Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 06:38:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332945 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tokitowa - Time and Eternity (third person 2D/3D RPG, imageepoch, PS3) announced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print
Author Topic: Tokitowa - Time and Eternity (third person 2D/3D RPG, imageepoch, PS3) announced  (Read 25613 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2013, 01:19:14 PM »

BRS and Fate/Extra have preestablished universes(and good stories) going for them

For BRS that's really a stretch.  The only thing pre-established was the character design of Black Rock Shooter.  Seriously, that's it.  Everything else was made up for the game.  It's true that there's a BRS anime out there too, but it's totally unrelated.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2013, 02:05:55 PM »

So I discovered my cousin preordered a copy of this as a birthday present when it arrived in the mail. My first impressions:

The art is pretty nice, the animation is kind of janky, the music is okay, sometimes, and the acting is not bad. The gameplay is incredibly basic. Oh, and Zack, the knight, is a total creeper.

My first impression is that this game is mediocre. It's playable, but I think it would work better as an arcade-style short rpg thing.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2013, 03:06:25 PM »

So I discovered my cousin preordered a copy of this as a birthday present when it arrived in the mail. My first impressions:

The art is pretty nice, the animation is kind of janky, the music is okay, sometimes, and the acting is not bad. The gameplay is incredibly basic. Oh, and Zack, the knight, is a total creeper.

My first impression is that this game is mediocre. It's playable, but I think it would work better as an arcade-style short rpg thing.

Don't worry. You'll see why nobody likes this game in the next 40-50 hours of doing the exact same thing. Seriously, I guarantee that you've already seen everything this game has to offer.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2013, 03:37:08 PM »

Don't worry. You'll see why nobody likes this game in the next 40-50 hours of doing the exact same thing. Seriously, I guarantee that you've already seen everything this game has to offer.

I saw somewhere or other that the game is only a little over 20 hours long
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2013, 04:57:47 PM »

I saw somewhere or other that the game is only a little over 20 hours long

That's better than what I got which is just an assumption that this game is of the average console JRPG length.

Still 19.5 hours too many though.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »

Probably gonna FEEL like 40-50 :p
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2013, 01:56:20 AM »

I watched the beginning of a playthrough and immediately knew this game wasn't for me.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »

The plot is kind of messed up. Okay, so at the start Toki/Towa and Zack's wedding is attacked, right, and Toki/Towa go back in time to prevent it. They prevent it, go to the present and have the wedding. And then a frigging vampire and a ripoff of Pyro Jack attack out of nowhere. The universe hates this wedding so much that random monsters want to stop it.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2013, 06:43:08 PM »

Almost makes the silly "interdimensional harem" plot we joked around with on page 2 sound like a genius piece of writing. 

...and I was stupid enough to try and wishfully think for a JRPG that maturely explores the theme of marriage and relationships.  Not happening in my lifetime, I don't think. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2013, 07:51:20 PM »

Well, there's Catherine.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »

Very true. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2013, 05:18:12 PM »

So, I finished the second part and I'm halfway through the game now. And the wedding gets attacked by one of the useless side characters. And it turns out that there's a weird pseudo-timeloop thing going on and to stop it Toki/Towa needs to get (and I'm not kidding here) the Four Somethings from the Great Spirits. The first one is Something Old. I mean, this game is actually kind of growing on me. It's dumb...really dumb, and the gameplay is kind of boring, but the plot uses random cliches in weird places so that while each individual chapter is pretty easy to predict, the central focus of the chapters themselves is actually kind of surprising. In a really stupid "Who'd think that was a good idea?" kind of way. Oh, and the final boss of the second chapter uses a different battle system then the rest of the game for no apparent reason.

Although, I think my opinion is colored by the fact that it was a present, so I didn't actually pay for it. I would be really annoyed if I had paid 50$ for it.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »

Probably gonna FEEL like 40-50 :p

It does! It took me 23 hours to finish the game including all the sidequests, but it felt like an eternity... Pun not intended.

In the end I didn't hate the battlesystem (it's almost kind of fun once you get a bunch of skills and magic) and I enjoyed some of the plot twists, but wow, this game was stupid! That pervert Zack wasn't really worth saving and all the girls were as bland as cheap noodles.

Oh, and the final boss of the second chapter uses a different battle system then the rest of the game for no apparent reason.

There's a total of three fights in the game that use the system and one is a repeat of the first. I think. It might actually just be two. The boss fights are kind of forgettable...
Chronix112
Yasunori Mitsuda / Genso Suikoden fanboi

The Pessimistic One

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2013, 12:41:48 AM »

Wow, some brave soul actually finished this game!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2013, 12:45:25 AM »

Wow, some brave soul actually finished this game!

That's what they pay playtesters to do.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: