Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 02:01:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334433 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy VII 15th Anniversary, Thread of "It has been that long?"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII 15th Anniversary, Thread of "It has been that long?"  (Read 10645 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2012, 09:29:40 PM »

After watching that video, my next question is ready.

If Aeris was paralyzed from the chest down, why didn't Cloud or anyone else just cast esuna or use a remedy on her. Both cure paralysis, so this whole fucking shit could have been averted. Goddamnit square, plot holes abound. Also relevant, where was auto life?

TASTY!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2012, 01:19:08 AM »

If Aeris was paralyzed from the chest down, why didn't Cloud or anyone else just cast esuna or use a remedy on her. Both cure paralysis, so this whole fucking shit could have been averted. Goddamnit square, plot holes abound. Also relevant, where was auto life?

Different kinds of paralysis. The one commonly alluded to in video games is the kind of paralysis that comes from an overload of the nervous system like getting tased whereas you're referring to actual damage to the nerves. A regular cure spell would work if healing magic wasn't completely ineffectual against dramatic wounds.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2012, 01:42:43 AM »

Different kinds of paralysis. The one commonly alluded to in video games is the kind of paralysis that comes from an overload of the nervous system like getting tased whereas you're referring to actual damage to the nerves. A regular cure spell would work if healing magic wasn't completely ineffectual against dramatic wounds.
I call bullshit on your theory, esuna cures any status ailment, from a common cold to a broken bone. Hell it can cure being frozen and on fire (in other games). Paralysis is paralysis, how it happened doesn't matter. Henceforth, shenanigans to your theory.

TASTY!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2012, 11:07:13 AM »

I call bullshit on your theory, esuna cures any status ailment, from a common cold to a broken bone. Hell it can cure being frozen and on fire (in other games). Paralysis is paralysis, how it happened doesn't matter. Henceforth, shenanigans to your theory.

Sure. And I bet Esuna can cure eradication/zombification/stop/death as well, can't it?

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2012, 11:20:18 AM »

Not fair, cuz now we end up back at square one, why didn't anyone just fucking cast goddamn life 2 on her?

TASTY!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »

Not fair, cuz now we end up back at square one, why didn't anyone just fucking cast goddamn life 2 on her?

Because there is president in the FF universe for spells not being the cure-all for traumatic/dramatic injury?
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2012, 12:28:35 PM »

I'd like to also point out that the characters do not "die" in battle. Their official status is "K.O.".
So they are only unconscious.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2012, 01:54:21 PM »

...and that's when Aeris tried to dress up Cloud like a prostitute. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2012, 05:03:06 PM »

I'd like to also point out that the characters do not "die" in battle. Their official status is "K.O.".

^^

I didn't vote for it.

</ass>

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Mym

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »

Of course this begs the question of why someone dies instantaneously from a blade, but manages to only be knocked out by Emerald Weapon falling on top of them. GUYS THESE ARE CLEARLY PLOTHOLES.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2012, 05:35:43 PM »

Of course this begs the question of why someone dies instantaneously from a blade, but manages to only be knocked out by Emerald Weapon falling on top of them. GUYS THESE ARE CLEARLY PLOTHOLES.

Emerald weapon is a tsundere. He pretends to be all cold and mean, but deep down he really loves you.

(Someone needs to draw this for the awesome)
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2012, 05:57:11 PM »

The best part of FF7 was deciding whether to dress cloud as a 2-bit whore or a high-class call girl.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »

RPG plots are all bullshit.

TASTY!
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »

The best part of FF7 was deciding whether to dress cloud as a 2-bit whore or a high-class call girl.

jRPG "choices" > wRPG ones?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2012, 01:03:10 AM »

Really? That's when your suspension of disbelief is shot to hell? Not when your guys are getting shot to hell by the weakest grunts in the game? When they don't even have the excuse of high levels and awesome materia/equips? And they aren't even taking enough damage to warrant blowing a potion's worth of healing on?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: