perspective during battles still looks odd to me though
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2012, 11:54:37 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/23/another-peek-at-time-and-eternitys-battle-system/

Another trailer. This time focusing on Toki's abilities.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: