Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 04:38:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338474 Posts in 13855 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  String quartet music sheets? (video game related)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: String quartet music sheets? (video game related)  (Read 2276 times)
FeatherFang

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2012, 08:06:22 PM »

It's my final year being with a few friends and I want to be in a quartet with them. I've never been able to express how much I like music from video games, but I think this is an opportunity to show other people. So I'm looking for any video game related music sheets dealing with string quartets (pretty sure It's going to be two violins, a viola, and a cello). I usually like RPG soundtracks (No wonder I found this site lol) I am willing to buy the music sheets if someone can direct me somewhere to buy it.

My thanks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:23:01 PM by FeatherFang » Logged
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:00:33 PM »

You might want to consider contacting individuals in the Baltimore or Boston game orchestras. I think each of those groups has done String Quartet arrangements in the past and they may be willing to give you their arrangements for cheap or free.

Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:26:16 PM »

It's my final year being with a few friends and I want to be in a quartet with them. I've never been able to express how much I like music from video games, but I think this is an opportunity to show other people. So I'm looking for any video game related music sheets dealing with string quartets (pretty sure It's going to be two violins, a viola, and a cello). I usually like RPG soundtracks (No wonder I found this site lol) I am willing to buy the music sheets if someone can direct me somewhere to buy it.

My thanks.

Hrm....Would you be interested in this: Music from Arcanum

The soundtrack to Arcanum is dominantly string quartet music. This link will lead to both the full scores and parts. This is the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw string quartet music. I would suggest following the same advice as Ramza noted... but something like this requires someone with a good ear and transcription/orchestration skills to achieve something of better taste to the group.***

***I would recommend downloading midi files from vgmusic.com and placing them in Finale/Sibelius and tweaking around the notes and arranging it for a quartet. It's not that difficult and I know you will find something you'll like. :)

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
FeatherFang

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 10:37:01 PM »

I'll see what I can do! Thank You for the help!
Wild Armor
Observer
Contributing Editor

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 10:49:19 PM »

I'll see what I can do! Thank You for the help!

Yep, If there's anything else game music related for orchestral instruments, just post again in this thread or pm me and perhaps I'll be able to assist you further.

Also....for your transcription/listening pleasures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZNWsH_RN7s

EDIT: Also, what kind of music are you looking for? Adagio? Allegro? Dolce? POLKA?!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:15:51 PM by Wild Armor » Logged

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: