Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 08:32:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332947 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!  (Read 32533 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2013, 04:07:54 AM »

I forgot this one.

Nomura: Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be revealed soon, preparations are underway -- Source: Nova Crystallis

There's also this rumor in the site if anyone wanna read it.

Does the Rufus figure come with an alternate head and chest that say "I died like a chump at the end of FFVII proper. Why the fuck am I in this silly DBZ knockoff?", Diamond Weapon firing its frikken lazor beams, and his signature Shinra HQ with kungfu grip and tactical getting the blown the fuck up action?

FFVII and the Compilation are two different things.

Also related: New Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Play Arts Kai arrive in September -- Source: Nova Crystallis
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: May 29, 2013, 06:46:56 AM »

Final Fantasy series development status:

FFX HD: 80%
FFX-2 HD: 65%

LR: FFXIII: 70%

FFVIII (PC): 80%

source
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: May 29, 2013, 10:33:20 AM »

I had a chuckle to the community response:

Versus: -85%.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2013, 11:14:01 AM »

I had a chuckle to the community response:

Versus: -85%.

There weren't enough characters remaining to allow for enough zeros to reach the decimal place low enough to display Versus's progress. Granted they should've used scientific notation instead, but then again that would involve understanding what scientific notation is (and its not what you use to power airships, railguns, or whatever fantasy technobabble they think is cool enough to say "a scientific notation did it").

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2013, 08:55:58 AM »

Tetsuya Nomura to participate in the second episode of Square Enix's mdRadio broadcast -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"The first episode of Square Enix's new merchandise broadcast mdRadio aired online last month and with it a bit of insight from game director Testuya Nomura.

In the initial episode of mdRadio, Nomura spoke candidly about his pet project Final Fantasy Versus XIII going so far as to apologize for making fans wait, as well as promising a finalized reveal date for the project.

Now it looks like Nomura will be returning for another go-around when the second episode hits the web "near the end of May" according to a Famitsu report. Given the proximity, it would be a fair guess to expect some sort of update within the next couple days."
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: May 30, 2013, 09:08:07 AM »

These companies need to start to be more cautious with their announcements. The announcement of final fantasy versus 13 did more bad than good considering that the game was in such an early stage of development.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2013, 09:32:27 AM »

^FFXIV did more bad than good for them than an announcement made in 2006.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:36:31 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: May 30, 2013, 09:40:33 AM »

^FFXIV did more bad than good for them than an announcement made in 2006.

That's to be expected. FF XIV was a complete mess.
I know they are a business and all but if they tried to focus on actually making quality, creative and artistic games it would turn out to be better(I mean they already had the brand recognition), even from an economical standpoint. Trying to catch on popular bandwagons isnt working and was an idiotic move, they need to realize this.
They were doing well enough with making regular main series Final Fantasy games, why do they need to get greedy and make moves that aleniate their existing fanbase to try and cash in on a new audience. They were doing well enough as it was..
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 09:44:38 AM by Holykael1 » Logged

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2013, 09:54:21 AM »

^The market changed abruptly and their audience is all over the place.

That said, is not like they are oblivious of the things they do as a company.
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2013, 10:02:54 AM »

Well. I dont think anybody asked for a new MMO. The main series final fantasy games never failed to sell well. Why would they focus on cheap spin offs and an MMO that nobody asked for. They were trying to reach the WoW audience and didnt even make a playable product, what kind of awareness is that?

I think that considering their recent decisions, the things they said about the eidos games and their sales expectations, we have enough proof to assume that they are quite oblivious about a lot of things.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2013, 10:34:55 AM »

The main series final fantasy games never failed to sell well. Why would they focus on cheap spin offs and an MMO that nobody asked for. They were trying to reach the WoW audience and didnt even make a playable product, what kind of awareness is that?

With XIV they were going after the players of XI more than anything else.

And what do you mean with the cheap spin-offs thing? iOS stuff or bigger releases that you don't care about?

I think that considering their recent decisions, the things they said about the eidos games and their sales expectations, we have enough proof to assume that they are quite oblivious about a lot of things.

Those 3 games only failed in their sales expectations, all 3 of them sold well enough and were also well-received to keep the IPs alive for the future (if they want anyway).
Holykael1
What is a man?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2013, 10:47:39 AM »

^
I mean the IOS stuff and some of the crystal chronicles spin offs. Im speaking for myself obviously but I dont think many people enjoyed those spinoffs, nevertheless these little deviances hurt the brand. However I did enjoy Dissidia, that was a very good effort on their part, I think.
I also think that the crystal chronicles stuff should be a separate IP, it's doing more bad then good to the final fantasy name if you ask me.

I really like the re-releases of old final fantasy games though. I thought the Final Fantasy V ios port was commendable but I deem it as a failure because that sprite work is so bad...

Im not even speaking for the whole Final Fantasy XIII thing because I havent played the games myself and I tend to avoid judging games that I haven't played.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2013, 11:25:44 AM »

I mean the IOS stuff and some of the crystal chronicles spin offs. Im speaking for myself obviously but I dont think many people enjoyed those spinoffs, nevertheless these little deviances hurt the brand. However I did enjoy Dissidia, that was a very good effort on their part, I think.
I also think that the crystal chronicles stuff should be a separate IP, it's doing more bad then good to the final fantasy name if you ask me.

The iOS stuff was made mainly because to take advantage of that "growing market" and in between that process they end up making mad a bunch of people which hurt their reputation.

About the Crystal Chronicles games, I dunno. They made 6 of those and with their mixed reception and everything I don't think people didn't enjoy them if they made that many. Not to mention that the entire series was like an effort to get more people that wasn't interested in the main series into Final Fantasy.

Also I have to say that I don't know what the hell the people at SQEX was thinking back in the day with releasing Front Mission Evolved and MindJack. Those games were awful.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: May 30, 2013, 11:31:24 AM »

Crystal Chronicles was an *amazing* idea with poor design, if I had to say anything about it.  Plus, the plots for the DS game were just weird and sad.  The interface with the GBA was just more trouble than it was worth.

I oddly did like Chrystal Bearers for whatever-the-fuck reason.  Maybe it was the opening theme the just set a good idea. I dunno.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: May 30, 2013, 05:01:24 PM »

Why would they focus on cheap spin offs and an MMO that nobody asked for.

The cheap spin offs because they were profitable and easily built upon FF13.

A new MMO because 11 was a very profitable endeavor and they wanted to continue the MMO cash into the next gen.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: