Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 05:13:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329776 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  headphones
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: headphones  (Read 3836 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 01:42:48 AM »

Yoda, You probably need an audio out adapter http://farm1.static.flickr.com/167/437164494_d76f429815.jpg

Also, the vga cables have this, or even your tv

I'm a dolt. Yeah both my TEEVs have optical out.

Me with my new headset, getting ready to play some co-op games.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 12:40:06 PM »

So I picked up the DPX21 EARFORCE FROM TURTLE BEACH

Man I feel like a dork typing all that.

I went with a wired model b/c I didn't want to be bothered w/ charging batteries, interference, or paying $100 extra.

Sound: Very good. When there's no sound in game or chat it sounds like there's a low level of background noise, but that just might be the power going through. I haven't really played an 1p games w/ the game sound cranked yet. Probably do that w/ ME3. I use this mainly for co-op and it works damn well.

Since it's wired I'll do a quick rundown of the HUGE mess of wires going on. From the ps3 there's an optical cable and a USB power that goes to the dolby signal amp. Those cables are a decent length to set anywhere on your tv stand. From that little amp guy two more cables go to a controller that sits by you or can be clipped to your call of duty boxers for comfort and style. This has chat and game volume control and mute for the mic. The cables from the amp to the volume clip on thing are very long. I sit about 5' or so away from the TV and I have a bunch of the cable still tied up. From the volume thing there's one cable to the headset.

The headset is comfy and the microphone is easy to adjust. It also seems very sensitive so you can adjust it away from the mouth so you don't sound like a mouthbreathing creep.

My only gripe is that the master volume knob is on the amp that sits near the tv. Wish it was on the little box that sits by you. Also, it looks like an HR Geiger wet dream is sleeping next to my PS3 with all the cables and shit.

Worth the 150 I say.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 09:43:01 PM »

Congrats on your purchase yoda, I'm a little surprised that TB didn't keep the Master vol on the left ear piece?. My only complaint on my TB's is hearing COD players smoking bongs between rounds, it sounds like some real life pr0n going on.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: