Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 02:04:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331718 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!  (Read 31820 times)
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 07, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »

If I made a list of my favorite FF heroes and heroines, I think both lists would consist entirely of characters from FFVI and FFXII (and I've played all the games in the numbered series, minus XI).

As for the 25th Anniversary PSN sale, I am considering getting V and VI. I recall hearing that VI is a port of the PSX version of the game, which I heard was terrible. I already own the SNES cart, so that purchase would be fluff. I haven't heard anything about the port of V and whether or not it is decent or not. I sort of feel like I should buy it out of principal, since I played it on that which shall not be named over a decade ago. Not to mention I've never beaten it, and I've beaten just about all the other numbered FFs.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2013, 01:14:22 PM »

If I made a list of my favorite FF heroes and heroines, I think both lists would consist entirely of characters from FFVI and FFXII (and I've played all the games in the numbered series, minus XI).

As for the 25th Anniversary PSN sale, I am considering getting V and VI. I recall hearing that VI is a port of the PSX version of the game, which I heard was terrible. I already own the SNES cart, so that purchase would be fluff. I haven't heard anything about the port of V and whether or not it is decent or not. I sort of feel like I should buy it out of principal, since I played it on that which shall not be named over a decade ago. Not to mention I've never beaten it, and I've beaten just about all the other numbered FFs.

Both are based upon their respective PSX ports. The problem with the PSX port of FFV was that Sony/Squaresoft used the scrapped SuperNES localization instead of actually trying to localize it properly. This means that the game has a poorly edited and quite frankly terrible translation on top of the usual issues that plagued the PSX FF ports (in this case, long load times, since the other issues were mostly unnoticeable due to never getting the Super Famicom version to compare it to). In this case however, if you can't find/don't already have/aren't going to bother hunting down the GBA port then this version is definitely there.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 07, 2013, 11:14:39 PM »

I didn't know there was a GBA port. My DS plays GBA games, I think I'll try that. Thanks.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2013, 09:16:57 AM »

I've seen FF5A in a lot of shops around here, I'm guessing it isn't hard to find at a fair price, unlike FF6A, which is impossible to find for a good price (and there are quite a few fakes out there, too). Just thought I'd throw that out there.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2013, 04:03:10 AM »

FINAL FANTASY X HD:

Famitsu screens / Gematsu news and video
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2013, 04:22:06 AM »

Man, I was going to watch that Vita announcement thing but I totally did my timezone conversion wrong...

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2013, 10:20:52 AM »

Wow, sweet! Not much, but at least it's still in development. Digging the updated character models. FFX is a game that would be welcome on my Vita, goofball cast and all.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 10:23:23 AM by Taelus » Logged

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2013, 12:33:30 PM »

I've been waiting on this forever, seeing as it is my favorite game and all, so I'll buy this 10x over haha. That's honestly not much new, but any news is better than no news.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2013, 02:38:37 AM »

Rumor: Final Fantasy X HD to include FFX-2, release in June -- Source: Nova Crystallis
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2013, 02:47:19 AM »

Haha, yeah I don't buy it.  Their 'source' is an anonymous 2ch post.  Also, novacrystallis.com claimed that FF-Reunion had the details, but I went and looked at that site and there were no details of any kind.  Everything in that novacrystallis.com post came from the 2ch post.

Oh, I've got another tip!  Trails in the Sky SC is coming out in English this summer!  Source: Dice.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2013, 02:53:04 AM »

Nowadays is hard to believe any info regarding SQEX and their RPGs.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2013, 03:07:41 AM »

I'm pretty sure we're getting XIII-3, XIVmk2, and the next iOS/Browser warez, but beyond that is a total mystery.

Let alone, what they're doing with DQX and the DQVII remake.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2013, 03:30:12 AM »

Maybe Nintendo takes care of getting those DQ games outside of Japan?
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2013, 10:32:37 PM »

That's not a bad assumption, though I have no basis for saying this.

I really want Square Enix to make an explosive comeback this year and totally bring everyone back into the fold with a glorious return to RPG glory.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2013, 10:43:11 PM »

I kinda wanna go to the Squeenix head in Amurica and do this to him.

Like the elipses in your post, I think that's nuff said.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: