Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:38:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334540 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Need advice on PS2 purchase real quick!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Need advice on PS2 purchase real quick!  (Read 1476 times)
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 04:35:52 PM »

Guys, thank you soooo much for your advice....

Based on all of it I jumped on the dot hack GU. series, Valkryie Profile 2, Mana Khemia (both 1 and 2), Rogue Galaxy and Sakura Wars (only NIS title I didn't already have)..... They had Dark Cloud 2 there as well.... but the bill was already getting pricy..... I feel like I need to compulsively run back and get it though.... ahhhhhhh damn!! if only I could control my compulsion to collect games.....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »

How much was Dark Cloud 2?  If you like the idea of Dark Cloud 2 (check out our review), then definitely considering buying it.  The story was light-hearted but fun and gameplay was great.  I really enjoyed playing it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Klyde Chroma
Lvl. 7 Fruity Ninja and Dincrest groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 02:46:48 PM »

How much was Dark Cloud 2?  If you like the idea of Dark Cloud 2 (check out our review), then definitely considering buying it.  The story was light-hearted but fun and gameplay was great.  I really enjoyed playing it.

I ran back to the store to get dark cloud 2, the first quadrilogy of dot hack and Romancing Saga.... unfortunately the Dark Cloud 2 disc was ruined..... they apologized but wouldn't let me buy it.... I'm bummed.... Game appears to be a real gem.... looks like I'll be Amazon'in that one... Thanks for the advice Akanbe... I would have never looked into this one otherwise, as the first Dark Cloud and Level 5 in general proved dissapointing to me in the past.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 05:21:46 PM »

Yeah, Dark Cloud 1 was a disappointment to me too.  Dark Cloud 2 takes upon the first and improves upon the original.  No more giant party, just two characters that each have their strengths and can be used interchangeably. World building is much better this time around and, iirc, you get bonuses for granting villagers requests while building (ie: I'd like to live around trees).  A used copy of DC2 on Ebay and Amazon goes for $18-20+ shipping so I guess that's not too bad.  I might have to replay this one myself after all this talking.

Glad I could help.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: