Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 01:11:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337829 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Resident Evil 6 Official US Trailer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil 6 Official US Trailer  (Read 3905 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 02:07:26 PM »

Resident Evil hasn't been scary since the first game anyway. Cheap hallway scares for the lose.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 02:42:09 PM »

The only time I'm scared in a game is when there's something chasing you that you have to escape or trap in a certain way, or in certain timed situations.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 03:05:11 PM »

The only time I'm scared in a game is when there's something chasing you that you have to escape or trap in a certain way, or in certain timed situations.

Oh man I'm the exact same!!

I can't even tell you how much I hated doing this part and this one too.  x(

The former for looking scawy... :(
The latter being a pretty much tight a time limit when I think about it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 06:51:21 PM »

Resident Evil hasn't been scary since the first game anyway. Cheap hallway scares for the lose.

To me, Resident Evil was never about being scary.  

What I enjoyed about the original Resident Evil titles, and Dino Crisis to some extent - but was muted in DC because of the ease of use of Tranquilizers, was that they kept you tense and you could not just shoot everything out of your path.  To do so would get you killed. Even though Resident Evil: Nemesis made killing enemies much easier by giving you the ability to make a ton of powerful ammunition right from the start, you were still kept on your nerves because the minute you thought you were safe, your stalker comes out to find you and, better yet, chases you.  It's also why the B game in RE2 was so great, other than the obvious expanded storyline, of course.  If RE6 somehow gives me the same "feel" as Nemesis I'd be fine.  Otherwise, I think the series drifts farther away from what I enjoyed in the first place.

I felt none of that tenseness in 4 and 5 discarded it all together.  Even Code: Veronica wasn't as particularly scary, though it did have some moments of creepiness, but it's still my favorite in the series.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 06:58:25 PM by Cyril » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 06:58:36 PM »

I see your point. While I'm cautiously optimistic (despite its flaws, I actually LIKED RE5), but the Revelations demo puts me more on the optimistic side than the cautious side.

Still, saying that the game looks no good based on one teaser trailer is silly, IMO.

Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 07:00:56 PM »

I agree, I don't think we've enough information to judge it yet. So I'm taking a "wait and see" approach. I might be pleasantly surprised.
Sise-Neg

Conquerer of the Cosmos

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 07:07:23 PM »

I'm not expecting this game to be scary, and I think anyone who does will be sorely disappointed. I just expect this game to be fun and provide the throwbacks to the classic Resident Evil games.

Silent Hill: Downpour is the game I'm getting for fear moments.

Admin of The Legaia Wiki: legaia.wikia.com

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 11:28:34 PM »

Oh shit son this forum is full badass people.

I thought that my heart was going to jump out of my throat when Nemesis appeared. Every single time that fucker founded a way to scare the shit out of me, and for that, I love RE3.

Also Jill was hot in that game. :3
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 12:03:52 AM »

"Scary" is totally subjective anyway. I never finished 4 (only a few spots of gameplay) but that creeped me out. I think it's early in the game when you have to defend a house against a buncha dudes? That was terror/ anxiety inducing.

Frankly I smell a bunch of tough guy internet vitriol here.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »

Well, looks like the hunt for Capcom's blood is over.  Their sacrificial offering has placated the internet.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »

Silent Hill did scary better. Resident Evil was more about the adrenaline and anxiety of having to fight off hordes rather than the slower, deep seated horror in games like Silent Hill.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 03:04:48 PM »

Thrills aren't scary. Nemesis jumping out a fucking window while you're walking down a hallway is a thrill, not a scare. A boulder triggering down a hill while you walk is a thrill. Now silent hill knew how to play on fear.  The whole environment was meant to frighten you. The white noise on the radio, the way enemies did things, pyramid head.....now that's fear inducing. Oh, and let's not forget the transition to hell...fucking freaky shit. Resident Evil keeps me entranced, I want to continue the story. Silent Hill on the other hand, I always was timid to advance further, always feared what would come next. However that made me want to advance further. I'll always play RE games for the fun of it, but silent hill is where to go for a truely frightening gaming experience.

TASTY!
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2012, 08:01:26 AM »

I like what I see. It gives me a RE2 vibe with the multiple characters and extra scenarios.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012, 07:27:07 PM »

After 4&5, I can't muster up any real enthusiasm for the new one.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2012, 08:16:37 PM »

It does look good, however, it strikes me as more of a Dead Space, gripping at times but it seldom made me jump or gave me "goosebumps"...Fatal Frame...hell yeah...that shit messed with me!

Everything's Eventual
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: