Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 08:39:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338348 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Your First Ebay Purchase...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Your First Ebay Purchase...  (Read 2064 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 09:43:53 AM »

Mine was Shining Force 3, Scenario 2. I haven't bought from eBay in a long, long time, simply because I've found more affordable routes with less hassle (ie: used game shops, Amazon, etc), but I used to quite a bit.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »

The biggest hassle is PayPal, whom are Satan incarnate.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 10:07:54 AM »

First thing I bought was a copy of the World of Synnibarr tabletop RPG. I had heard it was hilarious reading and couldn't find a copy anywhere locally. It has polar bears that shoot laser beams out of their eyes.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 08:03:54 PM »

The Japanese version of Vay. It was really really rare back then and when SegaCD emulation was fairly new. When I played it (and translated portions of it) it was awesome.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 10:09:28 PM »

Metal Gear Solid for $8. It was not phony and was complete.

What an awesome buy!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »

I got Langrisser IV and V from eBay in the late 90s (maybe 2000?), didn't get anything since.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 08:42:14 PM »

Mine was an Atari 2600, I remember the moment well since I couldn't wait to play Yars Revenge again
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 10:09:39 PM »

Oh. I did buy a copy of Wolf on eBay at some point before I was a junior in highschool, and a copy of Persona 1 when I was a freshman in highschool.

Also I had to pay for SMT2 with an IPMO. Which is funny because I go to the post office to get one to send to japan and the post dude is all like shit man they still make these?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 06:30:34 PM »

Suikoden Card Stories, back in like 2003. Still haven't beaten it but I was more concerned about adding it to my collection.

RPGMetalFan
Just a geek.

Game over, moonpie.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 01:24:57 PM »

Mine first, and to date, only eBay purchase was Metallica's Garage Days Re-Revisited CD. Garage Inc had already been out for a few years by then, so I already had the songs, but this was back in my rabid fanboy days, and it was one of those cool things that I really just HAD to have.

Cost me $45 bucks. Apart from a slight crease in the CD booklet, it was in pretty good condition. I think I bought it from some dude in Toronto.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »

Mine first, and to date, only eBay purchase was Metallica's Garage Days Re-Revisited CD. Garage Inc had already been out for a few years by then, so I already had the songs, but this was back in my rabid fanboy days, and it was one of those cool things that I really just HAD to have.

Cost me $45 bucks. Apart from a slight crease in the CD booklet, it was in pretty good condition. I think I bought it from some dude in Toronto.

You reminded me of the early days of my Metallica love when I was a youngun. My cousin had the original release of Kill 'em All with Breadfan on it. Before the days of the internet this was KILLER because that was impossible to find. I probably hit dozens of music shops trying to find a copy.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: