Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2016, 08:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
246751 Posts in 7387 Topics by 2383 Members
Latest Member: xxkinsmanxx
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Legend of Legacy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Legacy  (Read 13109 times)
Dincrest
Analogy spouting
RPGFan Editor

Lanterne Rouge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2016, 05:12:52 PM »

Let's hope FurYu's next offering, Caligula, fares better.  Skeptical speculation makes a lot of us think "bargain bin Persona" but it does have P1 and P2's scenario writer, so hopefully it's good.

Games I've given Editor's Choice to:
Ever 17, Hourglass of Summer, Anachronox, Persona PSP, Radiant Historia, To The Moon, Revolution 60
Towns Car Marty
For Play in Town and Car!
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2016, 05:18:26 PM »

I *really* like the concept of Caligula's plot, but FuRyu have a bad track record of hiring beloved writers and RPG veterans and doing nothing with them. Unchained Blades had ex-Lunar staff, Legacy had Masato Kato for goodness' sake. I hope the third time's the charm and they make something wonderful with Satomi Tadashi, but you can understand why I'd be skeptical.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2016, 11:12:41 PM »

Hey man, I thought Unchained Blades was pretty great. I mean, I guess it's no Lunar, but it still gives off a lot more charm and creativity than a lot of other dungeon crawlers.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Artimicia

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2016, 12:12:07 AM »

That kind of sounds all right though... being in the vicinity of Saga doesn't sound too bad.
Towns Car Marty
For Play in Town and Car!
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2016, 03:09:56 AM »

Hey man, I thought Unchained Blades was pretty great. I mean, I guess it's no Lunar, but it still gives off a lot more charm and creativity than a lot of other dungeon crawlers.

I thought it was OK but couldn't really see the influences of its pedigree. I hated that button mashing minigame though.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2016, 03:47:27 AM »

I thought it was OK but couldn't really see the influences of its pedigree. I hated that button mashing minigame though.

Ah. I thought it was nice way to mix things up, at least. I guess expectations play a part here, too. I bought it on a whim because it was the first new RPG for the 3DS, and all I knew going in was that it was a dungeon crawler from a new studio, with 7+ artists doing the character illustrations. I had never heard about it having any former Lunar devs on board until now, so I was just impressed that it wasn't just yet another generic Wizardry clone that I saw a lot of around the time it came out (it wasn't even the first dungeon crawler on the 3DS, though the other one didn't make it across the pond).

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: