Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 10:43:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319589 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!  (Read 24379 times)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2013, 04:59:37 PM »

Fav female is gonna be an interesting one.  Usually demonstrates what Japan likes in women compared to NA a bit (in saying that, I think Yuna might rank quite high).

You think Yuna wouldn't rank high in NA?

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2013, 05:24:09 PM »

Fav female is gonna be an interesting one.  Usually demonstrates what Japan likes in women compared to NA a bit (in saying that, I think Yuna might rank quite high).

The X-2 version might.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2013, 10:43:29 AM »

I need a little help here guys.

A few days ago I was messing around in the Japanese channel of Square Enix in YouTube and I remembered they uploaded a bunch of old trailers from the series. While I was watching the one for Final Fantasy X, at the end of trailer it plays an arrangement of the main theme of FF that I'm pretty sure I've never heard before.

Does anyone know if that track is in the OST or not?

Here's the playlist of the trailers if anyone wanna see them.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2013, 10:56:14 AM »

The X-2 version might.

I meant in japan, sorry for not making it clear..

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2013, 10:56:15 PM »

Japan ranks their favorite female characters from the Final Fantasy series -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"The results for Japan's female character vote is now in.

Much like the earlier male character poll which saw Zack (FFVII) as the over all winner, the fight for the top appears to have been fierce. Lightning came in at #1, just narrowly beating out Aerith after taking what was seemingly an early runaway lead. Aerith and Yuna, however, were fighting for the top spot from the very beginning.

46 character names in total were posted by fans and the results although not as detailed as the previous poll reflect a general opinion of Japan's Final Fantasy Forum using fans.

Those with duplicate rankings held the same amount of votes, and are thus counted as a tied ranking. Check out the full compiled list below. Note that not all 46 names are represented here, as characters with too few votes are not represented."

Results:

1. Lightning (FFXIII)
2. Aerith (FFVII)
3. Yuna (FFX)
4. Tifa (FFVII)
5. Celes (FFVI)
6. Tina (FFVI)
7. Serah (FFXIII)
8. Garnet (FFIX)
8. Faris (FFV)
10. Rinoa (FFVIII)
10. Rydia (FFIV)
12. Selphie (FFVIII)
13. Rikku (FFX)
14. Beatrix (FFIX)
14. Yuffie (FFVII)
16. Ashe (FFXII)
17. Rosa (FFIV)
17. Eiko (FFIX)
17. Agrias (FFT)
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2013, 10:59:25 PM »

The rest isn't too surprising but I seriously didn't expect Lightning to top the list.  But then these polls alway seem biased towards recent releases.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »

Speaking of the 25th, I'm currently listening my copy of

http://vgmdb.net/album/36001

This :)

It is good.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2013, 12:32:40 AM »

Speaking of the 25th, I'm currently listening my copy of

http://vgmdb.net/album/36001

This :)

It is good.

As good as that collection is, I've heard a lot of these before on several other albums.  Not to say I don't love them and don't want this collection as well, though.
But *I'd KILL* if they did an orchestrated selection to some of the more "hidden gems" of the game's soundtracks. D:

FF9's Loss of Me, or FF7's Cosmo Canyon, FFX's Yunalesca fight, hell, a lot of FF12 is largely ignored (and damn that game had a few awesome tracks that'd be *perfect* to orchestrate).  I do admire a lot of the non-standard OSTs that have been coming out lately for the series.  The SQs were pretty great for picking some of the less-standard themes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:36:43 AM by Dice » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2013, 10:08:34 AM »

I like this album more because FFXIII and XIV actually get recognition here. I was pretty bored of seeing the same themes over and over again.

Twilight over Thanalan and Answers are crazy good though.
Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2013, 11:34:38 PM »

The rest isn't too surprising but I seriously didn't expect Lightning to top the list.  But then these polls alway seem biased towards recent releases.

this poll was filled by CURRENT FF fans so most of the votes comes from people that still care for FF specifically the XIII series, then again JP is weird they know NOTHING about Noctis and he already beat some old timers FF fans, really weird.

The True Growlanser
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2013, 11:41:03 AM »

"Noctis has short, spiky, black hair and blue eyes. Although, according to Nomura, his hair and eyes can change color along with his emotions and actions in battle.

Noctis is said to be a very shy person, but he initially tries to hide this by "acting cool". According to director Tetsuya Nomura, Noctis will not have the "Cloud-like" personality that people are currently expecting. Instead, he will be a type of character that has not yet been seen in the series, one which Nomura has wanted to try out for a long time. Nomura says that Noctis will have a strong and distinctive personality, and will absolutely not be a "silent, gloomy little boy".

In a recent Dengeki interview, Nomura explained that Noctis is not cool, but rather an ordinary young man who acts tough because he feels that it is his duty to protect his kingdom and its citizens. As a result, he sometimes acts rashly or overestimates his own strength."

Noctis Lucis Caelum -- Source: FF Wiki
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »

So after almost seven years since the game was announced, we learn that the protagonist is not cool.  Meanwhile, there is still no game to show.

Swell.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »

I've never liked the hype behind Versus. (~_~;)

Versus itself though, it does sounds very interesting from the bunch of info I've read over the years but given the people behind the project I can tell that this going to be messy once is released.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2013, 08:26:16 PM »

So after almost seven years since the game was announced, we learn that the protagonist is not cool.  Meanwhile, there is still no game to show.

Swell.

Love it.

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »

Swell.

Muthafuckas EYES change color htough!!!  FKUCING BADASS!!!

Fuck... If my eyes changed color to reflect my emotions, they'd be RED all work long.  No one would buy a warranty unlees I could scare them into it.  ...what color is "love"?  My eyes would change to that color every time this cute dude walks in-- giving it all away.

...my mind's gotten away from me

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: