Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 09:29:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319241 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Brush and Quill
| | |-+  Paulo Coelho calls on readers to pirate books
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Paulo Coelho calls on readers to pirate books  (Read 1262 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:45:04 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/feb/01/paulo-coelho-readers-pirate-books?CMP=twt_gu

Multimillion-selling author links with Pirate Bay, saying 'the more people "pirate" a book, the better'

"Welcome," said Coelho, "to download my books for free and, if you enjoy them, buy a hard copy the way we have to tell to the industry that greed leads to nowhere."

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »

"Hey, authors the world over. I made it big with a major publishing company; so screw the rest of you all!"

He's basically flipping everyone else the bird seeing as how smaller companies are relying on E-book sales for a myriad of things. From making a small profit to pay for editorial costs prior to a hard copy print from testing the market waters and seeing what needs revised and why (much like film screening to a test audience).

If people literally do nothing but pirate E-books all the 'little guys' in the market are going to tank nose first; leaving us with an elitist selection of books that only the 'best in the industry' think deserve to be published.

Keep in mind the 'best in the industry' all reside in New York and California; and these are the sub-cultures that thought 'The Naked Cowboy' and 'Michael Bay presents Transformers' were good ideas respectively. XP
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 03:27:16 PM »

No, they won't. We always hear about the little guy getting fucked the most, but people are going to continue writing and getting published.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: