Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 04:03:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340877 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Random Question!? Did you like Final Fantasy 13?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Random Question!? Did you like Final Fantasy 13?  (Read 2437 times)
CrowlevelEight

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »

I just bought Final Fantasy 13! Its really fun!! I don't really have a problem with the Linearity but i do find myself missing the wide areas of Final Fantasy 12. What i like best in Final Fantasy 13 is the combat, it's a game changer!

Tell me if you liked or disliked Final Fantasy 13. Reason? Hours Logged?

Thanks for sharing!!!
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 09:33:59 PM »

Here's 53 pages of opinions:

http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=7238.0

Enjoy.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 09:41:09 PM »

Figures the last post in that thread is about Dragon Quest of all games.

I enjoyed it. It's not what I want out of FF, but the series is so dynamic that it's not as much of an issue as when Zelda fails to be close to what I want. Well, and there's more FF alternatives than Zelda alternatives, that helps too. Anyways, XIII-2 came closer, and I really enjoyed it as a more experimental FF game, somewhat like Majora's Mask to OoT.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 09:48:06 PM »

I enjoyed it more than FF12. And no, I'm not kidding.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 10:00:11 PM »

I spent around 40-50 hours running through the tube with XIII. It is fine game with some nice moments and it also helps that is very pretty, but even as I enjoyed the game a lot I still felt a bit disappointed knowing how many years Square Enix took to make it.

In any case The 3rd Birthday in comparison to XIII is way worse. :p

I enjoyed it more than FF12. And no, I'm not kidding.

"I'm captain Basch Fon Ronsenburg of Dalmasca!"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:07:32 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 10:05:49 PM »

I liked it. I didn't find the characters nearly as annoying as a lot of other people did, and enjoyed the story thoroughly, which hit plenty of right notes with me. I loved the pacing, music, and artwork especially. The only things I didn't like were the linearity and the combat, but even then I found they worked with the game, even if they weren't to my tastes. It's far from my favorite Final Fantasy game, but it's still one of the most enjoyable JRPGs I've played this generation.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
xXMelancholiaXx

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 10:58:22 PM »

I enjoyed it.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 12:39:16 AM »

I felt that FFXIII-1 was basically the tech demo for the game that would eventually become FFXIII-2.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 12:52:06 AM »

I felt that FFXIII-1 was basically the tech demo for the game that would eventually become FFXIII-2.

Not an unfair assessment.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Mym

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 03:41:05 AM »

I wasn't crazy about it, but I liked it well enough. I enjoyed the battles and the relatively tricky difficulty level once the battle system finally opened up, I liked the music and visuals, and I found the plot entertaining if more than a tad silly and melodrama-y. Then again, I didn't go in with particularly high expectations. And I imported the Japanese version around Christmas, which was kind of a big deal for me both because of the nostalgia factor of playing a new Final Fantasy at Christmas (we were pretty poor growing up, and only ever received games at Christmas) and because knowing I had reached the point with Japanese where I could completely understand the newest installment of what was a very precious series to me growing up was really exciting. So I think on some level, I would probably have enjoyed it regardless of the game itself.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »

I loved it. Best FF since IX. Focused story, likable cast, amazing graphics and sound, innovative gameplay.

I didn't mind the streamlined experience at all. It made the experience all the better.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 10:17:16 AM »

he was my favorite character

when he whined about being tired in the middle of a combat zone it was so funny

and then they talked about being heroes and it gave me hope for the future

i could feel it in my heart
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »

To be honest, while I played and loved nearly every FF title including the off-shoots, I didn't care for 13 at all..... it held my interest for awhile but the horrible equipment system, linear style, and ultra-lengthy battles in the latter chapters really turned me off by the end...I'm not gonna lie, I'd rather re-play crystal chronicles then ever look at this one again....

2 other more superficial aspects that I couldn't stand was the fact that the summons reminded me of transformers (I hate transformers....) and none of the cast seemed worth caring about to me... ok... well maybe I sort of dug Vanille.... but beyond her they all seemed really generic to me...

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 03:20:06 PM »

Man, finally a thread I can go on an all out rant about FFXIII, and yet, I really can't be bothered because of how many times I've said it all already. If you want to know what I think about it just look at my recent post history, I bring it up quite often because its usually the example I use whenever I talk about flaws. FFXIII is pretty much everything I hate about modern jRPGs rolled into one. The weird thing is that despite this, I'm still compelled to play all the way through it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:21:52 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Zik

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »

I just bought Final Fantasy 13! Its really fun!! I don't really have a problem with the Linearity but i do find myself missing the wide areas of Final Fantasy 12. What i like best in Final Fantasy 13 is the combat, it's a game changer!

Tell me if you liked or disliked Final Fantasy 13. Reason? Hours Logged?

Thanks for sharing!!!

Funny because for me, I enjoyed the game overall but the combat was the thing I disliked the most... the game played itself. 9 fights out of 10 all you need to do is pres A, I don't see how it can be fun.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: