Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:16:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327445 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!  (Read 28772 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: April 01, 2013, 02:59:13 PM »

Actually, no, I haven't played any HD re-releases. I don't play games again just because they have sharper graphics. That just oozes of graphic-whoredom. It's not like the upgraded graphics change the actual gameplay or story. It's the exact same. That's why I'm always confused when people get excited about these things. UNLESS...You've never played it before, didn't finish it, or are interested in the content never released before. I get that.
I just see so many great games out there that I'll never have time to play. Replaying ANY game is never in the cards for me. I can only assume that people who play this have already tapped out all those other great games. It's a weird mix of jealousy and bafflement that I'm feeling.
Like I said above, though, whatever floats it.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: April 01, 2013, 04:06:54 PM »

I quite liked FFX when I played it, but will certainly never play it again. Even if I had the time I would prefer a new game over one I already played.
Obviously, a lot of people like re-releases and remakes. Whatever floats your boat. I know I'm wrong, but it always appears to me that working on these types of projects means less new games are being made. I understand there's different teams that work on different games, but I can't help but wonder what else they could be doing. Oh, well.

"Hideki Imaizumi says that when recording the voice sessions for FF Type-0, he and Nomura worked with some of the FFX cast again for the first time in 10 years. That got them talking again about FFX and they had good memories about it. That inspired Nomura to go around negotiating with various people in the company over the next few days, and finally they got the greenlight to do it. But at that time they were still tied up with FFXIII, so actual development couldn't start immediately.

It was just between Nomura and Imaizumi initially. Working with the voice cast on Type-0 was just the trigger to get the two of them talking. The actual voice cast has no part in this project."

source
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #272 on: April 01, 2013, 05:28:13 PM »

Actually, no, I haven't played any HD re-releases. I don't play games again just because they have sharper graphics. That just oozes of graphic-whoredom. It's not like the upgraded graphics change the actual gameplay or story. It's the exact same. That's why I'm always confused when people get excited about these things. UNLESS...You've never played it before, didn't finish it, or are interested in the content never released before. I get that.
I just see so many great games out there that I'll never have time to play. Replaying ANY game is never in the cards for me. I can only assume that people who play this have already tapped out all those other great games. It's a weird mix of jealousy and bafflement that I'm feeling.

I have absolutely no problem replaying games I like because of better graphics, and it has nothing to do with graphics whore-dom-- I like the idea of re-experiencing something I've enjoyed with a nice new presentation. Back to the Future in bluray, for example :). And I don't agree with the mentality that a person who loves graphics is someone to frown upon to begin with, because everyone is entitled to enjoy what they enjoy for whatever reason. It's totally cool if you don't feel the same way, but I completely disagree that it "oozes of graphics whoredom" and with the underlying assumption that being a graphics whore is a bad thing to begin with. That's one step away from saying "Stephen replaying Kingdom Hearts because they re-recording the soundtrack oozes of "music whore-dom," and I'd actually fight someone if they implied new music was a bad or shallow thing :)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: April 01, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »

I have absolutely no problem replaying games I like because of better graphics, and it has nothing to do with graphics whore-dom-- I like the idea of re-experiencing something I've enjoyed with a nice new presentation. Back to the Future in bluray, for example :). And I don't agree with the mentality that a person who loves graphics is someone to frown upon to begin with, because everyone is entitled to enjoy what they enjoy for whatever reason. It's totally cool if you don't feel the same way, but I completely disagree that it "oozes of graphics whoredom" and with the underlying assumption that being a graphics whore is a bad thing to begin with. That's one step away from saying "Stephen replaying Kingdom Hearts because they re-recording the soundtrack oozes of "music whore-dom," and I'd actually fight someone if they implied new music was a bad or shallow thing :)

I would possibly buy it due to me wanting to replay FFX.  While I agree paying for something a little more shiny can be silly, I really don't like 4:3 resolution anymore (black bars ugh) and I'd rather play it in widescreen format if I can.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: April 01, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: April 01, 2013, 09:00:28 PM »

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/10thAnniversary/

Update: "It looks like the site's been taken down, which could mean it was all just an April Fools' Day joke." -- Source: Gematsu

...uh, OK.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: April 01, 2013, 09:20:06 PM »

...yikes.

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: April 02, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »

It was a bad April Fools joke anyways.

Even the Nitro+ one involving a crossover with Gearbox in a Nitro+ Special Edition version of Bioshock Infinite (entitled Sonico Shock Infinity) was better than this weaksauce.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2013, 10:10:09 PM »

Square Enix's new President plans to review the entire company -- Source: Siliconera

It seems that this was the joke actually.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2013, 10:44:03 AM »

Square Enix's new President plans to review the entire company -- Source: Siliconera

It seems that this was the joke actually.

So glad a company in the weeds is using their time and budget so wisely... >_>

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: April 05, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »

After Square Enix announced it, what ever happened to Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII? -- Source: Siliconera

"After saying the game will be launched in the United States, there wasn't any progress made. That's a true story," Keiji Fujita explained. "The feature phones at that time were too low spec to bring Before Crisis to the US market. Because Before Crisis is an online game, it was only available for high end phones in Japan. There was no way to port the game to phones here."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 09:15:14 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: April 05, 2013, 10:18:50 AM »

Because we didn't get enough of that damn compilation the first time.

But I guess this also means that we can stop worrying about localizations that don't come within a year or three since they might still come out eventually (you know, like how SD3, Bahamut Lagoon, and the SaGa DS remakes have gotten one, oh wait...).

And maybe when they're done charging $40-$50 bux for a 3DS port of a cellphone game made nearly a decade ago they can get around to bringing out Friends of Mana (to complete yet another piece of shit compilation that produced nothing but crap).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: April 05, 2013, 01:03:25 PM »

After reading a plot synopsis of Before Crisis, I was kind of thankful we never got that game. Most of the other games in the compilation did their best to keep canon relatively consistent.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #283 on: April 05, 2013, 01:07:42 PM »

I enjoyed the FF7 compilation. Dirge of Cerberus had awesome music and was an all right game, Crisis Core was amazing, and FF7AC was absent-minded brain-candy. Could have been a lot worse.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: April 05, 2013, 01:35:22 PM »

^ I liked that Advent Children and even the Final Fantasy Movie (Spirits Within) are one of few full-human CG efforts.

I love and hate that Pixar and Dreamworks or whoever are usually more in the "cartoon mode" (which works for them, but I'd love to see them try new styles in general).

Crisis Core was weird, and just made me want a revamped FF7 (walking around Midgar in awesom---... well, "PSP>PSX graphics" was pretty cool).

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: