Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 05:13:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329731 Posts in 13517 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Thread -- Making people crazy since 1987, kupo!  (Read 30372 times)
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: May 30, 2013, 06:18:41 PM »

Crystal Chronicles was an *amazing* idea with poor design, if I had to say anything about it.  Plus, the plots for the DS game were just weird and sad.  The interface with the GBA was just more trouble than it was worth.

I oddly did like Chrystal Bearers for whatever-the-fuck reason.  Maybe it was the opening theme the just set a good idea. I dunno.

The sad part was that it had potential if it didn't use that silly GBA-GCN connection gimmick since the game didn't really make good use of it. A Co-op ARPG in the vein of Secret of Mana would've been a godsend back in those days, especially with the more simplified mechanics and interface versus the "I spam my stack of numbers' cheezy option against the game's stack of numbers because every other way is too slow and tedious and I liek BEEG NUMBURS :).".

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: June 01, 2013, 02:02:53 PM »

Final Fantasy Versus XIII delisted from Amazon -- Source: Nova Crystallis
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: June 05, 2013, 01:51:09 PM »

For what it's worth, FFT for iOS just got a HD update. All the sprites have been smoothed over so they look less pixilated, and apparently the frame rates have been bumped up to reduce crashing.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: June 05, 2013, 04:18:56 PM »

Is the IOS version the psp variant with the updated translation and dark knight class?

TASTY!
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: June 05, 2013, 05:39:01 PM »

Is the IOS version the psp variant with the updated translation and dark knight class?

Also the Onion Knight class and visual effects slowdown.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: June 06, 2013, 01:17:07 AM »

Also the Onion Knight class and visual effects slowdown.
I was trying to stay positive...

TASTY!
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: June 06, 2013, 12:20:32 PM »

Apparently the new update removes slow down, haven't tested it myself yet, but that's what i've been reading...it also adds iCloud save support so that's a bonus!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: June 07, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

Next episode of Square Enix mdRadio confirmed for June 11th -- Source: Nova Crystallis

"Testuya Nomura will be returning to Square Enix's mdRadio on June 11th, Hidemi Matsuzuka has confirmed today.

This news comes following a Famitsu report that the second episode of the show would be available by the end of May. As that date has come and gone, Hidemi has broken the silence and given a final date as to when fans can expect the next words from Nomura as well as others in the merchandise team.

Given the timing, we should expect the full episode to show up sometime after Sony's E3 press conference Monday night. Stay tuned."

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:34:52 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: