Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 06:02:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327206 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2  (Read 9692 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2012, 05:26:52 AM »

So is it any good?

No, it's not. If anyone says it is, they're kidding themselves. That's not to say that people won't enjoy it (and they're certainly welcome to), but is it a good game from a gameplay standpoint? No, it's pretty awful.

Matrix
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2012, 06:29:03 AM »

The gameplay is the best part of the game. Its story is why I would give it a 7.8

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2012, 03:37:07 PM »

The general consensus I've heard is that it's marginally better than the first. So if the first was a C+ this is roughly a B-. Can't really speak personally or compare it to anything else as I still need to clear out Rorona, Totori (a True End run), Fallout NV (Divide DLC), and Skyrim before I dare add anything else to my stack. But by the time it thins out Graces F will be out so I might not be touching this one til like summer. >.<

Good god! You're going to clear all of those out by summer ?
As much as I'd like to unless a game really gets to me I tend to get a little tired after some hours of playing, normally 2 and at most 3. Something I've been doing to remedy this is playing some games on my portables, so I can lay down and relax while doing so but even so it can't be something with too much action. By action I mean not only action games like God of War, a shooter but also an RPG like Tales in which the battle does require constant attention.

Anyway, good luck with all of those. Like yourself I have so much games in stack the I'm pushing Graces as much as I can (hopefully a price drop).

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »

The general consensus I've heard is that it's marginally better than the first. So if the first was a C+ this is roughly a B-. Can't really speak personally or compare it to anything else as I still need to clear out Rorona, Totori (a True End run), Fallout NV (Divide DLC), and Skyrim before I dare add anything else to my stack. But by the time it thins out Graces F will be out so I might not be touching this one til like summer. >.<

Good god! You're going to clear all of those out by summer ?
As much as I'd like to unless a game really gets to me I tend to get a little tired after some hours of playing, normally 2 and at most 3. Something I've been doing to remedy this is playing some games on my portables, so I can lay down and relax while doing so but even so it can't be something with too much action. By action I mean not only action games like God of War, a shooter but also an RPG like Tales in which the battle does require constant attention.

Anyway, good luck with all of those. Like yourself I have so much games in stack the I'm pushing Graces as much as I can (hopefully a price drop).

Alas my living location doesn't have much to offer outside the digital frontier. XP A lot of the offline communities I used to hang with fragmented due to various internal dramas and I find myself with more time for gaming than I really care to have.

Technically if I wanted to buckle down and just get it all out of the way I could probably do it all in less than a month. But like you I find myself burning out about the 2-3 hour mark these days. What's really nightmarish is the list of RPGs I have on standby for my new PSPGo to eat through... I fear once I throw Meruru onto the stack when it comes out that I may not 'need' to buy another game for the next 2 years.
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2012, 04:57:23 PM »

So is it any good?

While I think I'm probably enjoying it a bit more then most based on the responses and reviews I've read, I still say its worth a look. I was playing Atelier Rorona before this and it fell off the radar for the time being, so I'd say its at least proving more engaging then that.... not that Rorona's bad... I love it actually, I'm just really digging MK2 right now.... But in all honestly I'm sort of just doing the Rorona thing to get to Totori.... Hell, I'm backlogged on the whole Atelier universe, who am I kidding......  And I, much like described in the post a few above, will also probably have to drop everything for Graces F...... well everything except my Wild Arms Alter Code F playthrough and my Suikoden 108 star marathon (I never did get to load my data from game to game....)

Bottom line, I feel a "B-" rating is totally on point.... Particularly if your into the over-the-top bubbly anime stuff.

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2012, 11:36:45 PM »

DLC Schedule is out.

*sigh* I'm about ready to stop buying from NISA for a while. It was kinda silly when Disgaea did it but understandable considering the sheer cast; but between Neptunia, Totori, and MK2 I've had about enough of being nickled and dimed for characters that should be playable in the game to begin with. XP
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:11:18 PM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2012, 06:09:34 PM »

DLC Schedule is out.

*sigh* I'm about ready to stop buying from NISA for a while. It was kinda silly when Disgaea did it but understandable considering the sheer cast; but between Neptunia, Totori, and MK2 I've had about enough of being nickled and dimed for character's that should be playable in the game to begin with. XP

I kind of wonder if that kind of DLC is needed for them to make projects profitable/worthwhile.  They bring out some pretty niche shit sometimes, but I don't know.  Just something I'm wondering.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2012, 03:57:36 AM »

Too much DLC is just a rip-off. I hate where the industry is going in that regard. The negatives seem to far outweigh the positives.

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2012, 03:05:12 PM »

I like it when it's used properly, like an entire added scenario(Wizardry LoLS), but added characters and such is getting a bit crazy.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2012, 05:44:05 PM »

Hey, could be worse.  Capcom has 12 DLC (Disk Locked Content) characters in their latest game.  Really shows where their priorities are considering online is buggy and the 360 version has directional input problems (neither are small bugs.  All are quite easy to replicate).

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2012, 05:56:34 PM »

I miss the good ol' days, where hidden characters where few and far between, you needed to accomplish or meet in game criteria to unlock them and you actually felt very accomplished in doing so..... having extra stuff just hurt my wallet does suck..... while I love NISA... I do concur on this point....

I remember being so excited when I got Blu in my group in Breath of Fire 2..... if that game came out now, everyone would have her for preordering and a month or two down the road you'd be able to pay for a costume change that made Rand look like Bo or some non-sense... all without even having to talk to obscure villager.....

....On that note (though all of this is really quite off subject) a Breath of Fire 2 remake would kick ass..... scratch that, how about just a new breath of fire..... a guy can dream can't he?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2012, 04:25:11 AM »

Compile Heart announces End of Game Industry

*shrugs*
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »

That was an April Fools joke you know...

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2012, 02:35:33 PM »

I think the stink was it was made April 2nd though.
This was the worst April Fools ever this year.

Anyways, someone should tell Compile Hearts to stop making shitty games.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »

Quasi-Related Side Tangent: Who wants to take bets than in 20 years AFD jokes will be taking place on March 1st?

No one does them on the 1st anymore because you're always expecting that; but because of that we now 'expect' them on the 31st and 2nd as well. In a few years it'll be the 30th and 3rd, ect., ect. XD Or we'll eventually hit critical mass and go back to April 1st since that'll be so unexpected by that point.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: