Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 05:38:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340860 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Next 10 years of Mega Man being discussed by "Top Men" at Capcom
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Next 10 years of Mega Man being discussed by "Top Men" at Capcom  (Read 16862 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2012, 02:09:01 PM »

Source: The Mega Man Network

Top... Men?
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:53:27 PM »

WHY, INAFUNE!?!? 
WWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 03:23:16 PM »

This was the exact same response to the statement that I had (except picturing Megaman inside of the crate).

The next of course was picturing a bunch of Top Mans getting together in a room (or on a soccer team) and having a meeting, discussing power point slides, and spilling coffee all over the place as they Top Spin'd round round right round.

But as funny as the latter is, we all know that the former is exactly what's going to happen. They'll stuff the franchise in a crate, cart it off into the middle of some unknown warehouse filled with other lost relics, and never be seen again aside from the occasional cameo or two in later movies. And in actuality, I hope for this, rather than getting crap like that mobile port of MMX or an MM equivalent of Bomberman Zero.

And of course they're going to blame the fans for this as well. Fuck Crapcom!

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 04:58:47 PM »

The only thing I kinda dislike about Capcom this generation is how hard can be to get into their fighting games thanks to the hardcoreness of that community is and how they manage DLC.

Other thing that really annoyed me at the time was they not localizing Miles Edgeworth 2. Even if I have never been a fan of that series very much I still thought it was a pretty shitty move from them, and I genuinely feel sorry for the fans at that moment.

Is nothing new seeing Capcom killing their franchises, heck, today they have a rather long list of series that only makes cameos in their fighting games with any luck. I agree though that killing Mega Man is a bit too much.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:08:44 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 05:19:12 PM »

The only thing I kinda dislike about Capcom this generation is how hard it can be to get into their fighting games thanks to the hardcoreness of that community is and how they manage DLC.

Capcom can't really help it.  If they don't make a game that's accessible, but still really deep so the hardcore can sink their teeth into, it won't be played much.  SFxTekken should help make things more accessible but overall yeah.  It's tough to compete against people who have read how to take advantage of things that no one else would know about unless they looked into it (see: MvC3 DHC glitch). 

I'll always be under the assumption that Capcom hates/ignores Mega Man until proven otherwise.  I thought for sure he would be in Ultimate MvC3 as DLC, but looks like that may be no.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »

Capcom used to be my favorite game company... they're reaallly lost their way.  The took whatever charm they had and traded it for a money-machine.

I'm worried about the series' that have been killed off.  Really, the only faith I have in them is whatever portable releases they do.

EDIT:
Oh...my god....
http://andriasang.com/comzsa/ (article)
http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/saikyo_blog/2012/01/27_6856.html (art)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 08:46:07 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »

But as funny as the latter is, we all know that the former is exactly what's going to happen. They'll stuff the franchise in a crate, cart it off into the middle of some unknown warehouse filled with other lost relics, and never be seen again aside from the occasional cameo or two in later movies. And in actuality, I hope for this, rather than getting crap like that mobile port of MMX or an MM equivalent of Bomberman Zero.

Or apparently crap like this (I really want to say that this is hilariously awesome but somehow this almost feels like it just loops right back around to insulting again; don't know why; maybe it has something to do with Pac Man getting to keep his appearance).

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »

They are literally making fun of Mega Man fans now... *sigh* why the hell doesn't Capcom give the franchise to Inti Creates anyway? I mean, they were the only ones making great games (and music) in the 2000s with the series.

Nowaways they are making awfully awesome games like Gal*Gun (this is their website -- http://www.inti.co.jp/).

Edit: I forgot that Ono is woking in SFxT, he sure loves to troll.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:48:29 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:28:52 PM »

Am I the only one who finds this exceptionally hilarious?

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Bill

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 12:47:16 PM »

Not being a fan of Megaman, I found it hilarious. He's clearly poking fun at western fans, who've been badgering them about their handling of the franchise and character (MML3, MvC3, etc.).

Other thing that really annoyed me at the time was they not localizing Miles Edgeworth 2. Even if I have never been a fan of that series very much I still thought it was a pretty shitty move from them, and I genuinely feel sorry for the fans at that moment.

While I love the Phoenix Wright trilogy, I thought the first Miles Edgeworth was exceptionally poor (an example of Capcom milking their IPs without the conditions in place for a great game). Nevertheless, I agree that the decision was very disappointing for those looking forward to a continuation.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 12:53:57 PM »

Am I the only one who finds this exceptionally hilarious?

After all the the bad moves that Capcom has done over the last 3 years or so this is all honesty kinda hard to find hilarious (at least to me).

I have nothing against Capcom but this type of decisions only confuse and annoy gamers and screwing around with your audience is not particulary a nice thing to do in my opinion.

Worse part is that this actitude is not going to change any time soon, but I would really like to be proven otherwise.
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 01:47:35 PM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/26/yoshinori-ono-consulted-with-mr-mega-man-about-bad-box-art-mega-man/

Okay, now I'm feeling it seeing as this isn't just BBA MM but also MML's MM in disguise (that or he really let himself go). It kinda fits in a game with half a cast that have descended into such parody as this.

I still wouldn't go so far as to say it's awesome, but it doesn't feel like such a veiled jab anymore either.

Edit: Well unless you intend on playing this on a 360 in which case it still is.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 01:57:08 PM by Aeolus » Logged

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »

Or apparently crap like this (I really want to say that this is hilariously awesome but somehow this almost feels like it just loops right back around to insulting again; don't know why; maybe it has something to do with Pac Man getting to keep his appearance).

Considering he was highly requested for their Marvel series but not implemented, most are probably leaning towards insulting.  Kinda funny though, don't know what the fuck they're thinking.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »

Considering he was highly requested for their Marvel series but not implemented, most are probably leaning towards insulting.  Kinda funny though, don't know what the fuck they're thinking.

Upon further thought it really does seem like an insult considering that he not only references that never to be made MML3 but also that never to be made MM Universe game. The fact that he's a fat fuck cosplayer and not like either any of the other BBA MMs or DR's Frank West in a MM get up makes me feel like he's supposed to be what Capcom thinks of MM fans or of the franchise in general. Like they are basically saying "Hey remember all those games that we MegaCanned at the first available opportunity and you guys created a big stink over in response? Well here you go. Ahahahahahahahahaha!!! Aren't we funny! Also screw you non PS3/Vita owners. Nobody (in Japan) likes the 360. Nobody."

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2012, 08:31:45 PM »

Yoshinori Ono remembers a great day

I'll just leave this here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: