Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 09:12:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318958 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!  (Read 23574 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 12:11:41 PM »

But will Squeenix make a "classic" FF again?

I don't think that they want to at this point. Doing remakes of their classic titles has proven being more than enough for everyone, old and new fans alike.

Is it sad I'm looking forward to 10 in HD?

Is not one of my favorites but it is one the best JRPGs that Square has done. So no, is not sad. Though, the only sad thing if you want to mention one is that FFX is a 10+ year old game and is considered to be "the last great FF".

Hopefully Squeenix can stop with the poor excuse of teen-like J-drama.  It's fucking infuriating and no one likes it unless they're needy/longing virgins (err or something like that).

I'm curious, but what are for you these FFs that you consider being teen-like J-drama?
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »

i also thought the last really really great main game was considered to be 12?
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 12:28:43 PM »

Hopefully Squeenix can stop with the poor excuse of teen-like J-drama.  It's fucking infuriating and no one likes it unless they're needy/longing virgins (err or something like that).

I'm curious, but what are for you these FFs that you consider being teen-like J-drama?

I'm kinda surprised I gotta spell this one out, but anything Nomura has got his grubby hands on, generally.  13 and 13-2 being the worst offenders for unrealistic scenarios being played out by unrealistic characters.  I don't understand this need to have characters brood half the fucking game.  Was Hope ever happy at any point of the game?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 12:38:57 PM »

^Like I said, I was just curious to know because to me the whole teen-like J-drama sounds more fitting for FFVIII or X.

i also thought the last really really great main game was considered to be 12?

Dunno. In the time that everyone was excited for FFXII I think I was having fun with GameCube games... though, I always remember not being interested in playing it.

The only time I played XII was in the demo that came with Dragon Quest VIII, and it was so boring. It is worth mentioning that I got Dragon Quest VIII when the game was 4 or 5 years old at the time.

After that I waited around 4 fucking years for FFXIII and I didn't get it on day 1 because to me it seemed like a bad copy of Digital Devil Saga, but I bought a year later because of all the hate it was getting after a year of it's release... played it, had a good time with and then sold my copy to get inFamous 2.

Now I want play XIII again thanks to XIII-2 but really I should use that money to buy Nier.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »

FF8 had a major advantage there... it wasn't voiced. :D

FFX could have been made significantly better of Tidus was knocked by a frying pan to rework his personality.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 12:47:19 PM »

FF8 had a major advantage there... it wasn't voiced. :D

I would have killed myself if FFVIII was voiced.

FFX could have been made significantly better of Tidus was knocked by a frying pan to rework his personality.

Seriously, Yuna should have been the main focus there since the beginning. But the way the story of FFX is told with Tidus makes it one of the best titles in the series too.
Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 01:13:01 PM »

personally I felt 12 was better than 10

I liked the world better, the combat, the side quests, the sheer amount of things to do, ect
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 01:29:27 PM »

As bad as Tidus's voiceover was, Yuna's was far worse IMO. A friend once walked in while I was playing FFX in a lounge and said something to the effect of, "is this chick for real?" Some of the delivery was so stilted and wooden. Tidus's voice actually was one of the better things going for him.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 11:41:20 PM »

Shit son.

We all old as FUCK.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 11:48:53 PM »

As bad as Tidus's voiceover was, Yuna's was far worse IMO. A friend once walked in while I was playing FFX in a lounge and said something to the effect of, "is this chick for real?" Some of the delivery was so stilted and wooden. Tidus's voice actually was one of the better things going for him.

Instead of sweet and kind, she sounded like a FOB. You could poor ellipses everywhere she talked...like klyde sometimes does. :D (I tease)

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2012, 11:50:49 PM »

^Does Yuna has the same voice in Dissidia 012?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:02:11 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 12:08:17 AM »

I'll never forget the bleeps of the battle theme for number 1, but I remember adoring the Troian Beauty theme and "environment" (at the time) in 4.  I learned it on accordion.... : |

Really? Can you still play it?

But will Squeenix make a "classic" FF again?

Four Warriors of Light on the DS and Crystal Chronicles for the Wii seem like the closest they've gotten. Of course that depends on whether you count the FF4 sequel that came out for Wii/PSP.

Is it sad I'm looking forward to 10 in HD?

Nah. It was the last FF I really enjoyed. FF13 wasn't terrible, but I agree with the consensus it's a mid-level game.
I've been avoiding the 13-2 thread because it didn't look like it was spoiler tagged, so I have no idea what the reaction on the board is to it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2012, 07:18:33 PM »

Final Fantasy Franchise Review

Best series of reviews I've seen in YouTube. So far there's reviews for FF 1 to 8. Oh and they contains spoilers since there are more retrospectives than just reviews, so yeah.

Piano Opera FF IV/V/VI:

Protect the Espers ! (FF VI)
Searching for Friends (FF VI)
My Home, Sweet Home (FF V)
Theme of Love (FF IV)

Released in May 2012 for the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy. Somehow it turn out to be better (IMO) than the last album.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:23:10 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »

Instead of sweet and kind, she sounded like a FOB. You could poor ellipses everywhere she talked...like klyde sometimes does. :D (I tease)

Yuna... as voiced by... William Shatner.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 12:04:57 AM »

Honestly, I blame the voice director for as much of this as the actress, if not moreso. I think the guy had Yuna's VA record her "Okay" line ONCE and then reused it everytime she needed to say that. Horrible.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: