Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 02:20:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331798 Posts in 13585 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  When did you get into gaming?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: When did you get into gaming?  (Read 1902 times)
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 11:21:06 AM »

Pretty much my entire life. My dad had an NES and I played Zelda, Mario 3, Duck Hunt, etc. I still have it, and it works, too.

It wasn't until FFVII that I got into RPGs. I went crazy with it for a few years, and had a pretty large collection of games. I sold it all a few years ago and now I play handhelds exclusively. However, now that I have an iPad, I may invest in Secret of Mana and Vay.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 05:42:21 PM »

The first game I got hooked on was Kung Fu for the NES. Then soon after that the shiny gold Legend of Zelda came a long, team that with Metriod and I was an addict.

I had an Atari 2600 and an Intelevision with games like Snafu and Pitfall but, can't say I was really playing video games back at that point. I never actively waited for new games to come out or anything like that.

I actually quit for about four years or so because I moved to Japan and just did other things like pick up, go out drinking more, study Japanese than Skyrim came a long and it was a must play ... Others I missed throughout the years followed... Red Dead Redemption, demons souls and dark souls, fallout 3 and New Vegas ...

I missed so much that I have so much to play now. Thinking about trying Dragon Age Origins but, I dunno... I'm not a big fan of cut scenes and I hear Bioware loves em'

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 09:49:37 PM »

My parents had Pong. Then around maybe 4-5 I remember playing adventure! on the atari 2600. I didn't really get into games until I spied a NES at a friend's house. We begged  my dad for one and got it. I was around 6 or 7.

Several years later I got into RPGs around the SNES era when I went to a local blockbuster and everything worthy was rented. I was really pissed off. I remember thinking that I needed to rent something and saw a game called Final Fantasy II (aka Final Fantasy IV). I fell in love with it. The rest is history. :)

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »

First game ever was Astrosmash on the Intellivision when I was like, 2.  Ultima IV on the C64 was my first RPG.  Played lots of SSI Goldbox RPGs and other Ultima games, lots of Sid Meier games, and various simulations on the PC until I got a Sega Genesis in 1993 and got some serious time on console games instead of the occasional 'bout of Mario on a friend's NES.  Then I saw this in an issue of EGM:

http://synbios.net/site/2012/02/06/phantasy-star-iv-egm-scans/

...and I became interested in my first console RPG.  Upon playing it, I've been a console RPG fan ever since.  Well, less so these days but, you know.
Zadok83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 01:49:58 PM »

I remember playing Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 at about 5 years old.  I'd go to my uncle's house and play Mario/Duck Hunt, Tecmo Bowl, Ninja Gaiden, Double Dragon, Metroid, Blaster Master, and the Guardian Legend (still one of my favorite games to this day).  A year or so later, I was introduced to RPGs with Dragon Warrior and it totally blew my mind.  On top of that, my mom got me a NES for Christmas. Then came Final Fantasy 1, Wizardry, Battle of Olympus, Faxanadu, Destiny of an Emperor, and Crystalis.  I also started playing strategy games around this time too, such as Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Gemfire, Nobunaga's Ambition, and Genghis Khan.

The Nintendo-hard era was truly awesome!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:15:23 PM by Zadok83 » Logged
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2012, 03:23:20 PM »

He-Man for the intellivision

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: