Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:26:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319584 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Next 10 years of Mega Man being discussed by "Top Men" at Capcom
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Next 10 years of Mega Man being discussed by "Top Men" at Capcom  (Read 12642 times)
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2012, 10:19:07 PM »

I don't think it was ever properly established who the bad guys were most of the time. It's been a while since I've seen it all, though. Some of them were definitely humans, though, I remember that.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2012, 02:52:44 AM »

Actually it's Big O, which is basically Japanese Batman (he's a billionaire who has a butler and a ward, the only difference is that instead of fighting crime with peak human abilities, he fights aliens with a giant robot).

Was it aliens? I thought it was giant robot piloted by human versus giant robot piloted by human most of the time.

Yeah, it's been a while since I've seen Big O but I don't remember any aliens...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 02:16:09 AM »

Rockman Online is likely cancelled, according to artist -- Source: The Mega Man Network

"After concerns about the fate of Rockman Online after NeoWiz announced internal restructuring, the game's lead artist Kang Dong Hwa, aka Cantio75, has admitted that the project he was on was dropped (without mentioning Online specifically) on his blog."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:38:11 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 06:17:44 AM »

Sad to hear people getting laid off from work.

Never really cared about this game though. The video that was shown of it back when Legends 3 and Universe were still on the drawing board looked kinda weak.

Meanwhile....

Here's a game that I actually want to see get megacanned. Seriously, why is Soma Cruz a Megaman now?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 04:46:25 PM »

It looks like a spin off to the original MMX, a weird side-story/prequel, or DLC; all for the phone version of the game. I'm pretty darn sure that's Storm Eagle in panels 2 and 3 on the right. :-\ Either way...the hell?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2012, 05:43:44 PM »

MMX sounds pretty accurate, the bottom right panel has the third sigma stage boss.

God this game looks so stupid.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »

I actually kinda like the Soma Cruz fur.  Maybe would have been cool if his armor changed to that for like the fucken ice robot boss or whatever.

Is gaming on the phone that good??  I tried it once, unless it was tapping-controls, I hated having an "on screen D-pad".

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 03:28:21 AM »

The design itself isn't really bad per say. I'm more wondering why the heck we need an MMX spin off on the cell phones for crying out loud. Who asked for this? Who provided the market for Capcom to go "This will sell!"?
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2012, 04:51:32 AM »

They could've put something like Maverick Hunter X2 on iOS and it would sell like fucking hotcakes, and they go with this?

I am a sad panda.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2012, 05:03:39 AM »

That would require any sort of intelligence or competence or something beyond bare naked greed to come up with something like that.

It looks like a spin off to the original MMX, a weird side-story/prequel, or DLC; all for the phone version of the game. I'm pretty darn sure that's Storm Eagle in panels 2 and 3 on the right. :-\ Either way...the hell?

It's much more 'reusing art assets while only making one or two new designs period so that we can sell under a dead brand for the moniez' than anything else.

Yes, that's Storm Eagle. Yes, you get to fight him. No, it will be as a touchscreen driven RPG instead of action/platformer. No, there will be no platforming whatsoever. No, this game will not be better than even a Newgrounds flash game.

Based on those screen shots, your options at any given time will be A) Shoot and B) Defensive Maneuver with the occasional C) Special Attack.

If I haven't said it enough yet, Crapcom can go fuck itself in Hell with this Piece of Shit.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2012, 05:16:09 AM »

They could've put something like Maverick Hunter X2 on iOS and it would sell like fucking hotcakes, and they go with this?

I am a sad panda.

As far as I know, Maverick Hunter X2 was suppose to happen but didn't (and probably never will at this point) because along with Mega Man Powered Up for PSP didn't do well in terms of sales for Capcom.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2012, 07:07:02 AM »

Pretty sure the precise reason MHX didn't keep going was precisely because that first game bombed financially.

But yeah, this X-Over thing looks stupid as all hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OgKFdtk4_0

Talk about a trailer with 0 effort put in.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2012, 09:13:37 AM »

Pretty sure the precise reason MHX didn't keep going was precisely because that first game bombed financially.

But yeah, this X-Over thing looks stupid as all hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OgKFdtk4_0

Talk about a trailer with 0 effort put in.

It's even worse.... http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/21/mega-man-xover-is-mega-man-on-a-conveyor-belt/

This is EXACTLY how I expected this to play out as, the VERY moment I saw the first screenshot. I am neither surprised or amused.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2012, 11:51:48 AM »

I am not pleased by this. They better put X in the next Dragon's Dogma to sooth my rage.

TASTY!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2012, 02:04:14 PM »

In other news is said that Lost Planet E.X. is a lot like Mega Man Legends and Capcom doesn't have plans to release it outside of Japan.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: