Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:01:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334814 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Awesome Anime's and Manga's That Really Rocks!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Awesome Anime's and Manga's That Really Rocks!  (Read 4879 times)
konirash
I want to be acknowledge for who i am.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2012, 02:25:18 AM »

My Anime's that i frequently watched
Highschool DXD
Omamori Himari
Freezing
Guilty Crown

My Manga's
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
The Breaker: New Waves
The World God only Knows
Witch hunter(still has no updates though)
Highschool of the dead(still has no updates though)
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Naruto Shippuuden

Do you guys know any sites that updates the other mangas?

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 08:07:47 PM »

General recommendation thread?
General recommendation thread.

Anime
Martian Successor Nadesico
Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Welcome to the NHK (Novel, Manga, Anime...all pretty good, pick one)
Planetes

Manga
Parasyte
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 06:11:44 PM »

Berserk for anime.

Berserk for manga. Perfect for valentine's day too, being that deep down it IS  a love story.

TASTY!
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:35:22 PM »

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 07:40:39 PM »

Ghost in the Shells.
The Slayers and Slayers NEXT.
Haruhi, but that one is sort of in the dark, especially after the Endless 8 bullshit.  What a waste of time and especially company resources.

I'm gonna have to hit up this list too...  I need more timeless stuff....

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 12:09:26 AM »

I could list 100+, most of which are anime I've seen in just 2 years, but I'll keep it down to the recent awesome anime I've been watching, and why:

Hunter X Hunter (2011) - great characters, incredibly creative scenarios despite the lack of action
Soul Eater - Laugh-out-loud humor, wonderful sense of style, characters are well developed despite being annoying
Shaman King - perfectly-toned action scenes, charming characters with strong development
One Piece - Great action, fantastic story, with an interesting set of characters big and small

I'm tempted to through in Tenjho Tenge just to complete the set, but it's not really that awesome.

Which reminds me, I really need to watch that. It's, like, 100 episodes, right? I suppose if I'm willing to put up with 500+ episodes of One Piece...btw, I never thought I'd see someone mention that on a non-anime forum. Good on ya.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 01:27:41 AM »

I'm tempted to through in Tenjho Tenge just to complete the set, but it's not really that awesome.

I just don't understand 'Oh Great' (guy making Tenjou Tenge, Airgear, etc.). His series always start really strong and awesome and then the story just starts shitting itself and it turns into a pile of crap.  It's the same thing with everything he made. Great start, meh middle and shitty end.

Anyway, went to MyAnimeList and here's what I rated highly (man, I really need to update it...):

Classic movies everyone should watch:
- 5 Centimeters per Second
- Princess Mononoke
- Metropolis
- Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (AKA The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

Good Movies/OVA you should enjoy:
- Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Movie: Gurren-hen
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Movie: Lagann-hen
- Macross Plus
- Blue Submarine No. 6
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
- Evangelion: 2.0 [...]
- Patlabor: The Movie
- Mobile Suit Gundam Seed C.E.73: Stargazer

Good Series (covers wide range of styles):
- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
- Katanagatari
- Genshiken
- Genshiken 2
- Serial Experiments Lain
- Jyu Oh Sei
- Solty Rei
- Zegapain
- Durarara!!
- Speed Grapher
- Trigun
- Mai-Otome (+Zwei)
- Top wo Nerae!
- Top wo Nerae! 2
- Martian Successor Nadesico
- Kamichu!
- Black Lagoon
- Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage

Stuff I liked, but most didn't:
- Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
- Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny
- Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny Final Plus: The Chosen Future
- Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
- Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
- Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino

Stuff that's good for guys AND girls (and I shit you not):
- Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's
- Rozen Maiden

Stuff I liked because I'm a weirdo, but man was that shit completely hilarious:
- Kyou no Go no Ni
- Puni Puni Poemi
- Kujibiki Unbalance
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 08:54:13 PM »

one piece is the only thing people should be reading
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »

one piece is the only thing people should be reading

I'd disagree if One Piece wasn't the only thing I've been watching for the past 3 weeks...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 09:31:04 PM »

I've read for years that this one is "without exaggerating" the greatest anime ever made. It looks intimidating for the amount of chapters that it has and how complex the story seems to be, but I really should get around to watch this one soon.

Good Movies/OVA you should enjoy:
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion

I would only recommend that movie if you really reeeally like Evangelion. Otherwise, no... I rather watch this than Evangelion. I'm serious.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 09:44:42 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 12:01:02 AM »

Tack 'Slayers Try' onto Dice's list. XD I don't care what anyone says; it has too many epic Xellos moments to be ignored.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 12:26:29 AM »

Tack 'Slayers Try' onto Dice's list. XD I don't care what anyone says; it has too many epic Xellos moments to be ignored.

Haha definitely.  I just get blue with how it focused more on story than the characters.  Lina is an especially fascinating character, her sister an awesome enigma they'll probably never flesh out too.  Anyone see the Slayers series they made a few years back??  Any good?

And for END of Evangelion... Yeah, it's for fans for sure.  I can't say I liked the first half.  And funny enough, while I don't care much for philosophy, I love EVA and Ghost in the Shell.  But MAAAN... the whole movie is almost worth it for Asuka's "rise and [brutal] fall" (no spoilz).  I can't wait for the final Rebuild film though, the second was amazing.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 12:58:53 AM »

Haha definitely.  I just get blue with how it focused more on story than the characters.  Lina is an especially fascinating character, her sister an awesome enigma they'll probably never flesh out too.  Anyone see the Slayers series they made a few years back??  Any good?

You mean Slayers Revolution and Evolution-R? Eh...I was never able to get all the way through Evolution-R (technically the last 13 episodes of what is a complete season with Revolution having the first 13). It's not 'bad' per say but something about the characters just doesn't entirely click. It feels like they did a soft reset and kinda skimmed over the character development that happened in Slayers through Slayers Try; in favor of over-doing the character faults for accentuated slap stick effect. The eventual deal breaker for me was the dub does not have David Moo as Xellos. There's no way you can watch it in English without that voice actor playing that part if you've had exposure to the originals. It'd be like watching someone trying to do a version of Terminator without Arnold. It just doesn't work.

That, and if you don't mind some end-story spoilers, they really were completely lazy with the villain for this one. This is the salt in the wounds.

Code:
It's Rezo's Ghost/Reborn Soul. No, seriously. They pull that so they can have an excuse to fight Shabranigdo once more.

Really? Freaking really? After the escalation of villains over the past three seasons (Supernatural God Beast to one of the Generals of Shabranigdo to the penultimate Dark Lord from the Black World fused with their Insane God and driven by the world-rewriting desires of Valgaav's prodigy); and with the choice of other enemies that are still out there (Death Fog or Chaotic Blue really got passed up for this?)...ugh.

But to be fair; it's fan candy. Everyone you ever knew pretty much comes back. Even the long wanted

Code:
Naga meets the main cast

happens; albeit not quite in the way you'd expect. It's worth a watch; I might try and force myself to finish it when I go on my Slayers marathon here in a few weeks.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:06:20 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »

get backers is also a great manga Ive been reading that is finishing up
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »

I'd actually argue that End of Evangalion is a big F-U to the fans. The first 5 minutes especially...

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: