Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 09:38:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338771 Posts in 13865 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!  (Read 35878 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2013, 03:08:46 PM »

Well I'll definitely be getting FFX in any case. Not so sure about FFX-2 though, it basically ruins FFX's story.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2013, 03:10:21 PM »

Well I'll definitely be getting FFX in any case. Not so sure about FFX-2 though, it basically ruins FFX's story.

B-b-b-bb--b-b-b-b-b-b-bbutt bathing suits!!!!!!
And decent job class system.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2013, 03:11:45 PM »

Hey, I'll have you know that I'm not so easily swayed by girls in bikin--ohh bouncy.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2013, 03:16:35 PM »

Not so sure about FFX-2 though, it basically ruins FFX's story.

Can you explain in how many ways X-2 is horrible? Because I really enjoyed my time with it (more so than X).
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2013, 03:19:15 PM »

Can you explain in how many ways X-2 is horrible? Because I really enjoyed my time with it (more so than X).

Battle: X-2 > X
"Plot": X > X-2
Music: X >>>> X-2
Characters: Any other game.
Controls: I've never understood how this is graded.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2013, 03:21:34 PM »

I wouldn't say that it is horrible, per se, but it does fuck up FFX's thematic elements. I thought story was one if FFX's biggest advantages and X-2 kind of messes that up retroactively due to everyone wanting a happy ending.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2013, 03:24:55 PM »

I wouldn't say that it is horrible, per se, but it does fuck up FFX's thematic elements. I thought story was one if FFX's biggest advantages and X-2 kind of messes that up retroactively due to everyone wanting a happy ending.

I agree with Ashton 100%. The finale of X was one of the ballsiest and most genuine in the series, and X-2 was like
Code:
'hur derp nope fayth magic'

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2013, 03:41:57 PM »

I agree with Ashton 100%. The finale of X was one of the ballsiest and most genuine in the series, and X-2 was like
Code:
'hur derp nope fayth magic'

If it helps, it takes the 100% to get him back in X-2 which is almost impossible without a guide.  And if you manage to achieve the 100% blind, you deserve a super duper nonsense ending.

I kinda would have preferred if Yuna "moved on".  Tidus was a giant wank anyways.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2013, 03:48:42 PM »

Then you misunderstood the entire game. :P

Code:
The point of FFX was character growth. While Tidus starts off as a whiny little bitch who wants everything to go his way and handed to him on a silver platter, he eventually becomes a passionate man who isn't scared of causing his own non existence to end a worldwide threat. You see the same with Jecht's memory spheres in the game. The game is all about self sacrifice and rising above one's own petty beliefs and desires for the greater good. He doesn't get rewarded at the end of the game, he doesn't get to live on and see what he accomplished, he is forever doomed to be just a memory, remembered by only a handful of people - and he's okay with that.

Code:
X-2 on the other hand, just says fuck all that, he should be brought back for a happy reunion ending. What a disappointment,
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:50:27 PM by Taelus » Logged

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2013, 03:51:00 PM »

His overalls and crop cut hoodie still makes him a wank.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2013, 03:52:12 PM »

He does have terrible fashion sense.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2013, 04:15:19 PM »

Now they're doing the same thing with XIII.

Let's give XIII a good ending, show some character sacrifice, and save the world with faith in the human (?) race.
Now let's have XIII-2 fuck it all up, show why we shouldn't believe in ourselves, and prove that change does nothing...oh and kill the character we saved back in the first one.
Fuck, bad move. Let's do another attempt with XIII-3. What's the worst that can happen, people don't like it? They'll buy it anyways.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2013, 04:16:14 PM »

The difference is XIII's story was terrible to begin with, so nothing of value was lost.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2013, 04:31:21 PM »

^Ugh. Let's not do this crap again guys... I've had enough of that "discussion" already.

@Ashton: So is kinda like the same thing that happened with Persona 3 and 'The Answer' chapter. Only that Atlus didn't "betray" the fans of the original game by ruining (or something along those lines) the overall point of the story.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2013, 04:34:00 PM »

Well as I recall X-2 happened because fans were A) annoyed that X didn't end with a happy ending and B) XI was a MMO so there was no single player FF on the horizon at the time.

The difference between X and Persona 3 is that The Answer elaborated on the ending of P3 by explaining in detail what happened and why instead of leaving it ambiguous. X explained everything within its own self-contained story and then backpedaled when they decided to release X-2 by saying "oh yeah, there's a small loophole we didn't mention in the last game even though it makes no logical sense."

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: