Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 06:55:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327985 Posts in 13431 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mugen Souls
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Mugen Souls  (Read 10049 times)
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:24:56 PM »

So I was just curious what everyones thoughts were on the chance of Mugen Souls being localized..... I'm really hoping its possible as this one looks right up my alley.... That and there was no thread for this title yet that I saw... So I figured "what the hey!?" lets toss one out there....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »

My first thought: wait, they made a Dark/Demon's Souls version of this?
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »

This game looks vaguely interesting. I don't have an issue with Compile Heart, so I'll keep an eye on this.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »

Didn't know about this, looks cute.

My first thought: wait, they made a Dark/Demon's Souls version of this?

My thoughts exactly.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »

Watch this and be horrified.

I thought I had a high tolerance for that kind of stuff but even I'm disgusted.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 08:52:28 PM »

"You'll need to equip soap and shampoo, which you gather in battle and during exploration.

In the bath, you'll need to massage the girls with the soap and shampoo. If you bathe the girls good, you'll see some positive effects in battle. Tip: combine various soaps and shampoos for different effects."

Have to admit that at least as a concept, this is a great idea. The game looks that it'll have a ton of grinding though (and it depends on the battle system if that's good or not bad news).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:11:36 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:51 PM »

That sounds like the Ar Tonelico Dualithnode crystal thing taken to a rather offputting level.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 10:21:17 PM »

I'm wishing it WERE some insane community Demon's Souls thing now. :(
Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »

That sounds like the Ar Tonelico Dualithnode crystal thing taken to a rather offputting level.

LoL- I totally thought the same thing.... What is it with the japanese and bathing? It seems there is always a bath scene in everything.... if not a bath-house completely featured in some respect.... Speaking of bath houses, Niea Under 7 wins the "best of the bath-house" award by me... I really adored the cute little Niea so skillfully illustrated by Abe... I actually have a Yoshitoshi Abe sleave in the works on my left arm to be hopefully completed soon with a Niea piece....

Anyhow.... back on topic.... chance of localization? Anybody??

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »

-6% ?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2012, 07:35:03 PM »

We'd have a better chance of america approving a nationwide shutdown of mcdonald's.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 07:45:13 PM »

Only reason there's a shadow of a chance is because companies like NISA and, to a lesser degree, Aksys exist. Otherwise, none whatsoever.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 11:59:40 PM »

Well, I initially thought chances of localization were pretty good.  NISA has a history of localizing Compile Heart titles, after all.  And it's not like this is a PSP game.  You would think they would want to get every PS3 game they could.

Then I saw that bath trailer.  I honestly don't know if that would fly here.  It looks worse than AT3...

LoL- I totally thought the same thing.... What is it with the japanese and bathing? It seems there is always a bath scene in everything.... if not a bath-house completely featured in some respect....

There are actually legit reasons for that.  Bathing is a big thing in Japanese culture.  And frankly, they're on to something.  I don't know if you've ever been to Japan, but if you do go make sure to check out an onsen.  They are friggin nice...

And bathing with other people (of the same gender) is much more normal in Japan than in the west.  It's not generally considered a big deal.  And yeah, shared baths do exist, but they're very much the exception rather than the rule.  Even then they would typically have separate sections for changing and washing (yes, you're supposed to wash yourself before you get in the bath...it's a thing) and it's only the big bath part that's shared, in which case most people would wrap themselves in a towel or something while they're using it.

Klyde Chroma
Pool of Thorns Groupie

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 04:40:27 PM »

What a bummer... being on this forum has really made me want to just break-down and learn the language.... I mean screw it.... If I start now, in a year or two there will be nothing I can't play!... Has anyone here ever tried it?

Triscal-Goddess / PSN
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 05:52:37 PM »

Er...I've been studying Japanese on and off for like 10 years and there's still stuff I can't play.  Mind you I haven't exactly been doing it full-time, but there's a lot to learn.

That said, I've really only been using my Japanese skills to play import games for the last couple of years, and I think I have improved a lot in that time.  Games can be really good practice tools.  Look for games that have both text and voice and let you advance through the dialogue at your own pace.  (i.e., visual novel-ish games, rather than modern, more cinematic cut scenes)  Heck, some visual novels have a history function that even let's you replay the audio for past lines, though that's rare in any other genre.

But still, you're going to need some sort of foundation of basic skills before you should even think about playing import games.  Looking up words you don't know is one thing, but you should at least know basic grammar and sentence structure.  Learning kanji is a seemingly endless process, but if you don't even know hiragana and katakana then you should probably forget it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: