Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 05:32:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330103 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tokitowa - Time and Eternity (third person 2D/3D RPG, imageepoch, PS3) announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Tokitowa - Time and Eternity (third person 2D/3D RPG, imageepoch, PS3) announced  (Read 24320 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2013, 05:14:03 AM »

I was bumming 'round the interwebs and happened to stumble across a full import review of this game.

It's as bad as I feared...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2013, 09:59:59 AM »

^So basically this is 'Anime Bullshit: The RPG'.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2013, 11:10:19 AM »

I think one of the saddest things is that it couldn't even get its graphics right.  They were one of the main features it was touting, after all.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2013, 01:36:06 PM »

Imageepoch did the Luminous Arc games? That explains everything.

Also, holy hell, did they waste a lot of talent.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2013, 01:08:32 PM »

Even the joke "interdimensional harem" theory we had going on page 2 seems better than what the final product really is.  And to hear they screwed the pooch on the graphics (which were supposed to be the big selling point).  I mean, we knew the game wasn't going to be some cerebral treatise on the nature of marriage and relationships, but if you're going to make a cotton candy RPG, make it the fluffiest and sweetest cotton candy out there.  I can live with that.  But a lack of effort is what kills me, and that review (which reads pretty sincerely to me) basically says the game is a lack of effort in all areas. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »

While I normally don't trust Japanator as far as I can throw them...that seemed like a pretty sound review. I didn't have high hopes for this game, but it really sounds unenjoyable, which is disappointing in and of itself.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2013, 02:00:44 PM »

Even the joke "interdimensional harem" theory we had going on page 2 seems better than what the final product really is.  And to hear they screwed the pooch on the graphics (which were supposed to be the big selling point).  I mean, we knew the game wasn't going to be some cerebral treatise on the nature of marriage and relationships, but if you're going to make a cotton candy RPG, make it the fluffiest and sweetest cotton candy out there.  I can live with that.  But a lack of effort is what kills me, and that review (which reads pretty sincerely to me) basically says the game is a lack of effort in all areas. 

More than lack of effort I would say it sounds like a lack of budget.  What they were attempting was actually pretty hard to pull off and Imageepoch just didn't have the resources for it.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »

The music is awesome, at least.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2013, 02:13:39 PM »

That's good news.  The music I've heard so far from trailers and all sounded fairly generic to me. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »

That's good news.  The music I've heard so far from trailers and all sounded fairly generic to me. 

It's Yuzo Koshiro. The battle themes and stuff are super rad.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2013, 03:28:31 PM »

More than lack of effort I would say it sounds like a lack of budget.  What they were attempting was actually pretty hard to pull off and Imageepoch just didn't have the resources for it.

While I wouldn't be surprised if a tight budget hamstrung the development of the game, I still feel that Imageepoch is to blame for this one. It was pretty obvious during the development phase that they were focusing on the HD anime-ness of the game instead of talking about the gameplay or anything that didn't involve romancing Toki/Towa. And really, with the talent they had they could've easily found ways to make useful compromises without impacting the HD goal. Honestly, given their track record, I'd be pretty surprised if they weren't phoning in anything that didn't involve playing the pervert.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2013, 01:08:57 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvDau-o8UY

1:02 kinda reminds me of mecha anime series from the 70's.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2013, 08:10:55 AM »

Awesome a super-niche title like this is getting a release... but yeah... From what I've seen/heard about the game, I couldn't care less.

Atelier Ayesha for Europe as I sit in NA though... hmm.... any good EU game store that ship out to the wintery canadian north?

Zavvi.com are a little slow but I've ordered from them multiple times and never had a problem.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: February 08, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »

I still want it, i tend to like bad games aniway (Enjoyed the mummy on PS1 and P1 onPS1).

The True Growlanser
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: February 08, 2013, 05:40:51 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvDau-o8UY

1:02 kinda reminds me of mecha anime series from the 70's.

I totally get a 1970s mecha anime vibe from that piece as well.  I freaking love it! 

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: