Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 02:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334822 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Magic the Gathering (card game)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Magic the Gathering (card game)  (Read 1749 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »

Net decks are one of the reasons that I really only played draft play when I was playing regularly.  Cheaper, more entertaining, and more fair.  I didn't (and still don't) have the cash available to blow on boxes and boxes of cards.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 11:54:44 PM »

I'm a fan of the MTG based RPG that microprose made in the 90s. Based on the Darklands engine iirc.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »

I used to play MTG hardcore. Got quite a few dual lands and moxes still. I basically stopped when video games started getting better and better.

Diablo 2 made me quit pretty much all other 'hobbies,' and then Morrowind came a long. But I was pretty hardcore into MTG for a while, even went to some tourneys.

As you can see my avatar is a Royal Assassian. =)

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 02:17:29 PM »

I used to play MTG when I was in high school. Later on I started playing Vampire: The Eternal Struggle card game. I enjoyed that a lot more. It was complicated, but didn't seem focused on "he who has the most money wins"

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 12:04:02 AM »

"he who has the most money wins"

It was really unfortunate that it was a buyer's game.

I only have two real solid Magic decks: a green one with some big beasties and lots of life to recover, and a red/black one that has some nasty combos and such. My decks are mostly set in the Stronghold, Weatherlight, etc storyline. I really liked it, but as soon as I just started getting into it, Decipher released the Star Wars TCG that I got into hardcore for a while with a few friends. I have about 8 or 9 decks.
But then, Wizards of the Coast released their Battletech TCG and that was it for me, I was hooked into it and again, have about 12 decks worth of cards. I love the game, have been teaching a few of my friends to get into it lately, and it's rad. It has some Magic overtones, but with more strategy involved.
Lastly, on this subject, my DM in my 3.5 campaign busted out his Spellfire cards and we build random decks each time and play together on the odd night. It's a fun game, though brings out the worst in them haha. Not as pretty as Magic or Battletech (that being the game's failing), but still has an interesting element of strategy that we all dig.

Just Greg, thanks.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »

Drafts, especially for releases, are super fun. Last time I played in one was about two years back. I forgot here I placed, but I won a few free packs and pulled like $70 worth of rares before giving them to my friends.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: