Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 02:32:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340874 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Tri-Ace RPG, Infinite Undiscovery
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: New Tri-Ace RPG, Infinite Undiscovery  (Read 6203 times)
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 09:53:46 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Alisha"
i can echo what just about everyone else said
tri ace = yes
xbox360 = no

Just about everyone else = two people who expressed disappointment?
I'm one of those two people, since I'm ecstatic to see more RPGs come to 360.  The biggest reason as to why I liked PS2 so much more, compared to Xbox last gen, was because it lacked RPGs.  If Xbox 360 gets enough RPGs (such as this one, Mistwalker games, etc.), it will definitely be worth owning for RPG gamers.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 11:54:09 AM »

Quote from: "Mana Knight"
tri ace = yes
xbox360 = no

I'm one of those two people, since I'm ecstatic to see more RPGs come to 360.  The biggest reason as to why I liked PS2 so much more, compared to Xbox last gen, was because it lacked RPGs.  If Xbox 360 gets enough RPGs (such as this one, Mistwalker games, etc.), it will definitely be worth owning for RPG gamers.

Did you even read what Eusis wrote? Re-read it and then look at what you wrote.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2006, 04:08:17 PM »

You liked the PS2 because it lacked RPG's?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2006, 04:10:57 PM »

Quote from: "Merkava"
You liked the PS2 because it lacked RPG's?

I'm starting to think this guy lives in Bizarro world. :P
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2006, 04:48:02 PM »

tri ace = yes
xbox360 = no

I would be, except I'm not sure how much effort they'd put into making a xbox game.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2006, 07:08:10 PM »

Interesting point, but it's not like they were really forced into making an XBOX game. I'm sure they wouldn't dump a load of money like they seem to be doing if they think the game won't sell.
Fate Linegod

yandy_zer0
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2006, 08:12:37 PM »

If this would be an awesome game, I'll think about it again to grab a X360.

"We're anything but Normal"
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2006, 12:39:12 PM »

I'm ashamed to see all the people disappointed in this being an X360 title. Healthy competition among the consoles usually leads to higher quality games for us (not to mention a possible reduction in prices...though that's less likely now...). Last time around, Sony was DOMINATING the RPG market (check our reviews section for proof). A fair balance of RPGs on PS3 and Xbox 360 could be a really good thing, though it would mean owning both consoles if you're fans of all these games...

As for me, I'm nearly finished Enchanted Arms, and regardless of all the bad press it received, I really enjoyed it. Certainly not a flawless game, but it's plenty of good wholesome turn-based fun.

Ramza

Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2006, 10:10:56 PM »

I'm surprised to see all the X-Box 360 hate as well.  Yeah, I know that the PS2 was the place to be for RPGs this past generation and the X-Box failed in this area, but the times are changing.   As someone who just bought an X-Box 360 a couple weeks ago, I'm loving my new system and looking forward to many upcoming titles.  Enchant Arms is a quality RPG and there's more on the way.  Just to name a few - Bioshock (System Shock 2 sequel, won IGN's best game of E3 '06), Phantasy Star Universe, Mass Effect (science fiction RPG by Bioware), Blue Dragon, Trusty Bell (the Chopin RPG - the one screenshot I've seen of it has gorgeous cel shading), Magna Carta 2, Spectral Force 3: Innocent Rage (already out in Asia, I was tempted to pick it up, looks like a good S/RPG), and more.  Oh and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is scheduled to be available for download on X-Box Live Arcade early next year.  Need I say more?

From what I've heard, the PS3 isn't substantially more powerful than the X-Box 360, but it is noticeably harder to develop for.  Since I have no interest in Blue Ray, the PS3 hardware holds no enticement for me.  $600 for the system alone?  That's crazy talk.  Yeah, I personally ended up spending around $600 when I decided to buy an X-Box 360 but I got an...

X-Box 360
Wireless Controller Battery Recharger
2nd rechargeable battery
Enchant Arms
Dead Rising
Kameo
Ninja Gaiden Black
$5 Geometry Wars Download

And in a few months, you could probably add another game on that list since I expect that Microsoft will start offering a game pack-in with the system to try to draw attention away from the Wii & PS3.  With a PS3, on the other hand, that much money would pick you up the system and tax and that's about it.

Seeing as how I expect that most of the titles that the PS3 will get will end up being ported to the X-Box 360 - with development costs for X-Box 360 level graphics being as high as they are, ports make a lot of sense - and since I'm not a big fan of Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy (at the moment, I've loved many of the older FF games), I'm planning on not picking up a PS3.  X-Box 360 for traditional gaming with state-of-the-art technology & Wii for the innovative stuff - that's my plan. :)

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2006, 12:26:03 AM »

I still think XBox has yet to see a title thats ground-breaking and classic.  Besides, its not like XBox is known for JRPG's, so the hate/sketpticism should be at least somewhat expected, no?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2006, 02:30:30 AM »

Quote from: "Dice"
I still think XBox has yet to see a title thats ground-breaking and classic.

Play Dead Rising.  Although a little rough around the edges, it's a highly entertaining and unique experience that just wouldn't work on the last generation of hardware (several hundred zombies on screen without any noticeably slowdown).  As a sidenote, it's been reported that Dead Rising has noticeably exceeding Capcom's sales expectations and that they're seriously considering ramping up their X-Box 360 game development as a result - I wouldn't be surprised to see the next Devil May Cry on the system as a result.

And then there's Geometry Wars.  For such a basic $5 game, it's insanely fun and addictive.  I've heard more than one person say that they're glad to own an X-Box 360 if only for Geometry Wars.

Quote from: "Dice"
Besides, its not like XBox is known for JRPG's, so the hate/sketpticism should be at least somewhat expected, no?

No, the original X-Box wasn't known for JRPGs (was there a single JRPG released in the US on it?), but the X-Box 360 already has one good JRPG (Enchant Arms) & one good US RPG (Oblivion) which seems rather promising for a system that's been out for less than a year.  Next month, Phantasy Star Universe comes out in the States and that is apparently an excellent JRPG in both its online and offline modes (35/40 score from Famitsu and I believe that score was for the lesser PS2 version and not for the superior X-Box 360 or PC version).  And like I said in my last post, there are many promising RPGs that are schedule to come out next year.

I'm just saying it seems rather early to assume that the PS3 will rule as far as RPGs go when the X-Box 360 already has a nice lineup of RPGs coming out over the next few months and all the PS3 has is FF13 coming out who knows when (2008 would be my guess) and a lot of "so-and-so company announced that they're developing an unnamed RPG for the PS3 that will be released sometime in the vague and distant future."  Between Microsoft getting their act together with much stronger Japanese game support this time around, Nintendo offering a controller that promises all new game experiences, and the pricetag of the PS3 being 50% more than the next most expensive console, I think Sony will not be the dominant player in the next generation of consoles.

I mean, just look at the SNES.  It had an awesome library of RPGs.  Then Nintendo got arrogant, they started making some major blunders with their next two home consoles and as a result, they lost the RPG crown to their competitors.  I think history is about to repeat itself.  I think Sony's arrogance in thinking that they can force the world to adopt Blue-Ray by attaching it to the PS3, thus increasing the price of the console drastically is going to be its downfall.

Wunderchu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2006, 02:54:42 AM »

here's IGN's partial translation / summary of the recent Famitsu article on Infinite Undiscovery:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/733/733002p1.html
t0mm13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 09:11:51 PM »

tri ace = yes
xbox360 = no

yeah thats what i think too but yeah i own a 360 and i hope that more rpg's com out on it too

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 09:12:48 PM »

Quote from: "t0mm13"
tri ace = yes
xbox360 = no

yeah thats what i think too but yeah i own a 360 and i hope that more rpg's com out on it too

So you're also a person who is diappointed that it's on the X360 but wants to get it on the X360, and also thinks the PS2 lacked RPGs, which was /awesome/?
t0mm13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 09:15:28 PM »

pretty much...but i dont mind it coming out on the 360 and i think the ps2 has a good amount of RPGs so i guess im not

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: