Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:43:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319718 Posts in 13046 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  How long do you play/?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How long do you play/?  (Read 933 times)
CrowlevelEight

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2012, 10:07:52 AM »

how long do you play a rpg?? what was the longest time you played?? Just wondering really.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »

It certainly depends to the enjoyment one can have from the game!
In a single playthrough, I can remember going for more than 100 hours in FFX, FFXIII and Resonance of Fate. I may be forgetting a few SRPGs but even doing everything I wouldn't say older games were shorter but they certainly had some easier ways to get money, XP or items that would destroy the game fast.

In FFVII the Knights of the Round materia for example made everything else obsolete. After getting it, with the exception of the Ruby and Emerald weapons everything else is a cakewalk.

My point is that for me, it normally comes down to how fast I can do the optional stuf. If I want to go further, I have to set personal goes like, maxing all skills, getting all magic, items, leveling everyone to max level or something of the sort.

Honestly, I have a friend, who isn't much a fan of RPGs, and it starting to become one after playing (believe it or not) FFXIII. The thing is he was always scared of how much time the game could take. I say that as long as it's fun it is worth playing.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »

Redundant topic, but hokay.

Since it also asks how long have I sat down with one, well it wasn't an RPG.  I think I played Sonic Adventure when it first came out about 12 hours straight.  Me eyes were red and it hurt every time I closed my eyes to sleep.  Fun game.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 12:19:36 AM »

I will pretend you mean how much total time and not per sitting, to differentiate from an existing topic.

I usually quit playing a game after I hit the 10 hour mark, though if I really like it I'll hit the 20 hour mark, and if I don't like it at all I'll probably finish it, like Xenogears.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

RPGMetalFan
Just a geek.

Game over, moonpie.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 05:44:48 AM »

It depends on the game. If I'm with the right group of people, I will play Rock Band for anywhere from 4 to 6 hours. A D&D game with the right group of friends will last however long as it needs to (the record for one of my D&D gaming sessions is about 36 hours....and no, I'm not kidding).

Sitting in front of a TV or computer screen? Christ. I'm lucky if I last three hours these days. And it has nothing to do with the quality of the game. Mostly, I think it has to do with the fact that I'm 30, and I have other things I'm interested in doing. If you'd have asked this question a decade ago, you'd have gotten a far different answer.
MacGyver

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 11:02:35 AM »

If I really like a game, and I have the time, I'll play it all day, minus breaks to use the bathroom and/or get something to eat/drink.

As far as total time goes, I put in about 160 hours into Final Fantasy XII, but that doesn't include the hours I lost when my party was killed before I was able to save.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 12:11:27 PM »

These days, probably 30 mins to 1 hour, though I can go up to 4-5 hours if the game is sucking me in. Life's just getting busier and I also have other hobbies, so I can't play as much as I used to.

Most time I put into a game? Roughly 200 hours into Tales of Symphonia, but that was multiple playthroughs. In one game, I believe I had around 110 hours on my Pokemon Gold cartridge back when I was in 5th grade.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 12:11:45 PM »

Average game time is 30-60 minutes. I play my games to completion, finish 1-2 per year. I've dumped 300 hours into a single Pokemon title.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 12:22:55 PM »

I've dumped 300 hours into a single Pokemon title.

Give your avatar and the little blurb below it, I had a giggle from this. x)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 12:54:08 PM »

I will pretend you mean how much total time and not per sitting, to differentiate from an existing topic.

As will I, mostly to save myself from saying the same thing over again.

I usually quit a game after a few hours unless I'm really into it, and even then, I usually quit after the 40 or 50 hour mark, unless it's a non-RPG, in which case I quit before the 20 hour mark. The first one really annoys me, but I've come to justify it as me simply trying the game out so I'll know if it's any good once I decide to give it a proper go (which almost never happens).

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: