Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 12:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340949 Posts in 13935 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!  (Read 36517 times)
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2013, 05:55:57 PM »

The International version of X already has a complete English version (Europe) and X-2 wouldn't require that much extra voice acting or translating.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2013, 06:08:10 PM »

Now if only the game had a chance at being released outside of Japan.

Um, what?  I would be shocked if it wasn't released outside of Japan.

Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2013, 06:44:36 PM »

Are they redoing the voice acting at all? I don't think so.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »

The only new dialogue they'd have to record would be Last Mission in X-2 and I think they could get away without out doing that. It's not like there would be a huge amount of effort required in bringing it over. Hell, they're bringing over Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and that has the Final Mix version of 1.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »

Just for reference this is the content of FFX and X-2 International that SQEX released in Japan back then:

FINAL FANTASY X INTERNATIONAL [with Bonus DVD] / Release Date: Jan 31, 2002

This version of FFX supports a fully English mode, new boss game as well as new abilites and summon battles.

This is the hard to get Japanese version including the Bonus DVD.

'Other Side of the Final Fantasy 2' Bonus DVD content:

1. FFX Another Story: Additional conversation mainly between Yuna, Wakka & Rikku placed between the storyline of Final Fantasy X & Final Fantasy X-2 The conversations are in Japanese only.

2. Promotion Movies: Showing 3 Japanese TV commercials as well as 1 promotion video.

3. FFX Theme Song: The official Japanese theme song by RIKKI. Featured in 5.1 (or Stereo).

4. The Actors - Japan: (Japanese) interview with the Japanese voices and actors behind Tidus, Yuna, Wakka, Lulu, Kimahri, Auron, Rikku & Seymour.

5. The Actors - USA: (English) interview with the American voices behind Tidus & Yuna.

6. Square Preview: 5 Preview videos of upcoming Squaresoft products, incl. Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy XI & more.

Source: Play-Asia

FINAL FANTASY X-2 INTERNATIONAL + LAST MISSION / Release Date: Feb 19, 2004

"Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission is based on the US release of Final Fantasy X-2, with extra missions in the Yadonoki Tower, and bonus movie scenes not found in the original Japanese version.

Additionally the game has a new Monster Arena, in which you can battle with all the monsters and enemies from the game. You can battle against characters from Final Fantasy X, including Auron, Tidus, Seymour; as well as a new boss Emerald.

Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission also includes a Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Trailer."

Source: Play-Asia

Square Enix also released Final Fantasy X / X-2 Ultimate Box in Sep 07, 2005. That collection though has only the standard versions of both games with the "FFX Another Story" bonus DVD.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:31:43 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2013, 08:25:58 PM »

Now if only the game had a chance at being released outside of Japan.

Um, what?  I would be shocked if it wasn't released outside of Japan.

Given A)Squeenix's recent track record for localizations, B)Squeenix's overall track record for localizing International editions outside of Japan, C)Japan's batshit economy practically requiring entertainment media released in Japan to have extra content over worldwide releases to discourage reverse importation (to justify the otherwise exorbitant prices video games and other media goes for over there), and D)Sony's recent track record of shooting down localization attempts, I don't personally believe the chances bode well.

Though I will concede the fact that my initial choice of words was poor and should've stated "Now if only the game will actually be released outside of Japan." instead of stating that there was no chance.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »

Given A)Squeenix's recent track record for localizations, B)Squeenix's overall track record for localizing International editions outside of Japan, C)Japan's batshit economy practically requiring entertainment media released in Japan to have extra content over worldwide releases to discourage reverse importation (to justify the otherwise exorbitant prices video games and other media goes for over there), and D)Sony's recent track record of shooting down localization attempts, I don't personally believe the chances bode well.

Though I will concede the fact that my initial choice of words was poor and should've stated "Now if only the game will actually be released outside of Japan." instead of stating that there was no chance.

A) It's a Final Fantasy game.  A popular one at that.  FF sells like hotcakes here.  And unlike Type-0 it's not on a dead platform.

B) International editions released shortly after the initial version of the game, sure.  But this is a full-fledged remake, which they have a pretty good track record on.  You make it sound like they are conspiring specifically keep people from buying international editions...

C) Whua?  Because everyone in Japan speaks fluent English?  How is this even relevant...

D) I don't even know what you're talking about here.  What localization attempts has Sony shot down recently?

Seriously, if this game doesn't come out internationally I'll eat my hat.

Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »

The fact that Square Enix is bringing out Kingdom Hearts 1.5 should be the biggest indicator this will come out. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 requires more effort to localize because of the 385/2 Days videos. Final Fantasy X and X-2 have like one single section that doesn't already have voice acting, and advertising it as the International versions will guarantee sales. It's a really cheap localization with a large guaranteed profit.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »

Final Fantasy V coming to smartphones with enhanced 2D graphics -- Source(s): Nova Crystallis (via: FF-Reunion)

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2013, 11:58:48 PM »

As long as they don't find some way to add ridiculous microtransactions I'm cool with that.

That's a big if, though.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: March 20, 2013, 09:52:26 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-full-scan-surfaces

Tidus looking less like Meg Ryan circa 2000 confirmed.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2013, 01:47:35 PM »

Lulu's belts in HD man. :3
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »

Wow, that's pretty cool that they managed to man-up and De-Meg-Ryan him.

...I wonder if Lulu will actually look pregnant in X-2.  Otherwise, babies can apparently start kicking a week into pregnancy haha.

About time stuff is surfacing on this too.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2013, 01:09:15 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/20/final-fantasy-v-gets-dimensions-style-make-over-for-ios-and-android/

Comparison shots time. I know that anything can be considered an improvement over the original's sprites but using retextured Romancing SaGa sprites is still pretty goddamn lazy. Especially since you resized the viewing field and slimmed down the tiles to leave those massive open areas on the sides of the screen.

Also, way to make Faris look like a complete chick now instead of some kind of person with long pink hair. Now nobody's going to be surprised an hour into the game when Faris's paper thin disguise falls apart.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2013, 01:17:13 AM »

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/20/final-fantasy-v-gets-dimensions-style-make-over-for-ios-and-android/

Comparison shots time. I know that anything can be considered an improvement over the original's sprites but using retextured Romancing SaGa sprites is still pretty goddamn lazy. Especially since you resized the viewing field and slimmed down the tiles to leave those massive open areas on the sides of the screen.

Also, way to make Faris look like a complete chick now instead of some kind of person with long pink hair. Now nobody's going to be surprised an hour into the game when Faris's paper thin disguise falls apart.

Maybe Japanese character designs are able to make people question his/her gender, but being raised North American: long hair = girl.  So... =/

I hate how plastic-y the new graphics look.  It's cool that it's like an "HD" version of a 16-bit game, but I don't dig it than say a real take at it (I thought FF4 DS's graphics were great and a better take to putting in the effort for a remake).

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: