Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:44:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319582 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mugen Souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Mugen Souls  (Read 9116 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 11:01:44 PM »

You can use that sponge to wash the dishes if you feel so offended by it.
Annubis
Image is from Magical Diary. It's the Deus Ex of VN/Dating sim

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 11:02:37 PM »

It's not like they ship you a little girl with it.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 11:57:44 PM »

It's not offensive. It's just one of those things that beg the question "Why?" to a high extent. XP

I think 'tasteless' might be more the word. It's kinda like including functional blueprints for a Saw trap in every DVD of said movie. Yeah the odds of anyone using them to mirror the in-fiction application are so slim they might as well be 0%. But the implication is...eye-twitching.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 12:11:27 AM »

NISA is probably just trying to outdo Aksys with Record of Agarest War. The first one came with an oppai mousepad, and the second one came with an inflatable doll.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 01:13:13 AM »

NISA is probably just trying to outdo Aksys with Record of Agarest War. The first one came with an oppai mousepad, and the second one came with an inflatable doll.

And kudos to them for it, I say.

I'm totally going to wash up Mugen Souls style. Hey, maybe a product review video ...?

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2012, 01:14:56 AM »

In hindsight it's not really all that bad. Still...that's just not the sort of thing you drop in someone's inbox without warning NISA. Damn. XD

Although I'm still irked over how dodgy they're being about what has or has not been censored out. I imagine quite a lot of people would like to know before throwing down for a pre-order.

Side Note: The MC's name is Chou-Chou? *sigh* What the hell. That's the third name this month I've had to alter in my character database to avoid unintentional similarities.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:17:48 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2012, 01:56:33 AM »

The sponge isn't tasteless.  It's the game that's tasteless.  The sponge is actually kind of clever.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 02:01:04 AM »

The sponge isn't tasteless.  It's the game that's tasteless.  The sponge is actually kind of clever.

Can't imagine the actual bathing mechanic making it to US shores without some heavy censorship if not removing it all together.  Curious if they're alluding to having left it in somehow.

I got nothing against special editions though.  Kudos to low key niche companies like NISA, Aksys, and XSeed for doing SE's more often then some major developers' titles.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 02:02:51 AM »

NISA as a whole is rather tasteless. It feels like a collection of pedophiles selling stuff to other pedophiles now.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 02:52:53 AM »

NISA as a whole is rather tasteless. It feels like a collection of pedophiles selling stuff to other pedophiles now.

This whole deal with the game is pretty silly to me honestly. I don't understand why someone would want this game, it certainly does not seem like a good use of anyone's free time so far (unless the game is actually fun or something).

But what do I know, after all people is buying those breast mouse pads anyway.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 08:04:45 AM »

It's no secret that, in spite of myself, I enjoyed Mugen Souls a lot at E3.  And you won't hear me shouting righteous indignation over something this silly and over the top. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »

The truly sad part about the whole scenario with games like this.... that is, games where the creepiness of a mini-game or LE content causes a bit of a jaw drop amongst fans....... is that is totally takes precedence over anything relevant to the game itself....

I see this now to be true with Agarest 2.... The game is freakin' GREAT.... it might not be everyone's cup of tea, certainly not, but it deserves WAY more attention then it got.... beyond being just a step up from past IF/CH efforts, it stands in and of itself as one of the best and most original things to happen by way of J-SRPGs on consoles in years....  But alas, it will go down in most peoples memory as "the game that came with a blow-up doll" and not "that game with incedible sprites and a valkyrie profile-esque combat system, with a narrative that blows its prior installments out of the water...." despite the fact that the blow up doll and weird pervy-mini-games are a complete afterthought when it comes to the title itself..... the bathhouse mini-games suck by the way and are by no means anything to get worked up over.....

I guess I'm just really surprised still that at present "shock value" even exists to any degree with pop culture and media.... I mean doesn't anyone else just sort of chuckle at the stuff or overlook it entirely? I mean come on, its par for the course people.... anime and j-games are gonna have creepy fan-service attached more often then most of us care to see it and if you want to enjoy some series worth watching or playing, it must be overlooked....

Case and point, then I am done.....I actually talked to one guy the other day who was literally embarased to buy Agarest War 2 because of the whole LE blow up doll thing, despite the fact that he admitted to thinking the game looked good and he did in fact want it.....  Now that to me is shocking and ridiculous.... the fact ANYONE would get so hung up on this stuff as to deny themselves any chance to enjoy the game itself or even give it a chance is what is truly silly to me....

Now when games start coming with dildo's, bullets and anal beads THAT is when you'll hear me say they've crossed the line..... sponges and dolls though? Nope, not really that big of a deal if you ask me.....

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Zendervai

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 05:56:29 PM »

I got the Agarest Limited edition, but it was because Amazon.ca was sold out of the regular edition. I do want to get the Mugen Souls NISA store limited edition because I want the figures though. I'll just repeat the phrase I've used several times after criticism about my likes and dislikes. A real man (or woman I guess) doesn't care what others think about their interests.
Klyde Chroma
Novice Bulimic in training.

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 07:22:28 PM »

I got the Agarest Limited edition, but it was because Amazon.ca was sold out of the regular edition. I do want to get the Mugen Souls NISA store limited edition because I want the figures though. I'll just repeat the phrase I've used several times after criticism about my likes and dislikes. A real man (or woman I guess) doesn't care what others think about their interests.

Well put friend, well put.... And you can bet I'll be pre-ordering for those cute little figurines too.... I LOVE the little mini's.... I collected every disgaea mini up to 4..... after having already pre-ordered 4 at Gamestop and missing out on the figures, I became a Rosenqueen customer.... between the D4 figurines I missed out on and my freakin' MK2 playing cards I will NEVER pre-order an NIS title from anyone but them ever again.... I don't know why I'm so nuts about getting this pre-order crap, but damn  does the kid in me still scream "I NEED THAT JUNK!!!!"

this signature is Blace's fault...
Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »

I'm actually sort of tempted to preorder the Mugen Souls figure set even though I'm not yet sold on the game at all...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: