Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 05:03:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327395 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!  (Read 28706 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: April 15, 2013, 12:16:04 AM »

Question:

Is FF6 available on the 3DS shop or whatever?

Interested-Yoda or Yoda-Trying-to-Impress-Someone?

Just you

It would work.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: April 15, 2013, 03:27:39 PM »

So according to this rumour:

http://www.vgleaks.com/possible-dlc-for-ps3-final-fantasy-xx-2-remakes/

The International content for FFX and X-2 will only be available as DLC at $5 a pop.

I certainly hope this isn't true.

FFX International isn't that great anyway. It puts a load of near-impossible bosses (the Dark Aeons), which block you out of certain areas and side-content unless you defeat them first. And they're not even fun bosses either, they're the type where you're supposed to grind your stats to maximum just to stand a chance. It was annoying playing the PAL version missing out on sidequests because there were incredibly overpowered bosses in the way. I would pay $5 not to have the PAL/International version extras.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:32:53 PM by DPB » Logged
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: April 15, 2013, 08:09:33 PM »

So according to this rumour:

http://www.vgleaks.com/possible-dlc-for-ps3-final-fantasy-xx-2-remakes/

The International content for FFX and X-2 will only be available as DLC at $5 a pop.

I certainly hope this isn't true.

FFX International isn't that great anyway. It puts a load of near-impossible bosses (the Dark Aeons), which block you out of certain areas and side-content unless you defeat them first. And they're not even fun bosses either, they're the type where you're supposed to grind your stats to maximum just to stand a chance. It was annoying playing the PAL version missing out on sidequests because there were incredibly overpowered bosses in the way. I would pay $5 not to have the PAL/International version extras.

Ah, good ole' Squeenix. Rebalancing the Sphere Grid to make it less linear to progress through then supplement it with Trademark Squeenix Superbosses locking you out of things that was originally free(-ish *cough*Chocobo Racing/Dodging 200 Lightning Bolts*cough*) to partake in (and not even well designed Superbosses but the "Hope you've maxed out, found the system exploit, and are willing to chew through 50 Million HPs, otherwise FUCK OFF!" Superbosses).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: April 15, 2013, 11:25:14 PM »

Straightening out Final Fantasy X's Sphere Grid -- Source: GameInternals
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: April 16, 2013, 02:30:38 AM »

You realize I just said as much, right? Or were you simply providing supporting evidence to my comment?

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2013, 10:36:02 AM »

Lightning Returns Play Arts Kai now in color -- Source: Nova Crystallis

The "Gundam Seed Shield" looks nice. Hell, I wouldn't bother buying one if I had the chance to do it.

You realize I just said as much, right? Or were you simply providing supporting evidence to my comment?

Just think of what I posted as an extension to your comment.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2013, 11:26:28 AM »

Lightning Returns Play Arts Kai now in color -- Source: Nova Crystallis

The "Gundam Seed Shield" looks nice. Hell, I wouldn't bother buying one if I had the chance to do it.

Still can't dig on the weird colour choices.  Maroon, navy blue, and light pink.... =/
I tried to like her outfit too, but it just wasn't happening.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2013, 01:40:00 PM »

Thankfully it seems like it will be only one of many since, if what I've read is correct, outfits will be integral to the gameplay.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: April 17, 2013, 02:02:19 AM »

"Versus is coming. Just wait a little longer."

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/04/nomura-the-situation-on-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-within-the-company-is-very-delicate/

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: April 17, 2013, 02:07:55 AM »

They weren't allowed to talk about Versus because there was nothing to talk about (except for the licensed fashion brand threads everyone's now sporting). :V

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2013, 07:00:55 AM »

They weren't allowed to talk about Versus because there was nothing to talk about

You can say the same about Persona 5 but that wouldn't be true given how both projects have shown sporadic signs of life over the years.

(except for the licensed fashion brand threads everyone's now sporting). :V

...ah. That thing was just a rumor, but hey it helped giving people even more blue balls for Versus XIII which end up being good marketing for SQEX.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: May 05, 2013, 04:18:38 PM »

Triple Triad Gold

"Triple Triad Gold is a clone of the popular card game in Final Fantasy VIII, Triple Triad. This project was started in the early 2000, with the ambition of being as close to the original as possible. TTG is a one-man project, developed using Visual C++. It utilizes MFC, DirectX and the BASS sound system."

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Play Arts Kai images -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"Both figures are due out later this year, having seen their initial reveals back at Tokyo Game Show 2012. As part of the Play Arts KAI line, both Rufus and Yuffie will come with an assortment of accessories. Rufus sports an alternate head and chest, Jenova head case and his signature shotgun while Yuffie comes equipped with a shuriken, materia and different hand styles."
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: May 05, 2013, 10:25:59 PM »

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Play Arts Kai images -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"Both figures are due out later this year, having seen their initial reveals back at Tokyo Game Show 2012. As part of the Play Arts KAI line, both Rufus and Yuffie will come with an assortment of accessories. Rufus sports an alternate head and chest, Jenova head case and his signature shotgun while Yuffie comes equipped with a shuriken, materia and different hand styles."

Does the Rufus figure come with an alternate head and chest that say "I died like a chump at the end of FFVII proper. Why the fuck am I in this silly DBZ knockoff?", Diamond Weapon firing its frikken lazor beams, and his signature Shinra HQ with kungfu grip and tactical getting the blown the fuck up action?

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: May 05, 2013, 11:03:10 PM »

I'm surprised of all things and spin-offs the FF series hasn't done, it's a TripTriad game for handheld or whatever the shit.

Also, am I the only one who hates the Play Art figures?  I did like Aeo's comments about DBZ .

pseudonym

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: May 06, 2013, 02:55:54 AM »

"Versus is coming. Just wait a little longer."

An extinction later...ta-da!

By the time they release Versus we will be living in a steampunkish world where the game will make us reminiscent about our 60's.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: