Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 07:07:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335204 Posts in 13725 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Getting psyched for Sakura Wars ~So Long, My Love~
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Getting psyched for Sakura Wars ~So Long, My Love~  (Read 25429 times)
beLIEve?

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2011, 08:35:11 PM »

i hope that i can still find a copy. should've bought the new copy when i had the chance.

You can find it on Amazon.Some their sellers still carry new copies with the artbook and poster.The game is too good to pass up and its very good.

just picked up a new copy at gamestop for 20 bucks... now if i could just finish some games instead of padding the backlog i'd be doing something.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2012, 05:19:59 PM »

Wow, I just think it's cool that despite the game coming out in 2010, it's still loved and remembered.  In the 2010 Game of the Year awards, it was #5 in my individual list.  Definitely a game I thought would make a bigger splash than it did.  I enjoyed it and definitely saw why import games love the series so much. 

I'm with whoever said this is part of the list of "cool games that not enough people played."  For me, Panzer Dragoon Saga is #1 (I still have yet to play it and I badly want to), Shantae is definitely one, and Beyond Good & Evil too.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Mym

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2012, 05:55:21 PM »

For me, Panzer Dragoon Saga is #1 (I still have yet to play it and I badly want to), Shantae is definitely one, and Beyond Good & Evil too.

Ooh, good choices! Very fond of all three myself.

And agreed! I'm happy that poor sales or no, Sakura Taisen found a receptive audience in the West. It's a series that for me is very much more than the sum of its parts, with willfully silly stories and average-ish strategy combat somehow gelling into something so irresistibly charming. It's a real shame that the series will probably never see the light of day in English again, but it's cool that N1 were willing to give it a chance even once. I'd probably take a crack at translating the other games myself if I knew anything about the technical side of things. :'D

Don't know if it's been mentioned here already, but interestingly a company called Akella actually localised the PC ports of the first two games into Russian a number of years back. My Russian isn't really good enough to judge how good the translation is, but either way I thought it was kind of cool!
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 06, 2012, 01:31:55 AM »

That's very impressive. If only a western Europe country had done it, then maybe it'd be English too. :P

I wouldnt' mind screens if you could find them. (Kind of odd no one's fan translated the first two games, come to think of it...)

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Mym

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 06, 2012, 03:25:31 AM »

Sure! I couldn't find many screens that didn't come from sites with... um... questionable content, but I still had the game installed, so I just took a couple from the first chapter. Here you go: http://imageshack.us/g/194/screenshot365s.jpg/

And yeah, likewise, especially with (presumably easier to work with?) PC ports floating around. They're not exactly the most challenging games from a language perspective, either, outside of a couple of tricky puns and the relatively large amount of text. If nothing else, hopefully N1's work on the series will have pushed it onto the radar of a few fan translation savvy individuals. :)
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2012, 11:43:55 PM »

Sure! I couldn't find many screens that didn't come from sites with... um... questionable content, but I still had the game installed, so I just took a couple from the first chapter. Here you go: http://imageshack.us/g/194/screenshot365s.jpg/

And yeah, likewise, especially with (presumably easier to work with?) PC ports floating around. They're not exactly the most challenging games from a language perspective, either, outside of a couple of tricky puns and the relatively large amount of text. If nothing else, hopefully N1's work on the series will have pushed it onto the radar of a few fan translation savvy individuals. :)

This is entirely too awesome. I'm giving this some HG101 love.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2012, 10:06:12 AM »

So uh, FYI, there's a fan translation brewing now. :P

I posted some screens at a few other forums. I can't access them now, but rest assured it's going to be pure awesome. Based on the Russian hack(?), using the JP script as a foundation.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2012, 06:42:46 PM »

And!

Boom.

I'll keep you all posted. ;)