Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 05:16:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338003 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Dungeon Hunter Alliance (Vita's lone launch RPG).
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dungeon Hunter Alliance (Vita's lone launch RPG).  (Read 574 times)
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2012, 11:58:58 PM »

Never played the mobile games, but this one is pretty darn good. It's not the most detailed Vita game I got (that honor goes to Uncharted and Rayman Origins), but the graphics are nice and crisp and from what I heard better than the Ipad versions. There's nothing unique about the gameplay, but it does what it does well, in a slightly Torchlight kind of way. I've had the system preordered since June of last year... didn't realize until I got all this today that the system uses gamecards. Kinda weird, but it works.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:16 AM »

I haven't had a chance to play this one yet, but considering it's a $40 port of a $13 port of a $1 iOS game... I'm not too thrilled about the price point.  Really seems like a cash grab by Ubisoft and Gameloft.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 04:37:18 PM »

Yeah, when you consider that it's expensive. It's not getting GREAT revies, but most seem to be about 3/5 that I've seen. It's worth at least 15 bucks more to me just because you can use analog sticks. Those on-screen controls and buttons on like the IPad suck IMO. Either way, I REALLY hope Ruin comes out for the Vita here.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 04:40:07 PM by Britton » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »

Tried the demo. Deleted it. That about sums it up really, I'll wait on a better offering further down the road (Silent Hill: Book of Memories?)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: