Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 05:55:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319009 Posts in 13030 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Good People Will Die
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Good People Will Die  (Read 4707 times)
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2012, 08:18:11 PM »

You can setup different accounts on different memory cards, but unfortunately the process for switching between them is not as simple as swapping cards.  There is some info stored on the Vita itself and you have to restore to factory defaults and then manually re-enter all your account info and stuff everytime you switch.  If it's something you're only going to do once in a while maybe it's not so bad, but if you expect to be switching back and forth a lot then it's involved enough to be a real pain...

Also, you wouldn't get trophies in your main account when playing stuff from a different region anyway...

Really, it's best to just stick with physical cards for importing.  What worries me is when games start having DLC and stuff.

There is a video on IGN showing how to do this and it's not edited so one can have an idea of the real time needed to do this. The video is about 13 minutes and the swapping accounts thing I think if memory serves me right takes 7 to 9 minutes. Not much but like you said, it's troublesome if you switch games too much and I tend to do that a lot but I don't disregard the option.

I'll get this on the Vita, unless it's something I might want on my system to play lots of times, like Persona 4 or Hot Shots I'd rather get a digital version. Not to mention this games doesn't seem to be the one that will eat that much space on the card.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2012, 09:28:50 PM »

Happy to hear both versions are coming. Will likely be grabbing the Vita release.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »

I really don't dig the new name. But I wasn't a fan of the old one either. '999' was such a strong title. It was easy to say, it had purpose, it was foreshadowing right on the cover, and it played into the numbers motif that comprised the entire game.

EEA: GPD- This one was just...eh. It felt more like a project label to keep people from knowing a sequel was on the way than an actual title.

ZE: VLR- Right off the bad this title invokes the 'hokey' element. Calling it "Zero Escape" is just about as corny as any sequel horror film like "*insert killer's name* Revenge". Virtue's Last Reward does sort of redeem it though as I image the ambidex game will be a greater challenge or morals compared to its nonary counterpart; so I can see the allusion.

I know something like 999-2 would've been way worse and nonsensical; but I feel like they tried just a little too hard to make it look fancy rather than going for something elegant and fitting.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2012, 11:33:49 PM »

This puts me on board for a vita.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:17 AM »

There's a japanese trailer out and the character models look absolutely terrible. I wish they stuck with static images because they essentially looked like N64 rendered characters.

Fred Flintstone

Yabba Dabba Doo!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2012, 12:02:27 PM »

Lard: A bit OT, but what were you permabanned for on GAF?
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »

There's a japanese trailer out and the character models look absolutely terrible. I wish they stuck with static images because they essentially looked like N64 rendered characters.

Clearly someone hasn't played any 3-D Japanese games lately.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2012, 12:31:03 PM »

I find for the most part that animations in Western games horrible but I know that in a way that is arguable in some cases. Though, Japanese games are more about aesthetic more than anything else.

I mean look at Xenoblade or Vanquish for instance.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2012, 12:34:42 PM »

I find for the most part that animations in Western games horrible but I know that in a way that is arguable in some cases. Though, Japanese games are more about aesthetic more than anything else.

I mean look at Xenoblade or Vanquish for instance.

Dunno if you're being sarcasstic or not...  But man... Xenoblade faces for characters looked like someone threw some mud or some shit on them then grabbed the photoshop smudge tool, went nuts, then finally someone punched the model to look less human and more like Gelflings (from J.H.'s Dark Crystal).

What's cookin' good lookin'?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:39:19 PM by Dice » Logged

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2012, 12:40:21 PM »

With Xenoblade I meant with the art direction. I know that their models in the game are ugly for today standards.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2012, 03:03:00 PM »

This isn't a western v japanese game argument. These models are just nasty and I'm going to have a hard time caring about "people" that look like that

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2012, 09:07:38 AM »

This isn't a western v japanese game argument. These models are just nasty and I'm going to have a hard time caring about "people" that look like that

I'll never understand sentiments like that considering it wasn't that hard for your average human being not even 30 years ago to care about 'people' who looked like this. A person is a person regardless of what quality of graphics are used to represent them.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2012, 10:49:46 AM »

I'll never understand sentiments like that considering it wasn't that hard for your average human being not even 30 years ago to care about 'people' who looked like this. A person is a person regardless of what quality of graphics are used to represent them.

It's a pretty well-documented thing called the uncanny valley.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2012, 10:54:38 AM »

It's a pretty well-documented thing called the uncanny valley.

Ahh, gotcha. I must not have a valley-zone. XD
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:52:27 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »

I haven't seen the game in motion but from the screenshots I don't see anything wrong with any of the characters. Then again, I grew up watching animu. =w='
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: