Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey IV announced for 3DS  (Read 45737 times)

Draak

Re: Etrian Odyssey IV announced for 3DS
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 09:13:12 PM »
Labyrinth I - Cerulean Woodlands
Minor Labyrinth I - The Undiscovered Realm

Yuzo Koshiro did it again.

The OST is better than the EOIII one, "Battlefield - Storm" is fucking awesome. Can't wait for the Super Arrange album.

Mickeymac92

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2012, 03:18:02 PM »
Labyrinth I - Cerulean Woodlands
Minor Labyrinth I - The Undiscovered Realm

Yuzo Koshiro did it again.

Wow, that was pretty great. Now I'm inspired to play my copy of Etrian Odyssey III again (I know it's from 4 but that's not out yet. =P)

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2012, 12:04:04 AM »
I love this series. I'm listening to the OST  for IV, and it's just all sorts of awesome. I feel pretty confident we'll get a localization.
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Lard

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

Taelus

• Some music guy
  • Editor Emeritus
  • You're gonna have a bad Turnabout.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2012, 07:45:31 PM »
I believe I speak for us all when I say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA
Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third.

Desert Walker

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
Pre-ordered.  Also, this will give me an excuse to get around to Etrian Odyssey III some time soon.

Desert Walker

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2012, 08:49:09 AM »
Medic and Landsknecht class trailers.

I'm really liking that the medic class combines healer and farmer/ranger/scavenger classes together and does so in a logical way.  Definitely going to have one on my team.  I also appreciate that you have a choice of fantasy-style/school girl or modern scientist/doctor look.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:40:25 PM by Desert Walker »

Mickeymac92

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2012, 11:58:59 AM »
Pre-ordered.  Also, this will give me an excuse to get around to Etrian Odyssey III some time soon.

If you manage to finish it on time, think you could give me a total time estimate? I'm on the first floor of the second stratum, and it felt like it took 20 hours just to get through the first Stratum (granted 5+ hours were just sailing), and it doesn't seem like it'll get any quicker.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Nel

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »
I'm only on the second floor of the first game still, and I started that earlier this year. XD Succeeding feels like it takes forever.

Desert Walker

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
According to Atlus they're putting up a free demo on the 3DS eShop Feb 7th and that the demo will function as a save point for the full game if you choose to buy it.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2013, 09:52:56 AM »
Guys, this years RPGFan statistics are in!  I thought I would share them with you guys.

Akanbe-

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 05:15:02 PM »
^lol. 

According to Atlus they're putting up a free demo on the 3DS eShop Feb 7th and that the demo will function as a save point for the full game if you choose to buy it.

I don't really like dungeon crawlers and am making an exception for Soul Hackers, but EO might be interesting.  Gonna wait for the review regardless, but good to know there's a demo that can help confirm feelings and not waste any time invested.  If only Tales of Hearts R demo had that feature. That guy who poured close to 80 hours into the demo would be happier I imagine.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

Cyril

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 05:57:17 PM »
If you don't like first-person dungeon crawlers, you won't like EO.  It's an easier Wizardry with eastern, lighter-colored designs instead of western, darker designs.

That's not to say it's bad, mind you, simply that it probably isn't going to be something you enjoy.

Akanbe-

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2013, 06:00:34 PM »
Truly, I've never really played many.  I think I more or less don't like the idea of them.  It just depends on how the story is delivered.  Also, class base combat is usually something I like.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9

Cyril

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »
I admittedly don't know about IV because I haven't played it, but I-III were light when it comes to the story, not much more than the average game in the genre.  I think you might be getting fooled by the artstyle or its publisher/developer; the story is really just there to give a reason for the dungeon and its enemies inside to exist.  It's all about the gameplay.

Of recently-released first-person dungeon crawlers, Unchained Blades had the most story to it.  That particular game has so much story to it that I actually wanted it to be quiet and let me just go through my dungeons.

But, absolutely, try the demo.  You might find you enjoy the genre more than you'd expect.