Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 10:31:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332926 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Etrian Odyssey IV announced for 3DS
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV announced for 3DS  (Read 18419 times)
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 09:13:12 PM »

The OST is better than the EOIII one, "Battlefield - Storm" is fucking awesome. Can't wait for the Super Arrange album.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »

Wow, that was pretty great. Now I'm inspired to play my copy of Etrian Odyssey III again (I know it's from 4 but that's not out yet. =P)

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2012, 12:04:04 AM »

I love this series. I'm listening to the OST  for IV, and it's just all sorts of awesome. I feel pretty confident we'll get a localization.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2012, 07:34:18 PM »

http://nintendoeverything.com/106388/etrian-odyssey-iv-dated-for-north-america-bonus-items-for-early-buyers/

Feb 26th for North America

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2012, 07:45:31 PM »

I believe I speak for us all when I say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »

Pre-ordered.  Also, this will give me an excuse to get around to Etrian Odyssey III some time soon.
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2012, 08:49:09 AM »

Medic and Landsknecht class trailers.

I'm really liking that the medic class combines healer and farmer/ranger/scavenger classes together and does so in a logical way.  Definitely going to have one on my team.  I also appreciate that you have a choice of fantasy-style/school girl or modern scientist/doctor look.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:40:25 PM by Desert Walker » Logged
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »

Pre-ordered.  Also, this will give me an excuse to get around to Etrian Odyssey III some time soon.

If you manage to finish it on time, think you could give me a total time estimate? I'm on the first floor of the second stratum, and it felt like it took 20 hours just to get through the first Stratum (granted 5+ hours were just sailing), and it doesn't seem like it'll get any quicker.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Nel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »

I'm only on the second floor of the first game still, and I started that earlier this year. XD Succeeding feels like it takes forever.
Desert Walker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »

According to Atlus they're putting up a free demo on the 3DS eShop Feb 7th and that the demo will function as a save point for the full game if you choose to buy it.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2013, 09:52:56 AM »

Guys, this years RPGFan statistics are in!  I thought I would share them with you guys.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 05:15:02 PM »

^lol. 

According to Atlus they're putting up a free demo on the 3DS eShop Feb 7th and that the demo will function as a save point for the full game if you choose to buy it.

I don't really like dungeon crawlers and am making an exception for Soul Hackers, but EO might be interesting.  Gonna wait for the review regardless, but good to know there's a demo that can help confirm feelings and not waste any time invested.  If only Tales of Hearts R demo had that feature. That guy who poured close to 80 hours into the demo would be happier I imagine.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »

If you don't like first-person dungeon crawlers, you won't like EO.  It's an easier Wizardry with eastern, lighter-colored designs instead of western, darker designs.

That's not to say it's bad, mind you, simply that it probably isn't going to be something you enjoy.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2013, 06:00:34 PM »

Truly, I've never really played many.  I think I more or less don't like the idea of them.  It just depends on how the story is delivered.  Also, class base combat is usually something I like.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »

I admittedly don't know about IV because I haven't played it, but I-III were light when it comes to the story, not much more than the average game in the genre.  I think you might be getting fooled by the artstyle or its publisher/developer; the story is really just there to give a reason for the dungeon and its enemies inside to exist.  It's all about the gameplay.

Of recently-released first-person dungeon crawlers, Unchained Blades had the most story to it.  That particular game has so much story to it that I actually wanted it to be quiet and let me just go through my dungeons.

But, absolutely, try the demo.  You might find you enjoy the genre more than you'd expect.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: