Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 06:13:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334702 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Do you keep your games or trade after finishing them?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Do you keep your games or trade after finishing them?  (Read 3731 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »

I collect games and I regret selling the very few that I have sold.

Yeah, I kinda regret dumping some of my games. Except for the two I mentioned, I got full value back as a result of Amazon's $20 credit (nevermind other deals) and can replace them for stupidly cheap: it was actually REALLY tempting to do so with Metroid when BestBuy sold it for $5.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 12:36:24 AM »

I sell em. I'm not concerned with product value or attachment. While I do enjoy playing video games, they hold little value outside of their entertainment medium other than the story and music within. If I really liked a soundtrack or story, I'll keep the game, but that's a blue moon occurrence. There's 3 games I own I wouldn't sell because of simply enjoying the soundtrack and don't want to throw down $60 for the ost.

But you could probably guess that I sold my video games by lurking in The Bazaar.

Now that I think about it, some attachments I have for games are because I love the soundtrack so much, not because I'd play the game again.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 12:12:01 PM »

I'm a collector at heart so I keep (almost, I sold Odin Sphere and gave away Legend of Kay) every game. I rationalize it by saying hey ya never know, one day I may want to play it again. And of course my son and I are always trading games back and forth.

Everything's Eventual
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 09:18:11 PM »

I keep most, but once in a while I'll go through and sell a few. Eusis, now that you mention it, I should sell Metroid: Other M... that was a dissapointing game, but I doubt I'll get much for it. Games I don't like, I sell. But I find some value in most of the games I play. I sold Dragon Age though, along with some others. I'll probably sell New Vegas. There's a number I will probably never play again, it's probably time I went through and weeded things out.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 10:54:13 PM »

I keep most, but once in a while I'll go through and sell a few. Eusis, now that you mention it, I should sell Metroid: Other M... that was a dissapointing game, but I doubt I'll get much for it. Games I don't like, I sell.

NOW would be when I'd simply not bother. I have every other Metroid game, and it'd get me pennies if they even took it in. Unless I just wanted to clear space more than anything else I wouldn't seriously consider it, I'd need at least $10 or something.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 11:18:20 PM »

I keep games I think I have a possibility of wanting to play again (ie - I finished them, enjoyed them) OR I think my husband might like to play. If I didn't like the game or only finished it to get it over with, then I don't see the point in holding onto it - I'll clear it out and save a couple of bucks on my next purchase.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 06:32:59 PM »

I sell.

The only game I have never sold is Diablo 2. To this day no game has addicted me more. No other game seems to have randomized drops in quite the same way.

Once in a while I regret selling a game, but, that's rare. My one regret that stands out is selling Dark Souls. It may be the first game I re-buy. But, there's no rush, so much to play right now, I have a list...

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 09:11:31 PM »

Collector here. I virtually don't sell anything ever, and essentially horde everything. I kind of take a strange sense of pride on having a huge library of games, and splurge money to fuel it, but not too recklessly, and still catered to my own tastes mostly. Heck, if I see a bad game that is real cheap (5 bucks or less perhaps), I would probably get it anyways, and maybe not even hate it. I have that tendency to genuinely like stuff that everyone else seems to dislike in my perspective. I'm probably just crazy that way.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 01:08:15 AM »

If I could stop the used game trade(At least as far as major retailers go) I would. It makes it hard to find things that aren't your pokemons or your call of duty's because they keep intentionally low stock.

But since I can't do that I'll gladly take a piece of the pie. I'll keep a great game. A average or below average game, or one that simply doesn't have replay is getting traded. I think it's ridiculous that they can charge near new prices for used, but since they do that means they usually pay pretty well.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 01:18:07 AM »

If I could stop the used game trade(At least as far as major retailers go) I would. It makes it hard to find things that aren't your pokemons or your call of duty's because they keep intentionally low stock.

I'd come half way and stop them for the first month or two. After that it's less of an issue, and years down the road it ends up being more of a con as games that wouldn't be TOO rare become a pain in the ass to find.

I guess more ideally we would keep our used game center (Funcoland) separate from our new game center (EB/Babbages), but I guess the latter couldn't stay in business with how the market operates.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 10:52:06 PM »

I guess more ideally we would keep our used game center (Funcoland) separate from our new game center (EB/Babbages), but I guess the latter couldn't stay in business with how the market operates.

Funcoland

:(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2012, 07:30:26 PM »

At least if you hated Funcoland you had the choice of going to Electronics Boutique or Babbage's/Software Etc/whatever else they called themselves, rather than having them grafted on but with less of a collector's mentality applied. Unless you meant you MISSED Funcoland, which... well, my original point roughly stands, we had choice that's mostly gone from the physical retail space now.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 09:04:20 AM »

I've sold stuff here in Japan on Craigslist. It usually sells fast for the price I want cause the English versions are hard to find. Only a few import shops have them here.

I love to buy used on Amazon to with the cheap Ameican dollar and sell for yen. Gonna go for some Dragon Age Origins soon, I see some under 10 bucks now.

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »

I meant I missed Funcoland.

Also I have an overwhelming urge to buy a Dreamcast now.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2012, 08:07:04 PM »

Depends on how much I like them, but usually I end up selling them. I rarely play a game after I'm done with it, and there's no point in keeping something I'll never use again.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: